What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by mikelcho »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:35 pm
G-Matt wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:35 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:26 pm My aunt was in a car-crash today and now she's gonna be sent to Medevac.
Sending prayers for you and your family.
Thankfully, they said her condition is stable.
Oh, I'm so glad of that! I hope she gets better.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

This is more like what ruined my week last week. So last Monday I was feeling really sick long story short is that I had a mild case of COVID, I took three tests, two came back positive and one I took didn't really do anything so I must have taken the test wrong. I called my doctor's office, and they told me that chances are it was COVID because the chances of getting two false negatives back-to-back is rare. So, I took a LOA (leave of absence) from work, however that's going to get denied I found out Friday because. I didn't actually go to the doctor's office so my doctor can't fill out the paperwork to say I had covid and the company that handles leaves can't accept it without her signing off.

However, I did talk to the management team yesterday when I went back to work, and it should be fine probably. Thankfully I had enough time to cover the days I missed so I won't be missing out on pay. I'm almost back to 100% now. Just mild congestion and the occasional cough and runny nose.
Last edited by gvamp on Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

OdroidFan
Young Farmer

Post by OdroidFan »

Sorry to hear that you have a Covid. Nasty thing. My son had a new virus variation this summer. But fortunately all things went well for him.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

My neighbors bought their bratty kids a stupid fucking goddamn football launcher toy that makes a loud popping noise every time it goes off. I'm sensitive to loud noises of this type and it's been going off for a straight hour now while I'm trying to work, startling me every damn time. I'm so on edge that I literally have a stomach ache. If they leave that fucking thing in their backyard overnight it's going to disappear...
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:34 pm My neighbors bought their bratty kids a stupid fucking goddamn football launcher toy that makes a loud popping noise every time it goes off. I'm sensitive to loud noises of this type and it's been going off for a straight hour now while I'm trying to work, startling me every damn time. I'm so on edge that I literally have a stomach ache. If they leave that fucking thing in their backyard overnight it's going to disappear...
I'm sensitive to loud noises too, that shit is the worst.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:34 pm My neighbors bought their bratty kids a stupid fucking goddamn football launcher toy that makes a loud popping noise every time it goes off. I'm sensitive to loud noises of this type and it's been going off for a straight hour now while I'm trying to work, startling me every damn time. I'm so on edge that I literally have a stomach ache. If they leave that fucking thing in their backyard overnight it's going to disappear...
You know what you gotta do
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Having fun watching a movie with someone <
They call me an offensive name someone else called me before, they know I don't like it<
I told them just yesterday to stop<
We fight, night ruined ASF<
Why do people get fun out of name calling? I never do it< :Destoroyah: :Destoroyah: :Destoroyah: :Destoroyah: :Destoroyah: :Destoroyah: :Destoroyah:

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Getting passed over for what would have been a great opportunity at work. It happens but, man... I really wanted that one.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Seeing AI-generated art used in advertising for G-Fest XXIX, only for criticism of it to be deleted on Facebook.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Loganrules115 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:28 am Seeing AI-generated art used in advertising for G-Fest XXIX, only for criticism of it to be deleted on Facebook.
Aw gross. They're really using AI? What an insult to actual artists. Where was this posted? I can't find it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The G-FEST Facebook page’s new avatar and banners. It’s especially insulting when they’ve gutted the artist alley entirely. Hoping some big artist names pull out of the convention over this.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:05 pm
Loganrules115 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:28 am Seeing AI-generated art used in advertising for G-Fest XXIX, only for criticism of it to be deleted on Facebook.
Aw gross. They're really using AI? What an insult to actual artists. Where was this posted? I can't find it.
Their Facebook banner has the image, but what I found especially insulting is that they denied using AI art in the comments (before deleting them). Taking a quick glance at it is enough to indicate that they aren't telling the truth.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Lees' motto seems to be "I don't care who I piss off as long as it isn't Toho."

EarthbaragonOG
Samurai

Post by EarthbaragonOG »

It might sound sort pathetic on my part, but what ruined my day (or at the least brought me some sadness), was learning that the Rodan's Roost (Kaijuphile), has officially gone offline recently :/ The news just brings a heavy heart to me. The site has gone. I had so many good memories there. Aside from Barry's Temple of Godzilla and the Tohokingdom, it was my introduction to the online Godzilla community. Talked with a lot of people. Learned a lot of stuff. Read and wrote some amazing stories. But Brandon has a family now and CL Werner writes professionally for Warhammer. I can certainly see how the guys have gone on to bigger and better things. But man, that stings to see it gone :( I feel old now. Just an elephant that is slowly wading towards his elephant graveyard lol!

Monster Zero Forums, Ballard's Tokyo Monsters, and now the Roost. That was a lot of late 90's and early 2000's online Godzilla sites with big communities gone now. The Kingdom is the last man standing honestly. :godzilla1962: :godzilla2021: :shingodzilla:

I know it's silly stuff. The website was not updated in almost a decade, but it was nice to go back and reminisce about stuff.
Last edited by EarthbaragonOG on Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Ahhh man, that one does hurt. Rodan's Roost was huge for me when I found it in the early 2000s. I had very limited access to actual kaiju movies at the time, so that site's very well done kaiju stats section was a fix for some kind of kaiju content and a very educational information source. It introduced me to the 'Showa, Heisei, and (maybe?) Millennium' era titles. Prior to that, I probably just referred to them as the 'old' or 'new' movies. It was also my introduction to some of the monsters I hadn't been aware of, like Orga or Daimajin. I spent a lot of hours reading and rereading those bios. Good times. I'll miss the Roost.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

EarthbaragonOG wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:48 am It might sound sort pathetic on my part, but what ruined my day (or at the least brought me some sadness), was learning that the Rodan's Roost (Kaijuphile), has officially gone offline recently :/ The news just brings a heavy heart to me. The site has gone. I had so many good memories there. Aside from Barry's Temple of Godzilla and the Tohokingdom, it was my introduction to the online Godzilla community. Talked with a lot of people. Learned a lot of stuff. Read and wrote some amazing stories. But Brandon has a family now and CL Werner writes professionally for Warhammer. I can certainly see how the guys have gone on to bigger and better things. But man, that stings to see it gone :( I feel old now. Just an elephant that is slowly wading towards his elephant graveyard lol!

Monster Zero Forums, Ballard's Tokyo Monsters, and now the Roost. That was a lot of late 90's and early 2000's online Godzilla sites with big communities gone now. The Kingdom is the last man standing honestly. :godzilla1962: :godzilla2021: :shingodzilla:

I know it's silly stuff. The website was not updated in almost a decade, but it was nice to go back and reminisce about stuff.
Barry's Temple of Godzilla was my go to place for Godzilla in the late 90s when my family got a computer. And then Monster Zero Forums was my main Godzilla place to chat with others for many many years. Fuck it's been so long. I miss those days. :cry:
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to eat raw brownie batter earlier. Tasted damn good though. Should've listened to the box lol
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:36 pm Maybe it wasn't a good idea to eat raw brownie batter earlier. Tasted damn good though. Should've listened to the box lol
Dang, what batter did you eat? When I bake cake or brownies with the family, its kind of tradition for me to just eat up whatever's left of the batter. Can't name a time that ever gave me stomach problems.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Zero One
Ronin

Post by Zero One »

So i go to this gym.However i had stoped going about a few months into it do to personal reasons i did not expect.Thus i have to cancel it. However a few months later it turns out they never did cancel it, and i have been charged $80 on my card. So now i have to call the company who owns the gym and wait another month to have it canceled. And i still have to pay for the month too! :evil:
That and the job i worked for shut down and every place i try to contact of a new job never gets back with me.

G.H.B
Interpol Agent

Post by G.H.B »

EarthbaragonOG wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:48 am It might sound sort pathetic on my part, but what ruined my day (or at the least brought me some sadness), was learning that the Rodan's Roost (Kaijuphile), has officially gone offline recently :/ The news just brings a heavy heart to me. The site has gone. I had so many good memories there. Aside from Barry's Temple of Godzilla and the Tohokingdom, it was my introduction to the online Godzilla community. Talked with a lot of people. Learned a lot of stuff. Read and wrote some amazing stories. But Brandon has a family now and CL Werner writes professionally for Warhammer. I can certainly see how the guys have gone on to bigger and better things. But man, that stings to see it gone :( I feel old now. Just an elephant that is slowly wading towards his elephant graveyard lol!

Nah it makes sense. Back when we first got dial up when I was a little boy Rodan’s Roost was one of the first forums I found. So much of the old internet is now nothing but dust, slowly being eaten away by corporations and social media, so I get the sense of melancholy.