What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by gvamp »

COVID is still kicking my ass. While I'm mostly recovered from the illness itself I still have lingering effects most likely from the pneumonia I got with it. Today I've been nauseous all day and very lethargic just wanting to lay around all day and not do a thing. Some good news though is my appetite is coming back and my breathing is a lot better but I still got wore out just walking the dog around the house and going to the mailbox. I'm due to go back to work on Tuesday but I think I'm going to have to work a limited schedule I don't know if I can do a full day yet especially if I get like this just from a walk and without a mask yet too.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

gvamp wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:03 pm COVID is still kicking my ass. While I'm mostly recovered from the illness itself I still have lingering effects most likely from the pneumonia I got with it. Today I've been nauseous all day and very lethargic just wanting to lay around all day and not do a thing. Some good news though is my appetite is coming back and my breathing is a lot better but I still got wore out just walking the dog around the house and going to the mailbox. I'm due to go back to work on Tuesday but I think I'm going to have to work a limited schedule I don't know if I can do a full day yet especially if I get like this just from a walk and without a mask yet too.

I hope you feel better soon dude

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:17 am
gvamp wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:03 pm COVID is still kicking my ass. While I'm mostly recovered from the illness itself I still have lingering effects most likely from the pneumonia I got with it. Today I've been nauseous all day and very lethargic just wanting to lay around all day and not do a thing. Some good news though is my appetite is coming back and my breathing is a lot better but I still got wore out just walking the dog around the house and going to the mailbox. I'm due to go back to work on Tuesday but I think I'm going to have to work a limited schedule I don't know if I can do a full day yet especially if I get like this just from a walk and without a mask yet too.

I'm feeling almost 100% better now. In fact today was my first day back to work. The only thing I have left is just minor pneumonia symptoms ie a cough here and there but nothing to bad.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

gvamp wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:00 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:17 am

I'm feeling almost 100% better now. In fact today was my first day back to work. The only thing I have left is just minor pneumonia symptoms ie a cough here and there but nothing to bad.
That great dude

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

My sister was suppose to visit us today, but she missed her flight because she slept in and then her Uber was taking too long, so she called in a taxi, but even that took too long. Now she has to pay more money for another flight and not miss it this time.

UPDATE: Never mind. My sister came here after all. All is good now.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I wasn't really too sure whether to put this in the Made your day or here, but i chose hear because this is kinda getting to me, even though it didn't exactly RUIN my day.

Disney announced The Owl House Season 2 and 3 today. I'm still super excited but.. same time i'm kinda bummed out. Season 3's the end of the show, which i'm okay with mostly (don't want the show to drag out for too long).. but Disney, for some, dumb reason, didn't give it a proper episode count (Season 1 had 19, Season 2 is having 20-21, can't tell it changes with the source) but Season 3 is just.. three 44 minute specials. I'm super bummed.. and also just, like, really confused about what the heck happened that they did that.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

My son asked me what my least favourite Godzilla movie was...... I said "Godzilla Final Wars" and he looked at me with these sad lil eyes.... *Sigh*

So now I guess Godzilla Final Wars has become one of my favourites......at least top 5.

DAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:12 pm My son asked me what my least favourite Godzilla movie was...... I said "Godzilla Final Wars" and he looked at me with these sad lil eyes.... *Sigh*

So now I guess Godzilla Final Wars has become one of my favourites......at least top 5.

DAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!
Ah, what's the big deal? This means he's a complete chad and realizes that FW is one of the funnest films out there.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:25 pm
goji89 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:12 pm My son asked me what my least favourite Godzilla movie was...... I said "Godzilla Final Wars" and he looked at me with these sad lil eyes.... *Sigh*

DAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!
Ah, what's the big deal? This means he's a complete chad and realizes that FW is one of the funnest films out there.
The problem is not him liking it.......

It's me having to like it and put it in my top 5 Godzilla movies for him forever.

Again

DAAAAAAAAMN!!!!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:42 pm
Gigantis wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:25 pm

DAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!
The problem is not him liking it.......

It's me having to like it and put it in my top 5 Godzilla movies for him forever.

Again

DAAAAAAAAMN!!!!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Working on my T's Facto Godzilla 2004 Nirasawa Version. Everything is going well. I go to attach the head. Somehow end up dropping it. Now my boi is missing two spikes. Can't find them anywhere.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

We had to put my cat, Brandy, to sleep. She has been having problems for the past couple of days and my dad decided to take her to the vet and get it over with. As I'm writing this, It's been over an hour since she has passed. First our dog died last February and now our cat.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:55 pm We had to put my cat, Brandy, to sleep. She has been having problems for the past couple of days and my dad decided to take her to the vet and get it over with. As I'm writing this, It's been over an hour since she has passed. First our dog died last February and now our cat.
Oh, man, the loss of a pet is gutting, and losing two so close together is particularly awful. You have my sympathies, sir.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

eabaker wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:15 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:55 pm We had to put my cat, Brandy, to sleep. She has been having problems for the past couple of days and my dad decided to take her to the vet and get it over with. As I'm writing this, It's been over an hour since she has passed. First our dog died last February and now our cat.
Oh, man, the loss of a pet is gutting, and losing two so close together is particularly awful. You have my sympathies, sir.
Thanks. I was hoping that Brandy would live at least an extra year so that we wouldn't have two pet deaths in the same year, but she was just too old and her body was giving up on her. At least she isn't suffering anymore.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

*Bro hug*

I know that feeling all too well. I had to put my dog down about two weeks ago myself. He was my best friend for about a decade. He was there when my children were born and why my wife married me *He liked me and didn't bark at me lol* was my late snack buddy and hell my drinking buddy. I still miss him so much, but it's for the best for her/he and for you guy's as well. I was there as they put in that final shot and it's the worst but it's also a happy moment knowing that they won't suffer anymore. May your kitty rest peacefully bro, and may you as well get peace of mind through this.

It'll be alright, you'll be alright.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m so sorry to hear that. Losing two beloved pets in the same year must be gut-wrenching. I’m giving you all my sympathies.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

It's really fucked up... I have my puppy ashes next me. Losing a pet sucks.
Last edited by goji89 on Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

My thoughts are with both of you, and your families. I had to put down my childhood dog nearly eight years ago -- he was in the advanced stages of a bone disorder and he was no longer able to walk. I haven't been able to forgive myself for not being with him as he passed, although I was offered that opportunity. It's still devastating to think about, and although I have another dog now who I love just as dearly, I'll always miss my old guy, and always regret that I wasn't there for him in his last moments.

Anyway, I say all that to preface this poem I discovered not longer after his death. It's heart-wrenching, but beautiful, and the loveliest tribute to a lost pet I've ever seen. It helped me as I grieved, and I hope it will help you guys as well. Have a good cry, recall the lovely memories, and you'll stay strong.

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Terasawa wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:07 pm-snip-

:cry:

That was... uh pretty damn good.

Thank you.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

goji89 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:27 pm
*Bro hug*

I know that feeling all too well. I had to put my dog down about two weeks ago myself. He was my best friend for about a decade. He was there when my children were born and why my wife married me *He liked me and didn't bark at me lol* was my late snack buddy and hell my drinking buddy. I still miss him so much, but it's for the best for her/he and for you guy's as well. I was there as they put in that final shot and it's the worst but it's also a happy moment knowing that they won't suffer anymore. May your kitty rest peacefully bro, and may you as well get peace of mind through this.

It'll be alright, you'll be alright.
Aw, man. I'm sorry for your loss. *bro hugs back* ;(

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!