What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Dyrakro »

EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:40 pm Im sorry bro that must suck
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:27 pm Two years is a long time, that sucks. I'm sure you guys will get another chance to reunite, and even if it's not as perfect as getting to see your old favorite band together you'll still make the most of it then.
Thanks guys, appreciate it a lot, made lot of videos to share with him yesterday :)

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

This is my third day in a row without eating anything substantial. Its completely my fault. I want to blame my parents for not waking me up at dinner time, for not restocking the fridge, for eating the hot pockets I bought earlier in the week. But ultimately it comes down to me. I do this to myself because whenever I get money I just CAN'T seem to save it, no matter how hard I try. That money is always gone, instantly, and it is never used for food. I keep saying my spending is going to get better but it seems like it wont.

On top of it all, I don't have the energy to do anything anymore. I feel incredibly exhausted every waking hour of the day. I usually sleep through most of the day, but that doesnt help, it makes me more tired. I want to have fun with friends but I don't, because Im asleep. I want to work on my passions, but I dont, because Im too exhausted.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:38 am This is my third day in a row without eating anything substantial. Its completely my fault. I want to blame my parents for not waking me up at dinner time, for not restocking the fridge, for eating the hot pockets I bought earlier in the week. But ultimately it comes down to me. I do this to myself because whenever I get money I just CAN'T seem to save it, no matter how hard I try. That money is always gone, instantly, and it is never used for food. I keep saying my spending is going to get better but it seems like it wont.

On top of it all, I don't have the energy to do anything anymore. I feel incredibly exhausted every waking hour of the day. I usually sleep through most of the day, but that doesnt help, it makes me more tired. I want to have fun with friends but I don't, because Im asleep. I want to work on my passions, but I dont, because Im too exhausted.
Um... well, that second part about the energy is probably due to lack of food. Sleeping during the day is a problem, too. I've worked night shift for five years, so I know: your body isn't supposed to do that. It's not natural. You can get semi-accustomed to it and function, but you'll never be at your best. Any time I do get a chance to sleep at night, it feels noticably more restful.

High sugar consumption is a possible issue, too. I cut out soda for a while a few years back, and I felt way fucking better and more energetic.

Regarding saving the money, you're realistically just going to have to can the kaiju toys. Those things are a plague now, and getting worse all the time. Too damn many of them, they cost way too much, and they're too inaccessible, forcing you to preorder or spend the money when you'd rather not. I jumped ship and I miss them, but I prefer having money for other things.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:24 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:38 am On top of it all, I don't have the energy to do anything anymore. I feel incredibly exhausted every waking hour of the day. I usually sleep through most of the day, but that doesnt help, it makes me more tired. I want to have fun with friends but I don't, because Im asleep. I want to work on my passions, but I dont, because Im too exhausted.
Um... well, that second part about the energy is probably due to lack of food. Sleeping during the day is a problem, too.
You may also be experiencing depression. It’s not something people like to talk about, and friends and family don’t like to bring it up, but talking to a professional might help you. Too often people suffer in silence for years before getting help but once they do they regret all the time they wasted trying to handle it by themselves.

Don’t be afraid to ask for help.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Since the start of the year, I've had a assholes, mainly in New York and San Francisco, getting access to my debit card. I assume that they are hackers and they only done it a couple of times since the start of the year, but it was enough for me to notice and get frustrated. So, I locked my debit card. It worked....for a month. Since last Sunday, I've had three transactions involving my debit card despite the card being locked. I talked to the bank and are looking into all three transactions. They also said my debit card is most likely compromised and that I should get a new debit card. So, I'm getting a new debit card so that I wouldn't deal with this shit anymore, at least for the time being. The fact that hackers got access to my debit card is bad. The fact that they went above and beyond to go around the lock just shows how desperate they into using my money. People like these remind me of whoever it was that stole my bike while I was at work in 2021, and the guy who stole my other bike while I was at In N Out Burger just over a month later. This world is filled with horrible people that want to steal from us, kill us and make our lives worse than it already is. I wish them terrible fates.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:35 pm Since the start of the year, I've had a assholes, mainly in New York and San Francisco, getting access to my debit card. I assume that they are hackers and they only done it a couple of times since the start of the year, but it was enough for me to notice and get frustrated. So, I locked my debit card. It worked....for a month. Since last Sunday, I've had three transactions involving my debit card despite the card being locked. I talked to the bank and are looking into all three transactions. They also said my debit card is most likely compromised and that I should get a new debit card. So, I'm getting a new debit card so that I wouldn't deal with this shit anymore, at least for the time being. The fact that hackers got access to my debit card is bad. The fact that they went above and beyond to go around the lock just shows how desperate they into using my money. People like these remind me of whoever it was that stole my bike while I was at work in 2021, and the guy who stole my other bike while I was at In N Out Burger just over a month later. This world is filled with horrible people that want to steal from us, kill us and make our lives worse than it already is. I wish them terrible fates.
A) If the issues with the bank persist, even after getting a new debit card, it's time to get a new bank. It seems weird, and maybe something bad is going on there end if they can't keep your card secure after so many repeated attempts.

B) Fuck bike thieves. I've had bikes stolen and I know how it feels very deeply personal.

Anyways, what is ruining my day is all this pollen. I've never had Hay Fever before, but this year the pollen is really bad and I've been misreable for the past three days. Massive headaches, itchy throat, runny nose, and bad congestion that has made it difficult to sleep and concentrate on things I need to do. At first I thought I had Covid-19 or something else again, but no actual fever or anything else wrong. It's making my life hell, and I regret never thinking this was a serious issue before. I'm going to get some allergy meds later to relieve my suffering.

Aller-Ghidorah is now my most hated monster:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Are you sure it's hay fever, or could it be drifting CRUD from CHINA?

More Aller-Ghidorah

Last edited by Jomei on Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jomei wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:21 pm Are you sure it's hay fever, or could it be drifting CRUD from CHINA?
You know what, it might actually be, or at least a mixture of both. Doing some research we were hit by a wave of it a few days ago.

I can't find records of the past few days, but there's an ominous cloud coming soon!
https://www.data.jma.go.jp/gmd/env/kosa/fcst/en/

For those curious, it's a "weather" phenomna that happens in Asia, and (mostly) originates from China.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Dust
https://www.reuters.com/article/environ ... 4120080303

Alleghidorah is cool. People are confused by the name, as it doesn't look like a traditional Ghidorah, but people on the wikizilla comments seem to miss that it's a really great pun. Now we just need a yellow dust monster.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:42 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:35 pm Since the start of the year, I've had a assholes, mainly in New York and San Francisco, getting access to my debit card. I assume that they are hackers and they only done it a couple of times since the start of the year, but it was enough for me to notice and get frustrated. So, I locked my debit card. It worked....for a month. Since last Sunday, I've had three transactions involving my debit card despite the card being locked. I talked to the bank and are looking into all three transactions. They also said my debit card is most likely compromised and that I should get a new debit card. So, I'm getting a new debit card so that I wouldn't deal with this shit anymore, at least for the time being. The fact that hackers got access to my debit card is bad. The fact that they went above and beyond to go around the lock just shows how desperate they into using my money. People like these remind me of whoever it was that stole my bike while I was at work in 2021, and the guy who stole my other bike while I was at In N Out Burger just over a month later. This world is filled with horrible people that want to steal from us, kill us and make our lives worse than it already is. I wish them terrible fates.
A) If the issues with the bank persist, even after getting a new debit card, it's time to get a new bank. It seems weird, and maybe something bad is going on there end if they can't keep your card secure after so many repeated attempts.

B) Fuck bike thieves. I've had bikes stolen and I know how it feels very deeply personal.
Yeah, I remember posting comments on this thread in 2021 after my bikes were stolen. You replied to the second one with "death to bike thieves". I still remember that comment because you understood my anger and I understood yours.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, pollen allergies suck. I recommend Allegra or a knockoff equivalent. It more or less gets the job done.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:24 am Regarding saving the money, you're realistically just going to have to can the kaiju toys. Those things are a plague now, and getting worse all the time. Too damn many of them, they cost way too much, and they're too inaccessible, forcing you to preorder or spend the money when you'd rather not. I jumped ship and I miss them, but I prefer having money for other things.
Part of the problem is that I cant STAND having empty spots on my shelf. I cannot quit until those spots are filled, but I can be more careful. I am slowing myself down quite a bit, limiting my weekly figure budget. Thats the first step. Im excited to be finished collecting. Its still fulfilling, but I want to move on at some point. Focus on other things. Soon. By the end of the year, for sure. Maybe sooner.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:59 pm
JAGzilla wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:24 am Regarding saving the money, you're realistically just going to have to can the kaiju toys. Those things are a plague now, and getting worse all the time. Too damn many of them, they cost way too much, and they're too inaccessible, forcing you to preorder or spend the money when you'd rather not. I jumped ship and I miss them, but I prefer having money for other things.
Part of the problem is that I cant STAND having empty spots on my shelf. I cannot quit until those spots are filled, but I can be more careful. I am slowing myself down quite a bit, limiting my weekly figure budget. Thats the first step. Im excited to be finished collecting. Its still fulfilling, but I want to move on at some point. Focus on other things. Soon. By the end of the year, for sure. Maybe sooner.
Then you fill out a shelf, and then you buy another shelf, and then the cycle continues.

Honestly, I love collecting, but I sort of know in the back of my mind that a lot of this is temporary. Soon I’m going to get less and less. But the issue, is that collecting is one of my few hobbies. I’m due for a big change in my life.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Well, turns out I have MRSA, and the medical help I've gotten for it is lackluster. I didn't know what MRSA was, when the urgent care called with the results and I asked if it was contagious they were like "no not really"
So now I'm terrified I'm gonna give it to my gf or dad or something.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:49 am Well, turns out I have MRSA, and the medical help I've gotten for it is lackluster. I didn't know what MRSA was, when the urgent care called with the results and I asked if it was contagious they were like "no not really"
So now I'm terrified I'm gonna give it to my gf or dad or something.
... They told you MRSA wasn't contagious? Holy fuck, I hope whomever told you that gets fired.

Yes it's contagious, primarily through skin-to-skin contact.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

NSZ wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:33 pm ... They told you MRSA wasn't contagious? Holy fuck, I hope whomever told you that gets fired.

Yes it's contagious, primarily through skin-to-skin contact.
Bruh don't even get me started. When I first went they said it was likely bacterial, and when I asked if skin-to-skin contact was a problem they told me "not to worry about it"
Then I get the call saying it's MRSA (after insisting on a culture which they were trying to talk me out of) and when I asked if I should worry about it being contagious I get "no, not really."
So I go back and told them that the person who called me told me it wasn't contagious and the same doctor who saw me the first time has ZERO reaction. To the rep or to her initial blase attitude. It was like dealing with a fast food employee rather than someone who's got people's health in their hands. The whole time I was there for my follow up visit they were clearly just waiting for me to leave lmao
Medical professionals in my area are straight up jokes. I could go on about bad experiences I've had with medical professionals, and how hard it is for me to trust them. I've never had a bacterial infection, I didn't know what MRSA was before I got that call either. And this urgent care just doesn't care to actually help, I'm just another schmuck to get shoved along the assembly line.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:38 am This is my third day in a row without eating anything substantial. Its completely my fault. I want to blame my parents for not waking me up at dinner time, for not restocking the fridge, for eating the hot pockets I bought earlier in the week. But ultimately it comes down to me. I do this to myself because whenever I get money I just CAN'T seem to save it, no matter how hard I try. That money is always gone, instantly, and it is never used for food. I keep saying my spending is going to get better but it seems like it wont.

Literally me these days, 100% you’re not alone in this mindset lol. This is actually the first day in months that I’ve woken up at 8am.

Added in 3 minutes 43 seconds:
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:59 pm
Also me 100%. Empty spots on shelves are the bane of my existence because I see my walls like extensions of my mind. Problem is I’m collecting so many different lines and hobbies in intervals, so like if I’m in a marvel state of mind I’m collecting that for a good month, then I see some DC stuff I absolutely need then I’m collecting that for a month, and that leads me to the sci fi stuff like AVP and Star Wars, then that leads me back over to the Godzilla stuff, so on and so forth, plus video games, guitar stuff, etc, rinse, repeat.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Wasting four or five hours helping my brother research Mary Anning for a Womens' History Month school project, typing up several paragraphs worth of information, wasting ink and paper printing out about twenty pictures, being all happy because we had a fun subject that was easy to work with... only for the fucking useless, lazy-ass teacher to really belatedly give the class their rubric and find out it's specifically about American women, meaning British Mary Anning isn't applicable...

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

My dad has been watching the HBO The Last of Us adaptation and just got spoiled on the biggest scene in The Last of Us II. I'm really bummed about it. That scene is so important and I wanted to see his genuine reaction when it got adapted to the screen.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:08 pm My dad has been watching the HBO The Last of Us adaptation and just got spoiled on the biggest scene in The Last of Us II. I'm really bummed about it. That scene is so important and I wanted to see his genuine reaction when it got adapted to the screen.
That sucks, man. I'm also watching with my Dad and curious to see how he reacts. He loved the first season.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I guess more "what ruined my year/past few months", but times have been quite tough on my family since last Summer or so.

I guess things technically started in late-April, when my grandmother suffered a massive heart attack. She managed to recover, but the whole thing took a serious toll on her already-declining health.

Fast-forward to mid-July (where my mom also lost her job, though she fortunately found another soon enough), and my uncle (her son) basically commits suicide via sustaining a urinary tract infection and refusing to seek help for it. He wasn't a bad person, but someone who messed up at life in just about every way imaginable (hence why he was living with her). Still, the whole situation was a complete clusterfuck, resulting in grandma's mental health going down a serious downwards spiral. We moved her into an assisted living facility, where she's managed to recover remarkably (both mentally and physically). My sister and her boyfriend took the house that was theirs.

Around September, I find a girl I thought shared feelings for me (after us getting together numerous times over the school semester and summer) has been going out with another dude for a couple of weeks. I guess I use that as a "wakeup call" to tell her how I feel, and she more or less friendzones me, while insisting there's nothing going on with the other guy. We promise to still be friends, albeit we sort of stop talking. I'll fully admit that I should have tried harder to remain friends with her, but that results in a heated, moronic text message exchange on Thanksgiving that has her completely breaking all contact. And come December, I find she's made it official with that idiot she claimed was "just a friend". On the plus side, they've apparently already broken up.

So 2022 was a pretty shitty year, and I was certainly hoping 2023 would be better. Well, on January 1, my dad decides to go to a minute clinic after feeling crappy for a few days (he had to sit out New Years', which sucked), and it turns out, he has Stage 4 Colon Cancer. Being that late into it, there wasn't a whole lot he could do. With much contemplating, he mostly decided to just let it take its toll, not wanting to burden us like my uncle (his brother) did with his nonsense.

About a month ago, my dad passed away. I'm certainly glad his death was fast and painless. We're still in a state of half-disbelief over the whole thing given how fast it happened. But at the same time, given all of the crap that occurred last year, it's almost like we were prepared for this.

We're pretty worried about grandma, given she lost her only two sons barely 6-months apart from each other. But I mean, if she passes this year, it's not like we won't know how to handle it.

I'm not much of a believer in fate...but I feel all of this misfortune that's struck us HAS to mean something. And surely with all we've been through, there's gotta be a silver lining to it all somewhere (we did get a pretty nice life insurance check out of this whole thing with my dad...).

Jiro Dan's passing likely hit extra hard coming after all of this crap, too. A true childhood (or teenhood, anyways) hero now gone.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....