What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by JAGzilla »

Shitloads of fireworks a day early. I'm trying to sleep, damnit.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Today has been awful. Besides the fact that Teruyoshi Nakano's death isn't getting the coverage it should (or rather, his life and career in light of his death) I've had to cancel my G-fest plans because of serious financial trouble. It's not just me either, almost everyone I know, no matter their walk of life seems to be suddenly finding themselves close to being on the streets. Shit feels like a powderkeg lately.
I just need a fucking break, man.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 pm Today has been awful. Besides the fact that Teruyoshi Nakano's death isn't getting the coverage it should (or rather, his life and career in light of his death) I've had to cancel my G-fest plans because of serious financial trouble. It's not just me either, almost everyone I know, no matter their walk of life seems to be suddenly finding themselves close to being on the streets. poop feels like a powderkeg lately.
I just need a skreeonking break, man.
Oof, I didn't know about Teruyoshi Nakano's death. And, even more regrettably I wasn't even really aware of him or his impact.
Anyways, looking over his credits, he's a large part of everything I love in the late Showa-early Heisei era. Godzilla (1984), Deathquake, Prophecies of Nostradamus, Submersion of Japan, are all fantastic. Looks like he's the director of special effects for a lot of the late Showa entries, and despite some usage of stock footage, I'd say for the most part, the original sequences are done well (Megalon destroying the dam, Gigan's attack on Tokyo, etc...). Maybe I'll make a thread about it.

In regards to your personal troubles, I can't really say much other than I hope that you have something to lean on if something goes really bad. It's a sad reality that so many people are going through the exact same thing. I'd say keep up optimism, but it's getting harder and harder to say such a thing in good faith.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

nvm this post
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:42 pm
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 pm Today has been awful. Besides the fact that Teruyoshi Nakano's death isn't getting the coverage it should (or rather, his life and career in light of his death) I've had to cancel my G-fest plans because of serious financial trouble. It's not just me either, almost everyone I know, no matter their walk of life seems to be suddenly finding themselves close to being on the streets. poop feels like a powderkeg lately.
I just need a skreeonking break, man.
Oof, I didn't know about Teruyoshi Nakano's death. And, even more regrettably I wasn't even really aware of him or his impact.
Anyways, looking over his credits, he's a large part of everything I love in the late Showa-early Heisei era. Godzilla (1984), Deathquake, Prophecies of Nostradamus, Submersion of Japan, are all fantastic. Looks like he's the director of special effects for a lot of the late Showa entries, and despite some usage of stock footage, I'd say for the most part, the original sequences are done well (Megalon destroying the dam, Gigan's attack on Tokyo, etc...). Maybe I'll make a thread about it.

In regards to your personal troubles, I can't really say much other than I hope that you have something to lean on if something goes really bad. It's a sad reality that so many people are going through the exact same thing. I'd say keep up optimism, but it's getting harder and harder to say such a thing in good faith.
^Had his team not endured the budget cuts of the early 70's, Nakano would've been considered Tsuburaya's equal.

Added in 2 hours 30 minutes 30 seconds:
ATM and Debit machines stopped working across all of Canada.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

My 72 year old mother decided that right after giving blood, on a sweltering hot day, she'd swing by Animal Aid to do some volunteer work. She passed out for about 30 seconds. Paramedics came, checked her vitals, drew some blood, concluded that everything is basically okay, but... she really needs to slow the fuck down and accept that she's 72 years old.

Really a lot to take considering this happened on what would have been my dad's birthday.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Yikes. Be strong, my friend.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

eabaker wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:37 pm My 72 year old mother decided that right after giving blood, on a sweltering hot day, she'd swing by Animal Aid to do some volunteer work. She passed out for about 30 seconds. Paramedics came, checked her vitals, drew some blood, concluded that everything is basically okay, but... she really needs to slow the skreeonk down and accept that she's 72 years old.
I think in general doing something too soon after giving blood sounds dangerous. Hope your mother's doing better!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:04 pm
eabaker wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:37 pm My 72 year old mother decided that right after giving blood, on a sweltering hot day, she'd swing by Animal Aid to do some volunteer work. She passed out for about 30 seconds. Paramedics came, checked her vitals, drew some blood, concluded that everything is basically okay, but... she really needs to slow the skreeonk down and accept that she's 72 years old.
I think in general doing something too soon after giving blood sounds dangerous. Hope your mother's doing better!
She is. And, yeah, nobody should be doing any kind of physical work right after giving blood.

Added in 33 seconds:
Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:42 pm Yikes. Be strong, my friend.
Thank you.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Howie Mandel ruined my day.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:00 pm Howie Mandel ruined my day.
What did he do?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Dont look it up dont look it up dont look it up dont look it up dont look it up dont look it up dont look it up dont look it up dont look it up dont look it up

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/so-ther ... e/3768986/

Maybe not "ruined", but this certainly didn't start my day on the right foot...

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:11 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:00 pm Howie Mandel ruined my day.
What did he do?
Spoiler: Gross
Spoiler:
He posted a tik tok that had an image/video? of a prolapsed anus.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Bane
Yojimbo

Post by Bane »

I puked up a lot of horrible looking blood spit.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Somebody on set this weekend tested positive for covid. They wore a mask the whole shoot, but still. Last thing in the world I need right now is covid.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

My mom has COVID.

I'm not sad. I'm angry and not surprised. My sister, my brother and I knew this was going to happen because my mom just refuses to get vaccinated, but still goes to weddings, parties, etc. I'm really not in a good mood right now and I have no idea what to do in this situation aside from planning to get my booster shot soon.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:26 pm My mom has COVID.

I'm not sad. I'm angry and not surprised. My sister, my brother and I knew this was going to happen because my mom just refuses to get vaccinated, but still goes to weddings, parties, etc. I'm really not in a good mood right now and I have no idea what to do in this situation aside from planning to get my booster shot soon.
Sucks to hear man, hopefully she gets better soon

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:05 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:26 pm My mom has COVID.

Sucks to hear man, hopefully she gets better soon
I hope so, too.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Yesterday was one of the most miserable days of my recent memory. Apparently my devotion to school has ruined my relationship and with only a month left in the program I now have no clue what I'm doing, no faith in myself, and am crippled with self loathing and an inability to find joy in anything. This semester was already getting to be a bit much but now I just have no idea where to start putting out fires, or which ones to even put out. I'm supposed to be setting myself up for a career, following the dreams I've held since I was a very young child. It's starting to feel like yet another high-profile failure in a life defined by high profile failures. I haven't had a breather in months and am too exhausted to think at this point. I've never worked this hard before in my life and I really thought I was on a better track, but apparently I've just been fucking up the whole time.
Today I was supposed to start filming my thesis but got scheduled to work, and the bills are too dire to not go in.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Definitely didnt ruin my day, but was generally disappointing. I just saw Prey. And yes, it was an absolute masterpiece of a film. But I was really disappointed in the face design they went with for the Predator. Very disappointed. It feels like such an unnecessary change and what we got instead just looks sooooo goofy.