Latest Purchases Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Latest Purchases Thread

Post by gvamp »

Movies:
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein 4K BD/BD
Dune 84 4K BD/BD

These where on sale on Arrow's website for $25 a pop so I couldn't pass them up.

Books
Marvel Encyclopedia. Got this from Amazon during Prime day because it was on sale for $13
Last edited by gvamp on Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Had to order a new laptop, a black 16" Asus Vivobook. My current one is starting to go to hell. Not only did it stop recognizing our wireless network quite some time ago for some reason but now portions of my screen are starting to black out or freeze up. I had over 700 bucks saved up but I'm forced to use it on a new computer
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Just bought the trade paperback of Godzilla: Monsters & Protectors - All Hail the King! and I liked it! Too bad IDW couldn't have included Godzilla: Monsters & Protectors - Summer Smash with it, but I presume that's only because the latter hadn't been published yet. Oh well, maybe they'll bring out a second edition and include it, since it's only a one-shot.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Just received the hardcover book Marvel Value Stamps: A Visual History from Barnes & Noble. One word: excellent!

Buy this book! If you're a Marvel fan (or even if you're not), you won't regret it! It's a very interesting subject, especially if you remember these things, but were never able to "collect 'em all!" (as they used to say back in the day).
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Just preordered my copy of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. God, I'm so stoked for that game.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I ordered a few things from Kino Lorber's Fall sale.

-A*P*E BD
-Deep Star Six BD
-Tropic Thunder 4k BD/BD
-Werewolves on Wheels BD

I also preordered Monster Squad 4K because it was cheaper to go directly from Kino Lorber, I'd get it before release date and I got free shipping on my order. Not sure if I'll get my other stuff before Monster Squad or if they'll just ship it out with my preorder. Either way I'm in no big hurry.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

This week I got two things: a dealer promo sheet and a comic book print ad for the 1993 trading card series Speed Racer. I've already got the entire card series itself - three promo cards, 55 base cards and six Chromium foil cards. So now, I've got everything connected to this.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I bought an Xbox 360 slim. I might as well buy it since the Xbox store will close next year and my brother's Xbox 360 is too beat up for me to use it (disk tray has problems opening up and it might give me the Red Ring of Death since it's one of those older models).
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Dragonball Super manga Vol.18
Dragonball Super: Super Hero Blu-ray
The Mist 4K
Pumpkinhead 4K
Dragonslayer 4K
The Creature from the Black Lagoon 4K
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

My soon-to-be newest Christmas Tree ornaments:

Last edited by Leviarex on Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I finally got a hardcover copy of The Sicilian by Mario Puzo to go with my hardcover copies of the other four books in the series: The Godfather (50th Anniversary Edition), also by Puzo, The Godfather Returns and The Godfather's Revenge, both by Mark Winegardner, and The Family Corleone by Ed Falco. I've also got Blu-ray copies of both The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration and The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone.

Off-topic for a minute, however, how does one go about asking Paramount Pictures to consider re-releasing the former but replacing The Godfather Part III (which is already in it) with the latter, thus truly making it exactly what it says it is on the home video box?
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: Latest Physical Media Purchase Thread

Post by mikelcho »

I recently bougot from eBay Cracked Magazine Collectors' Edition #110 (April 1997) for one reason and one reason only - to get the 12 "Fake-Out Mars Attacks" trading cards in the center of it (which I've been looking for for quite some time) so that I can finish my Mars Attacks trading card collection. It was a good thing that I found it, too, because it was the last one that the seller had.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:47 pm I recently bougot from eBay Cracked Magazine Collectors' Edition #110 (April 1997) for one reason and one reason only - to get the 12 "Fake-Out Mars Attacks" trading cards in the center of it (which I've been looking for for quite some time) so that I can finish my Mars Attacks trading card collection. It was a good thing that I found it, too, because it was the last one that the seller had.
It's arriving tomorrow! Can't wait!

Oh, btw, there's one more Mars Attacks card set I recently bought...the four trading cards, and only them, from the four 1988 Mars Attacks Pocket Comics boxes (which I've also been looking for for quite some time) from Pocket Books. Once I get these four and put them in my binder, then my Mars Attacks trading card collection will be finished at last. To tell the truth, I never thought I'd even see these as an individual purchase, because they were originally part of the boxes that each one of the four issues were contained in, with two cards on the bottom of each box.

Here's another interesting fact about this comic book series. Fifty-four issues were planned, but it was canceled after four issues due to poor sales. Issues #5 and 6 were even announced in advance and it was going to be a monthly series beginning with these two issues. Unfortunately, nothing came of it. I guess you could say that this project was probably way ahead of its time.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just got a purchase today that was scheduled for between February 17 and March 4: the four Mars Attacks trading cards from the 1988 four-issue Mars Attacks Pocket Comics comic book series from Topps and Pocket Books.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just got two films on Blu-ray from Barnes & Noble, Castle Freak and Dagon, and a trade paperback from eBay, The Son of Satan Classic.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Blu-rays of Is This A Zombie? Season 1 and 2, Heaven's Lost Property: The Angeloid of Clockwork and Heaven's Lost Property Final The Movie: Eternally My Master, B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time, The Producers (1968), Foreign Correspondent, Salo, or The 120 Days of Sodom, Cronos, The Devil's Backbone, Pan's Labyrinth, Sound of Freedom, Jaws with the Universal 100th Anniversary digibook, and Rocky Heavyweight Collection.

Ultra 4K Blu-rays of Creed III, The Blues Brothers, Fast & Furious 10 Movie Collection, Dune, the first 3 John Wick movies, Top Gun, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and Zero Dark Thirty.

Persona 3 Reload, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 5 Royal, Soul Hackers 2, Forza Motorsport, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and Soulstice: Deluxe Edition for Xbox Series X.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Crymachina, and Days of Doom for the PlayStation 5 and God of War: Ascension.

A 1TB SD card for my Steam Deck and a Godzilla Minus One shirt.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

My Deluxe copy of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth came in. I've also been buying some Pokemon singles for my collection. Finally got my hands on the Japanese Charizard V Alternate Art from Star Birth. Flawless condition and for a fair price. So I'm SUPER stoked on that. I also got the Galarian Gallery Raikou from Crown Zenith which is probably in my top five cards from the Sword and Shield expansions. I love the art.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for PlayStation 3.
Demon Gaze Extra for PlayStation 4.
Fallout: New Vegas for Xbox 360.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022) for Xbox Series X.
The Godzilla and Godzilla Raids Again novelization.
Diary of a Whimpy Kid: The Getaway and No Brainer.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

The final 4 Predators I needed for the Predator 2 clan diorama!!! Finally
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:30 pm Blu-rays of Is This A Zombie? Season 1 and 2, Heaven's Lost Property: The Angeloid of Clockwork and Heaven's Lost Property Final The Movie: Eternally My Master, B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time, The Producers (1968), Foreign Correspondent, Salo, or The 120 Days of Sodom, Cronos, The Devil's Backbone, Pan's Labyrinth, Sound of Freedom, Jaws with the Universal 100th Anniversary digibook, and Rocky Heavyweight Collection.

Ultra 4K Blu-rays of Creed III, The Blues Brothers, Fast & Furious 10 Movie Collection, Dune, the first 3 John Wick movies, Top Gun, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and Zero Dark Thirty.

Persona 3 Reload, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 5 Royal, Soul Hackers 2, Forza Motorsport, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and Soulstice: Deluxe Edition for Xbox Series X.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Crymachina, and Days of Doom for the PlayStation 5 and God of War: Ascension.

A 1TB SD card for my Steam Deck and a Godzilla Minus One shirt.
I love Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka. Haruna is still my fictional crush. Wish i had a wife just like her.

I just bought the 4k blu-ray of Dune. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it soon!
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!