What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
G.H.B
Interpol Agent

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by G.H.B »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:55 pm
G.H.B wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:39 pm Realizing you never really moved on and are still in love with a married woman kinda sucks, ngl.
I've been there, man. It gets easier with time. Going on dates. Spending time with your friends, spending time on your interests, taking the time to try new things and be adventurous. It all helps. Just hang in there.
Late reply but I wanna genuinely say thank you for offering a few kind words of encouragement. It may not sound like much but even little shit helps.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Well, fellas. This one might seem trivial. But, for me, it's a big deal. My truck isn't my first vehicle. But it is the first one I bought with my own money and it was one I wanted ever since I was a little kid. A Chevy Avalance. They're not everyone's favorite. But they're mine. It's been so much fun and so reliable. I've taken it all over the South and the East coast. It's been on so many adventures with me it's almost like a companion. But the problems keep piling up. The suspension is rough, the power steering is leaking, the engine keeps misfiring, the blower motor is out, I just had to replace the alternator, and the motor for the sun roof is busted. I've done everything I know to do and now I'm gonna have to take it to a professional mechanic to assess the damage and give me a rough idea of how much it'll cost to fix. If it's too much, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new vehicle. If that's the case, I'm going to be pretty bummed out.
G.H.B wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:04 pm Late reply but I wanna genuinely say thank you for offering a few kind words of encouragement. It may not sound like much but even little shit helps.
Of course! Hope it all smooths over for you soon.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

G.H.B
Interpol Agent

Post by G.H.B »

:serizawa:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:06 pm Well, fellas. This one might seem trivial. But, for me, it's a big deal. My truck isn't my first vehicle. But it is the first one I bought with my own money and it was one I wanted ever since I was a little kid. A Chevy Avalance. They're not everyone's favorite. But they're mine. It's been so much fun and so reliable. I've taken it all over the South and the East coast. It's been on so many adventures with me it's almost like a companion. But the problems keep piling up. The suspension is rough, the power steering is leaking, the engine keeps misfiring, the blower motor is out, I just had to replace the alternator, and the motor for the sun roof is busted. I've done everything I know to do and now I'm gonna have to take it to a professional mechanic to assess the damage and give me a rough idea of how much it'll cost to fix. If it's too much, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new vehicle. If that's the case, I'm going to be pretty bummed out.
Man I always loved the Avalanche. Underrated vehicle in my opinion. Honestly it’s pretty normal to get attached to a vehicle that’s always been there for you or has good memories attached to it. I’ve owned a 97 Tahoe for around 13 years that I bought with my own money, and while it’s far from the most glamorous thing in the world, it’s always been a great truck that’s gotten me where I needed to go. I know I’d be pretty sad if I ever had to get rid of it. Hopefully your baby ain’t too banged up where it can’t be salvaged. Best of luck dude.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:06 pm Well, fellas. This one might seem trivial. But, for me, it's a big deal. My truck isn't my first vehicle. But it is the first one I bought with my own money and it was one I wanted ever since I was a little kid. A Chevy Avalance. They're not everyone's favorite. But they're mine. It's been so much fun and so reliable. I've taken it all over the South and the East coast. It's been on so many adventures with me it's almost like a companion. But the problems keep piling up. The suspension is rough, the power steering is leaking, the engine keeps misfiring, the blower motor is out, I just had to replace the alternator, and the motor for the sun roof is busted. I've done everything I know to do and now I'm gonna have to take it to a professional mechanic to assess the damage and give me a rough idea of how much it'll cost to fix. If it's too much, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new vehicle. If that's the case, I'm going to be pretty bummed out.
These days it might be cheaper to get it fixed than to buy a new vehicle.
Can I ask what you’d be looking at to replace it?
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

G.H.B wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:50 pm Man I always loved the Avalanche. Underrated vehicle in my opinion. Honestly it’s pretty normal to get attached to a vehicle that’s always been there for you or has good memories attached to it. I’ve owned a 97 Tahoe for around 13 years that I bought with my own money, and while it’s far from the most glamorous thing in the world, it’s always been a great truck that’s gotten me where I needed to go. I know I’d be pretty sad if I ever had to get rid of it. Hopefully your baby ain’t too banged up where it can’t be salvaged. Best of luck dude.
Thanks, GHB. I appreciate it. Unfortunately I did have to break down and buy a "new" vehicle. But the good news is, it's another Avalanche. A newer one and in better shape with more bells and whistles. So it's not all bad. I'm keeping my old one for now. This at least takes the anxiety around getting it fixed quickly away. So I can take my time getting any repairs done and either treat it as a beater or give it to my folks. They always liked it too. And I know they would appreciate it. It's a bittersweet outcome. But at least it's not all bitter.
ScootaVaran wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:06 pm These days it might be cheaper to get it fixed than to buy a new vehicle.
Can I ask what you’d be looking at to replace it?
Around these parts mechanics stay fairly busy because of all the farm vehicles, vehicles banged up from mudding, etc. Especially this time of year. So short of fixing something yourself, you end up waiting a long time and paying a pretty penny. I tend to buy used since I know what to look for and I can usually talk people down. In the long run, I came out on top buying another vehicle in this case. Mechanic quoted me three grand for all the repairs I needed and I wouldn't get it back until the tail end of February. I've got good credit and took out a personal loan for this "new" Avalanche with low monthly payments and 8% interest. I could have bought it outright, but that would have put a hurtin' on my savings. So I'm just going to spread that out a bit and pay it off early so the interest doesn't hit me too hard. Not ideal. But the best scenario for me currently.

Appreciate you both chiming in.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I got a new pair of glasses. Not a bad thing on its own, but I tried to wear the damn things on the ride home. My eyes aren't used to them yet, so it made me dizzy and nauseous as hell. I have so much crap to get done today and instead I'm in bed waiting for my head to stop spinning.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

I was gonna go bowling with my old friend (since Kindergarten) tonight but her job had her do overtime. I offered maybe we can do so tomorrow, but she has a date tomorrow which was just an extra twist of the knife. Like I didn't need any other reason to despise Valentine's Day....
Last edited by Gojira18 on Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

My mother has covid, so my family and I need to take extra care with keeping things clean and interacting with others.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

MC_Lovecraft
G-Force Personnel

Post by MC_Lovecraft »

Learning that Evil Genius Games, the folks who've released ttrpg versions for Pacific Rim and Kong: Skull Island, and just generally produced one of the best 5e hacks on the market, are apparently a type and example of shady business dealings and toxic work environment. The fact that they seem to be collapsing now is both just and immensely frustrating. You want the people who are producing something you love to both do well and do good, you know? :|

EarthbaragonOG
Samurai

Post by EarthbaragonOG »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:02 pm My mother has covid, so my family and I need to take extra care with keeping things clean and interacting with others.

Sorry to hear that. I remember in Thanksgiving of 2022 when my mom got it. And my dad and I got it within a day of it. So the entire house was sick. Everyone was confined to their corner of the house and the common room of the kitchen was decked out with hand sanitizers and disposable gloves whenever someone had to get some food or a drink. It was two weeks of hell for sure.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I just saw that Ken Satsuma died in December. I don't know how I missed the news but it's made me pretty sad today. There's been a lot of talk about the story continuity of the heisei films, but my favorite thing about them is the continuity (and nuance) of his Godzilla performance. I never got the chance to meet him or see him at a convention, and always held out hope that I would.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Tree fell over the driveway so I grabbed the chainsaw to go cut it up. Ran out of gas so I stopped, grabbed the gas can and put the saw on its side and touched the muffler. Burned my fingertip. Hurts like a bitch. Remember, boys. Just because a machine is turned off doesn't mean it can't hurt you. Don't be careless. I was careless today and now I'm soaking my finger in cool water and typing one-handed.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The next Jurassic going from I director I like to a director I despise. Didn't have the highest hopes either way but still.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Last night, my mom and sister had a huge fight that lasted, like, 10 minutes. Shit was loud and disturbing to hear. They've had fights before, but this one was the absolute worst. My sister decided to leave our home and we don't know when she's coming back.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Gojira18 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:09 pm I was gonna go bowling with my old friend (since Kindergarten) tonight but her job had her do overtime. I offered maybe we can do so tomorrow, but she has a date tomorrow which was just an extra twist of the knife. Like I didn't need any other reason to despise Valentine's Day....
Is this friend a chick that you like? Would you date her?

What ruined my day-
Had to go to work several hours early for meetings. I work third shift and being there two hours early has probably killed my sleeping schedule again.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Had a virtual job interview this morning. Interview went well overall, but I fucked up at the end when I think I addressed one of the interviewer’s by the wrong name :dizzy:

Speaking of Valentines Day, I’ve endured 26 of those without a date, so I feel you Gojira18 lol (I turned 26 in December, so I’ve been single every year for Valentines Day)
Last edited by Handsome Shrek on Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:01 pm Had a virtual job interview this morning. Interview went well overall, but I fucked up at the end when I think I addressed one of the interviewer’s by the wrong name :dizzy:
If the rest of the interview went well, and you just made a small mistake with someone you just met, I really don't think it's a big issue. Someone would have to be really petty, and be a bad recruiter, to take that into consideration unless you were on the edge.

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

I hope that's the case. It's been bugging me all day lol
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Someone please explain to me how I can get the best possible annual performance review at work and it only translates to a roughly 50 cent/hour raise on my salary. I mean, I'll take it. It's better than nothing. But I've received higher raises than that with worse reviews in the past. But evidently this is what finance thinks is what makes the most sense this year. Lmao, okay.

If I wasn't being lined up for another promotion, I'd already be looking for another job. That was just kind of insulting.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:26 am Someone please explain to me how I can get the best possible annual performance review at work and it only translates to a roughly 50 cent/hour raise on my salary. I mean, I'll take it. It's better than nothing. But I've received higher raises than that with worse reviews in the past. But evidently this is what finance thinks is what makes the most sense this year. Lmao, okay.

If I wasn't being lined up for another promotion, I'd already be looking for another job. That was just kind of insulting.
Because most employers never fail to take advantage of their hardest workers. A 50 cent hourly "raise" is a hollow gesture to keep you around without actually rewarding your efforts.

Quit. You're being jerked around. I don't know the circumstances of this promotion they say you're being lined up for, but I've heard that story before, and it often ends with the person still being "lined up" for the promotion two more years down the line. I've been that person.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy