Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Official News topic

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I really wanted this to not to happen but it’s already is happening, and I really hope that this doesn’t Escalate into World War III

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

What a senseless act of violence and greed. Putin is proving he is not only a tyrant, but a madman. This sets back human development. War is ultimately a waste of lives, resources, and time. As an American, I have never held ill-will towards the Russian people. I would love to see prosperity for Russia and it's people. The notion that NATO is just out to destroy Russia to me, is insane.

My heart goes out to all the innocent civiilians who will never be able to live a normal life, and to the childhoods that will be stolen because of one man's greed.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:13 am That's what is particularly worrisome. If this doesn't end quickly, in a few days, or withdrawal, it'll risk moving on beyond the borders of Ukraine and into the rest of Europe.
Yeesh, that is worrisome indeed.

Really makes me wish I had three wishes. One of those would be for all world problems to be solved. War, crime, environmental issues, homelessness (People and pets), world hunger, etc.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

They’re intending to seize Chernobyl.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

There was a Chinese flyover above Taiwan earlier today. Doesn't necessarily mean anything because they do that a lot but bad timing.
China has been coming off kinda sketch about Russia but they also announced their "No limits friendship" earlier at the Olympics. IMO, a lot of the future of the world is riding on whether China wants to keep doing business with America/NATO counties or if they wanna be ride or die with Russia. They might condemn this invasion based on business interests.

Edit: it appears Russia has seized Chernobyl.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

In addition to Chernobyl, it would appear that Russia also took control of Sumy as well
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Ukraine's deputy interior minister, Anton Gerashchenko, is worried that artillery could cause radioactive dust from the reactor getting hit.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Speaking of China their President has already said Ukraine belongs to Russia just like Taiwan belongs to them. Shows that's their mindset.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

China is not currently capable of succcessfully invading Taiwan. It would be a total bloodbath for them. Our Pacific fleet in conjunction with the Japanese navy would completely overwhelm Chinese invasion forces.

I heard Ukraine took an airport back.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Russia has taken Chernobyl. Getting very scary.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Russia really just wants a buffer state between NATO/EU and itself. They’re gonna be a puppet state put between Russia and Ukraine, and the Russian separatists in the Donbas will probably be instated into the Russian Federation like Chechnya.

There’s a lot of economic action against Russia, which is good, and any further moves by Russia will be disastrous for it. We have one of the strongest and anti-Russian NATO members on Russia’s doorstep, that being Turkey, and any attack on a NATO member will result in all of NATO joining against Russia. That’s a war Russia can’t win. Russia’s key gas line from Germany is shut, which means Russia’s gonna be losing a lot of money.

For Russia’s sake, they better end this war quickly. If not, we could see some disastrous events take place in Russia.
For Emperor and Empire!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:41 pm Russia has taken Chernobyl. Getting very scary.
The Russians shouldn't tamper with it or anything. If it opens, they seal their own death warrant for not only the region they want to control but their own territory.
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:36 pm I heard Ukraine took an airport back.
Ukraine is in a bad spot, no doubt, but they do have the second largest military on the European continent. While everything seems doom and gloom, once the shock of the initial attack fades and a frontline is established, I wouldn't doubt that Russia starts taking some serious blows.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

President Zelensky is going through the mother of all political crash courses.

Not even 10 years ago he was just a Colbert-esque comedian. Now he's standing his ground against a global superpower.

If nothing else, dude's got cajones.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Yeah, what a timeline for him. I wonder if even he believes it right now. I'd probably think about how much easier it would have been to just kowtow to Russia and become some sort of oligarch.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Wonder if there's any truth to the Ghost of Kyiv, it has been trending all day on Twitter.

Apparently a lone Ukrainian Fighter Pilot who's been defending Kyiv all day in an MIG-29 has taken out 6 Russian fighter jets. Supposedly he's "earned his Ace", and the people of Ukraine wish him Godspeed.

Added in 6 minutes 2 seconds:
Scratch that, the Defense of Ukraine essentially confirmed the Ghost on their Twitter account.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:55 am Wonder if there's any truth to the Ghost of Kyiv, it has been trending all day on Twitter.

Apparently a lone Ukrainian Fighter Pilot who's been defending Kyiv all day in an MIG-29 has taken out 6 Russian fighter jets. Supposedly he's "earned his Ace", and the people of Ukraine wish him Godspeed.

Added in 6 minutes 2 seconds:
Scratch that, the Defense of Ukraine essentially confirmed the Ghost on their Twitter account.
As depressing as the situation is atleast thats a form of hope for the Ukrainian people.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I’m hoping that Russia and Ukraine war doesn’t exculpate into World war 3 and potentially a nuclear war. I really really want the Russia and Ukraine to make peace but sadly that won’t happen anytime soon.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

How could there be peace at this point? Revenge will always be in the minds of those who have lost loved ones. There is seemingly no end to the evils of war.

BBC is reporting that Ukraine and Russia are ready to discuss a ceasefire.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:47 pm How could there be peace at this point? Revenge will always be in the minds of those who have lost loved ones. There is seemingly no end to the evils of war.

UN Security Council held a meeting with a resolution. Russian Fed. Veto'd the resolution using its power. Apparently, it's moving on to the general assembly where it can't be veto'd. Alot of the members seem to be siding with Ukraine and are visibly upset with Russia's veto action. It's still on folding and not all of the people speak English so some details may have been lost.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

SpaceG92 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:02 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:47 pm How could there be peace at this point? Revenge will always be in the minds of those who have lost loved ones. There is seemingly no end to the evils of war.

UN Security Council held a meeting with a resolution. Russian Fed. Veto'd the resolution using its power. Apparently, it's moving on to the general assembly where it can't be veto'd. Alot of the members seem to be siding with Ukraine and are visibly upset with Russia's veto action. It's still on folding and not all of the people speak English so some details may have been lost.
China's response was a little better than I expected while lending credibility to the Russian view. I'm not sure how I feel about their proposition that Ukraine should remain "neutral" and never join NATO. My core position is that Ukraine should be able to determine for themselves whether to join. I understand why Putin wouldn't want NATO on his doorstep, but I think he is overestimating the threat. NATO will not aggress against a nuclear armed state.

I don't think Putin expected this united front from the free world. All of the sudden, I, usually an outspoken critic of the UN, EU, and even the UK, feel an intense and strange form of patriotism for some of these institutions and countries. Suddenly, I realize I have much more in common with the people of Europe than I thought. I think this is bad for Putin. People are going to realize how the post-war order has contributed to much prosperity throughout the world.