What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Thankfully, my shift today wasn't so bad. I managed to get enough sleep for me to wake up pretty all right. A can of Monster Energy also helped me stay awake. I'm just glad that it's all over...for now.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I’ve been having a lingering cough since I recovered from COVID and I’ve coughed so much that I think I’ve sprained a muscle in the rear of my right rib.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Spuro wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:59 amThe longer this horror goes on, the more likely suicide is looking for me ten or so years down the line. I just don’t want to live in a world sliding backwards like this.
You want to die because the world is a bad place, but have you ever stopped to think of how much worse the world would be for the loved ones you'd leave behind?

Suicide is selfish and stupid. There are much more productive solutions to address your feelings than this.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Beast Blood wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:27 pm
Spuro wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:59 amThe longer this horror goes on, the more likely suicide is looking for me ten or so years down the line. I just don’t want to live in a world sliding backwards like this.
You want to die because the world is a bad place, but have you ever stopped to think of how much worse the world would be for the loved ones you'd leave behind?

Suicide is selfish and stupid. There are much more productive solutions to address your feelings than this.
Agreed. Anyway, the world is not sliding backwards, and if parts of it are, that's temporary. The last few decades have been a time of dizzying fast-paced change and upheaval. Ancient concepts and institutions are being torn down relatively overnight and new things are rising up that no one predicted or understands. Groups that have held power and influence are suddenly losing it as society becomes more free and equal than it's ever been before (minus the wealth gap, but you can't have everything right away), so of course we're going to see some attempts to stop the change and revert. That's inevitable. Give it a few generations, and a lot of the problems we're dealing with now will fade.

Also, don't let the fucking media drag you down. They feed you a constant stream of sensationalized negativity just because it gets this kind of reaction out of you. 'Promising Young Man Blows His Brains Out' will be another headline they can milk for a day or two.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Just dealing with burn out and lack of motivation to do stuff. It sucks.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:37 pmAlso, don't let the fucking media drag you down. They feed you a constant stream of sensationalized negativity just because it gets this kind of reaction out of you. 'Promising Young Man Blows His Brains Out' will be another headline they can milk for a day or two.
Pretty much. There's a bias towards negativity. If I took a walk outside and accidentally stepped into a huge puddle of water and fell in it, I would think of my day as bad, despite the fact that it was overall pretty good beyond that single negative event. Perhaps I'd made good progress in school or I'd met someone I hadn't seen in a while and had a fun little conversation with them - but my unfortunate fall would probably overshadow the great time I'd had up to that point.

For every awful car accident and political drama, you have millions of people going about their day perfectly fine, but no one talks about it, because it's not particularly exciting; but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You have things like a baker deciding to offer free cookies to poor people or something downright amazing, like the important surgery my sister's husband had a few months ago that was not only a first in Canada, but was actually successful despite the infinite number of things that could've gone wrong with it, but those tend to get less attention.

And yes, the media is annoying. More clicks = more money, and negativity = more clicks. Of course they're going to be negative, unless they're certain whatever positive thing they want to write an article or make a video about will gain a certain degree of traction. I could very easily write a rant on a gaming subreddit parroting the same talking points people come up with and get a ton of awards, or I could do it the other way around and repeat a positive thing that also commonly hits the front page and watch the award count go up. People love to feel validated.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I’m just going around in my day or night until I remembered the name Evil Crash bandicoot, so I searched it up and I found his channel and is one of the most revolting and vile things I have ever witnessed, he constantly draw racist art against Asians and has a play list of dogs
Apparently there has been some information about him on Reddit saying he’s a Racist, is Anti Touhou? (I don’t know what that is) but also he is a pedophile and a stalker Who has allegedly harass people.
Link

People like this should not have a channel on any platform
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Then why link to him? Any clicks he gets are beneficial to him, he doesn't give a shit whether you enjoy what you click on or not. Ignoring him is the quickest way to make him go away.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:34 am ^ Then why link to him? Any clicks he gets are beneficial to him, he doesn't give a poop whether you enjoy what you click on or not. Ignoring him is the quickest way to make him go away.
Sorry, I wasn’t really thinking correctly it was just he made my blood boil that all.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Forgot to bring back my iPad back from work.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Today would have been my little brother's 19th birthday, and him not being here has ruined my day. Ever since my shift ended and I came home Ive felt just pure emptiness inside. I definitely haven't gotten used to it. Some days I feel like any moment now he will come home through the front door and crack some joke. Other days I look over my shoulder to tell him something. And then I remember.

Its going to be a hard day to get through.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:53 am Today would have been my little brother's 19th birthday, and him not being here has ruined my day. Ever since my shift ended and I came home Ive felt just pure emptiness inside. I definitely haven't gotten used to it. Some days I feel like any moment now he will come home through the front door and crack some joke. Other days I look over my shoulder to tell him something. And then I remember.

My condolences, man.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:53 am Today would have been my little brother's 19th birthday, and him not being here has ruined my day. Ever since my shift ended and I came home Ive felt just pure emptiness inside. I definitely haven't gotten used to it. Some days I feel like any moment now he will come home through the front door and crack some joke. Other days I look over my shoulder to tell him something. And then I remember.

I'm sorry. I can't even begin to imagine the horror you're living through.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

What happened to him?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:47 pm What happened to him?
What I was told is that he had picked up someones vintage powder gun that they had used as a display piece and it went off in his hands and hit him in the neck.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:51 pm
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:47 pm What happened to him?
What I was told is that he had picked up someones vintage powder gun that they had used as a display piece and it went off in his hands and hit him in the neck.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother 4 years ago and it still gives me pain. Sometimes I still say "wait till I tell mom".
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm immensely sorry. My condolences.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Had to put my cat down yesterday after a rapid decline in health.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

Maritonic wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:03 am Had to put my cat down yesterday after a rapid decline in health.
That is the worst. There's nothing anyone can say that will make that better. The important thing is that you were there for your friend to the end and, as difficult as it was for both of you, you did what your friend needed you to do.