What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Legion1979 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:31 am Vote blue no matter who my ass. This is what happens when we look at the system in the lens of "red is bad, blue is good". No. Fuck both parties. They dont give a shit about any of us. The Dems could have stopped this but they chose not to.
Doesn't seem like they really could have based on what I've read. The GOP just has too much power with this shit.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:49 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:31 am Vote blue no matter who my ass. This is what happens when we look at the system in the lens of "red is bad, blue is good". No. skreeonk both parties. They dont give a poop about any of us. The Dems could have stopped this but they chose not to.
Doesn't seem like they really could have based on what I've read. The GOP just has too much power with this poop.
They couldn't, the Superme court got stacked by Trump a Republican.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

They absolutely could have codified it when Obama had a majority, which he promised he would do but then just didnt. They could have had RGB retire during Obama's term, like they asked her to, instead of dying during Trumps. So many opportunities. The Dem party just doesn't care. It was all a ploy to get votes. We need a new leftist party. Not liberal, LEFT.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:52 pm They absolutely could have codified it when Obama had a majority, which he promised he would do but then just didnt. They could have had RGB retire during Obama's term, like they asked her to, instead of dying during Trumps. So many opportunities. The Dem party just doesn't care. It was all a ploy to get votes. We need a new leftist party. Not liberal, LEFT.
Obama only has a majority during his first term, and you can't force someone to retire nor do you know when they will die. The Republican party did this not the democrats.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:31 am Vote blue no matter who my ass. This is what happens when we look at the system in the lens of "red is bad, blue is good". No. Fuck both parties. They dont give a shit about any of us. The Dems could have stopped this but they chose not to.
Here is the reality of this present situation, summed up in one equation:

The Republican party winning control of the US Senate in the 2014 election
+
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump winning the 2016 election
=
Roe v. Wade getting overturned by the US Supreme Court in 2022

Americans who want abortion to be outlawed have always understood why that equation is so, and they have always voted for Republicans accordingly.

Conversely, many (perhaps most) of the Americans who don’t want abortion to be outlawed do not understand why that equation would lead to this outcome, and those people haven’t always voted for Democrats or even voted at all.

That is why Roe v. Wade has been overturned today. The people who wanted it to be overturned really wanted it more, because what Americans want is reflected solely by how Americans vote. How much complaining people do online, how much protesting people do in the streets, none of that has any effect on actual policy if it doesn’t threaten the re-election prospects of elected officials.

It’s not just a matter of voting for president once every four years. It’s a matter of voting for state offices, which are just as important as federal offices. In the states that have or will soon have laws against abortion, those bills are passed by state legislators and signed into law by state governors. Those people are elected to office by the voters of the states.

It’s also a matter of participating in primaries and caucuses, to vote for who will even be on the ballot in the elections. Regular elections occur every two years in the United States. Representatives in the US House are elected to two-year terms without term limits, so they’re perpetually running for re-election but they’re only beholden to the whims of their party’s primary voters in their congressional districts. Senators are elected to six-year terms without term limits and they’re beholden to the whims of their party’s primary voters across their entire states.

Nominees for openings on the US Supreme Court are appointed by the sitting US president. Before they can become Supreme Court justices, they must be confirmed by a majority of the Senate’s 100 senators, with the vice president serving as a potential tiebreaking vote. However, the leader of the majority party in the Senate has no legal or constitutional obligation to actually hold a vote on the president’s Supreme Court nominee in the Senate at all, and can instead choose to block the nomination from proceeding indefinitely. That was exactly what happened six years ago, back in 2016, when the Supreme Court was composed of 5 justices appointed by Republican presidents and 4 justices appointed by Democrat presidents. After conservative Justice Antonin Scalia died in February 2016, the Court’s composition was suddenly 4-4. However, the Republican party had won majority control of the Senate in the 2014 election, and Senator Mitch McConnell was the Senate Majority Leader at that time, and he preemptively declared that the Senate would not hold a vote on any nominee appointed to that Court seat by then-President Barack Obama, insisting that the justice to fill that vacancy should be appointed by the winner of the months-away 2016 presidential election.

That happened in 2016 because of how the 2014 election turned out, and then Donald Trump won the presidency in the 2016 election. Justice Neil Gorsuch became the first Trump appointee confirmed to that long-vacant seat by the majority-Republican Senate in 2017, returning the Court to a 5-4 conservative majority. Justice Brett Kavanaugh was then confirmed in 2018 to replace retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy, a conservative appointed by former President Ronald Reagan who had nonetheless voted to uphold Roe v. Wade back in 1992 in the case of Planned Parenthood v. Casey.

Although Democrats won control of the House in the 2018 election, Republicans retained control of the Senate. It was the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in September 2020 that finally allowed Trump and Senate Republicans to create the court’s current 6-3 conservative majority, by completing the confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett just one week before the 2020 election. That happened in 2020 because of how the 2016 and 2018 elections turned out.

President Joe Biden will still be the president at least until January 20, 2025. If the Republican party wins back majority control of the Senate in the upcoming November election, they will control the Senate through at least the rest of President Biden’s term, and they absolutely will refuse to hold a vote on anyone he nominates for any potential Supreme Court vacancy during the remaining years of his presidency. That’s how the outcome of the upcoming November election will have ramifications on the country for years to come, just like the elections in 2020, 2018, 2016, 2014 and every election before.

The people who want abortion to be outlawed have always understood all of that, while the people who don’t want abortion to be outlawed typically haven’t. Freedoms aren’t guaranteed to last, not even in the United States of America. Freedoms can be taken away through civic engagement just as surely as they can be protected. The people who want abortion to be outlawed have never wavered from voting for Republicans, while many people who don’t want abortion to be outlawed have instead found reasons to avoid voting altogether. Roe v. Wade has been overturned today thanks to everyone who has voted for Republicans and thanks to everyone else who hasn’t voted for Democrats.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:02 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:52 pm They absolutely could have codified it when Obama had a majority, which he promised he would do but then just didnt. They could have had RGB retire during Obama's term, like they asked her to, instead of dying during Trumps. So many opportunities. The Dem party just doesn't care. It was all a ploy to get votes. We need a new leftist party. Not liberal, LEFT.
Obama only has a majority during his first term, and you can't force someone to retire nor do you know when they will die. The Republican party did this not the democrats.
Obama had a super majority. And he PROMISED to codify Roe while campaigning. Only to later say "its not my priority anymore".
No, you cannot force someone to retire. Doesnt mean she shouldn't have. She was advised to but chose not to. It is ABSOLUTELY both parties fault.

Added in 2 minutes 55 seconds:
Republicans play dirty and the Dems should do the same to counter them, but they wont. They are spineless corporate shills and wont do shit.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:24 am
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:02 pm
Obama had a super majority. And he PROMISED to codify Roe while campaigning. Only to later say "its not my priority anymore".
No, you cannot force someone to retire. Doesnt mean she shouldn't have. She was advised to but chose not to. It is ABSOLUTELY both parties fault.

Added in 2 minutes 55 seconds:
Republicans play dirty and the Dems should do the same to counter them, but they wont. They are spineless corporate shills and wont do poop.
Once again that is not what happened.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffpo ... 929869/amp

The country the fucked up and in a recession in 2009 that Obama was fixing and before Trump you could actually trust the GOP.

Trump got in, assigned 3 Justices(more than any President in years) and all 3 lied about Roe. How can you stop somone who is lying to you under oath?

The thought process you currently have is why Republicans win, they have convinced you that dems are the problem with Rke being overturned and thus it makes it easier for them to win.

It's the sane problem with people saying get rid of the filibuster now. Well ok but what happeness with the GOP gets the majority back again.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Only the left can cry about not being allowed to murder the unborn. I will always vote Republican. They vote in the interest of my people and culture as well.
Last edited by Extreme Warhawk on Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Extreme Warhawk wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 pm Image
Only the left can cry about not being allowed to murder the unborn. I will always vote Republican. They vote in the interest of my people and culture as well.
There are people on both sides that think overturning Roe V Wade is awful.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:16 pm
Extreme Warhawk wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 pm Image
There are people on both sides that think overturning Roe V Wade is awful.
He doesn't understand how many women are going to die horrifically from this.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

This is a sad day, I must admit. But it is my moral obligation to never condone ending the life of another human being, My heart goes out to the grieving, but I cannot in good faith agree with abortion.

I understand that many women across the USA will suffer, and that is deeply saddening. But I value life over everything else. But we’re not just “life”, we’re made in the image of Him, and that’s what makes us special. It would be a great wrong to deny the chance of a foetus to live life, have all the good experiences we humans have everyday, and to know Christ the Lord.

Just my two cents.
Last edited by Voyager on Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

This whole thing is just a bunch of rich old people desperately trying to take this country back a good 50 years or more in the name of religion, no matter how much it fucks over women. They're coming for interracial marriage, LGBTQ rights and contraceptives next so everyone except rich white males are pretty fucked. Anyone who supports any of this is an asshole. I say this with no fear of being punished by mods.

It's also sick that the same people who value life sooo much by outlawing abortion are also the same sick bastards who do NOTHING about children being slaughtered in school. Gross, gross, gross. Fuck anyone who supports this inhuman shit.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:25 pmThey're coming for interracial marriage, LGBTQ rights and contraceptives
This is what truly sickens me. LGBTQ rights are human rights. Interracial marriage is marriage. Contraceptives harm NO ONE. There is no justification to ban any of these. Oh, they may use the Bible as justification but there is NOTHING that Jesus says that are against these. Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus or God denounce homosexuality (as much as the deep reds would like you to think), interracial marriage, or contraceptives.

None of these things harm ANYONE. This sickens me.
For Emperor and Empire!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:31 pm Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus or God denounce homosexuality (as much as the deep reds would like you to think), interracial marriage, or contraceptives.
Or abortion.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Leviticus 18:22 proves you wrong unfortunately.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Terasawa wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:34 pm
Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:31 pm Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus or God denounce homosexuality (as much as the deep reds would like you to think), interracial marriage, or contraceptives.
Or abortion.
That’s up for debate, as the Bible does say that children are a blessing and it is heavily implied God knows the pre-born child "You knit me in my mother's womb … nor was my frame unknown to you when I was made in secret".

Regardless, even though I cannot agree with abortion, I mourn and grieve for everyone this hurts, and will ever hurt in the future.

Added in 5 minutes 42 seconds:
Extreme Warhawk wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:35 pm Leviticus 18:22 proves you wrong unfortunately.
Well, it is actually believed that Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 actually prohibit incestuous homosexual affairs.
For Emperor and Empire!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

How can a work a fiction (because let's stop being stupid, that's what the Bible is) denounce something that didn't even exist when it was written?
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:45 pm
Terasawa wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:34 pm
Or abortion.
That’s up for debate, as the Bible does say that children are a blessing and it is heavily implied God knows the pre-born child "You knit me in my mother's womb … nor was my frame unknown to you when I was made in secret".
Numbers 5:11-31 is a set of instructions on how a priest should perform an abortion on a woman who has conceived in infidelity.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Extreme Warhawk wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 pm Only the left can cry about not being allowed to murder the unborn. I will always vote Republican. They vote in the interest of my people and culture as well.
"Liberal tears" "only the left" first of all Liberals are not the left. Second of all its not murder, and if you were truly pro life you'd take issue from all of the women who will die from this.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:46 pm a work a fuction (because let's stop being stupid, that's what the Bible is)
Yeah… let’s not go there unless you can solidly disprove the existence of God (which, you kinda can’t).
For Emperor and Empire!