What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Me receiving a Notice of Xbox Live enforcement action at 6AM for literally no reason. I didn't do anything, I wasn't playing any games, hell, I was still asleep. That is the fourth notice I received this month.

UPDATE: So, my Xbox Live account has been suspended for two weeks just because I got into an argument with some jackass while playing Halo: Reach.

Also, I lost my cap at work last night and I need to get another because it's part of the uniform that we have to wear. I don't know how I lost it, which makes this even more frustrating for me.

So, yeah, I have not been having a good time recently.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Without going into too much detail, I feel like a complete failure and a pathetic waste of space right now. I know it's probably not as bad as I think and that my mind is over-exaggerating every negative thing about me but being self-aware doesn't really help. In fact, knowing that part of it's actually true makes it a bit worse.

Just hoping this feeling doesn't last too long.

Added in 18 minutes 52 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:22 am Just hoping this feeling doesn't last too long.
It didn't. Not sure if opening up here helped or if I just gradually calmed down but either way, I feel better.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Last night - Worst Night Ever.

-Hands and legs were shaking uncontrollably.
-Felt tired but couldn’t fall asleep.
-A deep pain in my centre.

Luckily, I had some nice remedy for it, and all my pains disappeared and I fell asleep. But for those 30 to 45 minutes of sitting in the dark, feeling too sick to ask if it could be fixed, was a horrible time.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Voyager wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:56 am -Hands and legs were shaking uncontrollably.
What the heck? My left arm kept shaking a lot just last week. I mean, it stopped after a while and it hasn't shook again so i didn't think anything of it but still..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Just found out that my dad (who just turned 60) has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's - he has about a year before his quality of life is untenable, at which point he's going to head to California for assisted suicide...can't say I blame him at all, I would do the same in his situation. The thought of him going through all of this, and of losing him, is just devastating.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:02 pm Just found out that my dad (who just turned 60) has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's - he has about a year before his quality of life is untenable, at which point he's going to head to California for assisted suicide...can't say I blame him at all, I would do the same in his situation. The thought of him going through all of this, and of losing him, is just devastating.
Geez, that's horrible. I suppose a positive (?), Is that he's conscious now and you'll be able to spend some time with him before he passes. I hope you and your father (and other family members) can share some good memories together before the end.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 pmI suppose a positive (?), Is that he's conscious now and you'll be able to spend some time with him before he passes. I hope you and your father (and other family members) can share some good memories together before the end.
Thank you, and yeah, I'm grateful that there's still time, and that he has so many loved ones near him. I'm going to head down to Nevada in a few weeks to visit, and hopefully we can get him up to Montana so that he, my brother and I can go on one last fishing trip.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 pmI suppose a positive (?), Is that he's conscious now and you'll be able to spend some time with him before he passes. I hope you and your father (and other family members) can share some good memories together before the end.
Thank you, and yeah, I'm grateful that there's still time, and that he has so many loved ones near him. I'm going to head down to Nevada in a few weeks to visit, and hopefully we can get him up to Montana so that he, my brother and I can go on one last fishing trip.
Make the most of the time you've got. I'm so sorry to hear about this.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:02 pm Just found out that my dad (who just turned 60) has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's - he has about a year before his quality of life is untenable, at which point he's going to head to California for assisted suicide...can't say I blame him at all, I would do the same in his situation. The thought of him going through all of this, and of losing him, is just devastating.
My heart aches for you, it truly does. Make sure to make the most of the time he has left, and never forget that he loves you.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Lou Gehrg's sounds like an awful thing to have, i can't really say i can blame your dads decision on this TBH. I hope you're able to make some good memories with what time you two have left together. :(

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I can't even imagine what this is like to go through. I'm so sorry.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Yesterday was hell for me...

At 1:00 AM, after I was done with my shift, my mom ordered me a Lyft so that I can return home since both of my parents are took a trip to Florida for a week. However, the Lyft driver couldn't find me and just left me where he was suppose to pick me up. My mom ordered another driver, but that one also couldn't find me. In desperation, my mom tried to order a taxi to pick me up, but that went nowhere. Finally, I just said "fuck it" and went walking up. My mom didn't want me to do that, but I calmly told her that I will be fine. She understood and I walked all the way home to my work at 2:00 in the morning and finally didn't get to my house until an hour later.

That may have been annoying, but that wasn't the worst thing. The long walk did hell for my legs and feet. It hurt like a bitch when I was working the next day. My next shift started at 2:00 PM that same day. So, I had 11 hours left to get some sleep and do my morning routine, which includes feeding my dad's fish and feeding our kittens. I only slept for 6 hours, which wasn't really all that bad. But, like I said, the legs and feet were in soar pain, but I just had to deal with it. Instead of taking a Lyft to my work, I took my bike to the Metro station and then took the subway from there with my bike by my side. Everything is going all right so far. I arrived at the other Metro station next to my workplace, I parked my bike at the nearest bike rake and then went to work.

9 hours later, I couldn't find the key to my bike. I started getting nervous, but, thankfully, I found it at the lost & found with the help of a security guard that works there. I was so relieved and was hoping nothing bad could happen next.

I was wrong.

MY BIKE WAS F*CKING STOLEN

Yeah, it turns out that the bike rack where I parked my bike at was broken, and someone managed to steal my bike sometime during my shift! That was a Christmas present my dad gave me in 2018. I've had for over 2 and a half years, and now it's gone because that stupid bike rake was broken and I didn't know about it. I even told the guard that was there about my bike. He told me that not only is the bike rack broken, but that my city isn't doing anything about it because of our district attorney who is doing a terrible job at his job. Instead of fixing bike racks, they install electric scooters and electric bikes for transport. Hell, when I parked my bike, the two guards who were there didn't tell me about the broken bike rack because, apparently, they were told not to by their authorities. The guard I was talking to blame their lack of responsibility on our district attorney and that is just as pissed off at this situation as I am. H. really showed great sympathy for me, and that made me feel a bit better. So, I got into the subway without bike and I was carrying my helmet, chain and lock, the only things the thief didn't steal when stole my bike. I end up having to walk to my house for a little over half an hour.

Having to walk home from my work twice. First was because my Lyft drivers couldn't find me and the second was because my damn bike was stolen. Walking home at 2Am and again at 10PM. My shift yesterday was painful because of my soaring legs and feet and even though I slept for 6 hours, I still felt sleepy during my shift. So, yeah, yesterday was horrible, and now I have to buy another bike.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

My illness is not responding to treatment and is, in fact, getting worse.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

You have my condolences, believe me.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

This’ll sound very trivial but I got banned from a discord server I really enjoyed for 1 week. Just for posting a meme.
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Test results came in.

I got the 'rona.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:13 pm Test results came in.

I got the 'rona.
Crap...

You got the vaccine at least?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Spuro wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:13 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:13 pm Test results came in.

I got the 'rona.
Crap...

You got the vaccine at least?
Yeah. Worst days were Friday and Saturday. Went and got tested Monday. At this point, it just feels like a mild cold. The first few days were the worst parts with a sore throat and near constant cough.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Missed out on the Horizing G91. Feels like a gut punch. I’ve never been sad that I missed a piece in my collection. But this would have completed the question. I don’t even know what to do. I don’t know how to go on. All is lost. Now I may wait Decades for an adequate sculpt. I am fucked. This is worse than anything I can imagine. Rip collection. Now I should just sell it all. Doomed.

Edit: only this, the gowrow 89, or the gigantic 95 would have sufficed. Now I’m fucked without the ability to afford any of them :( don’t know what to do. Will probably pay the absurd after market fees.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.