What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:01 pm Talking about politics has ruined my day. Im very unsure of my own beliefs AND Im bad at debating because I get overwhelmed easily by lots of information and Im scatterbrained as hell. Ive had three big fights today across two discord groups and all of them left me feeling like poop and like I have successfully alienated all of my friends. I need to just cut politics out of my life, leave it to smarter people, but I just keep finding myself getting into these fights.
In the end, we all have our own views and opinions, whether they share the same, or differ in some way or another. Our lives and media shouldn't be politicised by anyone, nor should we used to push someone else's shallow agenda.
You're absolutely free to not be bogged down in politics and debates and all that.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Me and my dad have been tested positive for Covid. Not that I'm actually surprised since we've both been vaccinated and putting up with this shit for the past 2 years.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:22 pm Me and my dad have been tested positive for Covid. Not that I'm actually surprised since we've both been vaccinated and putting up with this shit for the past 2 years.
A common misunderstanding is that the vaccines don’t stop infection, but rather protect you from being harmed. For the vaccinated, it’s more of a burden and annoyance than an actual threat.

Heart goes out to you and your father.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Voyager wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:49 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:22 pm Me and my dad have been tested positive for Covid. Not that I'm actually surprised since we've both been vaccinated and putting up with this poop for the past 2 years.
A common misunderstanding is that the vaccines don’t stop infection, but rather protect you from being harmed. For the vaccinated, it’s more of a burden and annoyance than an actual threat.

Heart goes out to you and your father.
I appreciate your concern.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Very sick with Covid, and have been for the past week, through my birthday, and through college finals I cannot make up, rendering this semester a complete wash.

I’m so sick, and so bored, I’m on this forum for the first time in years. Bluh.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

My awesome collage mentorship trip to DC and New York we've been planning for years basically was scheduled for the same dates that I will be going up with the GF to Pennsylvania. Perhaps not "ruined" my day, but I'm very bummed out.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Vatarian wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:40 pm Very sick with Covid, and have been for the past week, through my birthday, and through college finals I cannot make up, rendering this semester a complete wash.

I hope you feel better soon.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Vatarian wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:40 pm Very sick with Covid, and have been for the past week, through my birthday, and through college finals I cannot make up, rendering this semester a complete wash.

Don’t worry man you can kick that virus ass

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Vatarian wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:40 pm and through college finals I cannot make up, rendering this semester a complete wash.
That is some Grade A bullshit. Really inexcusably evil on the school's part.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I have COVID.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:46 am I have COVID.
Crap man that really does suck hope you get better soon and Kick that virus ass

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

My wife has it for the second time after we both just had it in December. With you on the day ruining. Hope you feel better.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Maritonic wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:48 am
My wife has it for the second time after we both just had it in December. With you on the day ruining. Hope you feel better.
Damn
That really sucks that your wife’s has it, hope she gets better
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat May 14, 2022 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

A coworker of mine whom I am close with told me today her grandson passed away. He drowned, only 15 years old.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Had some f*cking woman with anger issues and very little patience angrily yell at me and my co-workers because we ran out of ranch and she "walked half of the restaurant" trying to look for the ranch. She said she didn't wanted the meal anymore because God forbid she eats her precious little pile of fries without any ranch. My lead said that she will get a refund, but the manager of our venue said they had more ranch upstairs and will it to her as quick as possible. So, she is waiting for the manager with the ranch, annoyed, and my lead asks if she wants to replace the meal that she ordered so that it won't be cold by the tie she finally gets her ranch. So, she got the replacement meal, the manager comes back with the ranch, but then she throws a fit again because her meal had coleslaw in it, which she requested to have none of the previous meal. They made her another one with no coleslaw and she finally went away. After she left, her sister or cousin or whatever came up to us and apologized for her bad behavior, saying that she refused to apologize, so she decided to do that instead. Bless her. I guess this was not the first time she threw an angry fit on employees of a restaurant and her family knows it. My shift was going pretty smoothly today and that bitch had to ruin that for me and a few of my co-workers over petty issues.
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:32 am A coworker of mine whom I am close with told me today her grandson passed away. He drowned, only 15 years old.
Goddamn, that's just....horrible. I'm so sorry for her.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:57 pm Had some f*cking woman with anger issues and very little patience angrily yell at me and my co-workers because we ran out of ranch and she "walked half of the restaurant" trying to look for the ranch. She said she didn't wanted the meal anymore because God forbid she eats her precious little pile of fries without any ranch. My lead said that she will get a refund, but the manager of our venue said they had more ranch upstairs and will it to her as quick as possible. So, she is waiting for the manager with the ranch, annoyed, and my lead asks if she wants to replace the meal that she ordered so that it won't be cold by the tie she finally gets her ranch. So, she got the replacement meal, the manager comes back with the ranch, but then she throws a fit again because her meal had coleslaw in it, which she requested to have none of the previous meal. They made her another one with no coleslaw and she finally went away. After she left, her sister or cousin or whatever came up to us and apologized for her bad behavior, saying that she refused to apologize, so she decided to do that instead. Bless her. I guess this was not the first time she threw an angry fit on employees of a restaurant and her family knows it. My shift was going pretty smoothly today and that female dog had to ruin that for me and a few of my co-workers over petty issues.
Sounds like you had a "Karen" on your hands. It's crazy how some people want to start a war or big problem in their free time. Like, you're there to relax and have a nice time with your family. Was it worth getting outraged over ranch? Seems like many people you work with gave her many "off ramps", but she decided to choose hostility.

I used to work at a Pizza place, and I recall two absolute psychos who called ahead asking us how our "Calamari" was. We had calamari on the menu, and it was always fresh and pretty good, but it wasn't what we were known for. These two pieces of shit came in, ordered the calamari (not pizza), and then after taking one bite of the calamari, started endlessly complaining and causing a huge scene. Left a horrible review online and caused a big stink, just because they were calamari connoisseurs.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:04 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:57 pm Had some f*cking woman with anger issues and very little patience angrily yell at me and my co-workers because we ran out of ranch and she "walked half of the restaurant" trying to look for the ranch. She said she didn't wanted the meal anymore because God forbid she eats her precious little pile of fries without any ranch. My lead said that she will get a refund, but the manager of our venue said they had more ranch upstairs and will it to her as quick as possible. So, she is waiting for the manager with the ranch, annoyed, and my lead asks if she wants to replace the meal that she ordered so that it won't be cold by the tie she finally gets her ranch. So, she got the replacement meal, the manager comes back with the ranch, but then she throws a fit again because her meal had coleslaw in it, which she requested to have none of the previous meal. They made her another one with no coleslaw and she finally went away. After she left, her sister or cousin or whatever came up to us and apologized for her bad behavior, saying that she refused to apologize, so she decided to do that instead. Bless her. I guess this was not the first time she threw an angry fit on employees of a restaurant and her family knows it. My shift was going pretty smoothly today and that female dog had to ruin that for me and a few of my co-workers over petty issues.
Sounds like you had a "Karen" on your hands. It's crazy how some people want to start a war or big problem in their free time. Like, you're there to relax and have a nice time with your family. Was it worth getting outraged over ranch? Seems like many people you work with gave her many "off ramps", but she decided to choose hostility.

I used to work at a Pizza place, and I recall two absolute psychos who called ahead asking us how our "Calamari" was. We had calamari on the menu, and it was always fresh and pretty good, but it wasn't what we were known for. These two pieces of poop came in, ordered the calamari (not pizza), and then after taking one bite of the calamari, started endlessly complaining and causing a huge scene. Left a horrible review online and caused a big stink, just because they were calamari connoisseurs.
Wow, that must've been a nightmare to go through.

I had a lot of rude costumers during my time at work, but that ranch woman definitely took the diarrhea cake.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Really bad night. Woke up multiple times.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:57 pm Had some f*cking woman with anger issues and very little patience angrily yell at me and my co-workers because we ran out of ranch and she "walked half of the restaurant" trying to look for the ranch. She said she didn't wanted the meal anymore because God forbid she eats her precious little pile of fries without any ranch. My lead said that she will get a refund, but the manager of our venue said they had more ranch upstairs and will it to her as quick as possible. So, she is waiting for the manager with the ranch, annoyed, and my lead asks if she wants to replace the meal that she ordered so that it won't be cold by the tie she finally gets her ranch. So, she got the replacement meal, the manager comes back with the ranch, but then she throws a fit again because her meal had coleslaw in it, which she requested to have none of the previous meal. They made her another one with no coleslaw and she finally went away. After she left, her sister or cousin or whatever came up to us and apologized for her bad behavior, saying that she refused to apologize, so she decided to do that instead. Bless her. I guess this was not the first time she threw an angry fit on employees of a restaurant and her family knows it. My shift was going pretty smoothly today and that bitch had to ruin that for me and a few of my co-workers over petty issues.
I'm just impressed, and saddened, that you guys had to appeal to her tantrum.

The way I see it, people should treat customer service with some god damn decency, otherwise they shouldn't entitled to being provided with service. If an order's wrong, then that mistake can be brought up and corrected in a peaceful and adult manner.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Woke up from a fat nap to instantly hear about an ELEMENTARY school shooting, 14 dead.