Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Official News topic

Post by LegendZilla »

A proponent of Vladimir Putin was killed in a car-bombing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62621509

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:58 pm A proponent of Vladimir Putin was killed in a car-bombing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62621509
Uhh, the articles date says this happened back in August.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Sorry, I meant to post this news : https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 023-04-02/

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:13 am Truck carrying 40,000 pounds of toxic soil from East Palestine train derailment site crashes on highway

America's ability to handle disasters continues to impress.
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/11/us/r ... index.html

And more toxic fires. Whoops!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

More uncharacteristic political violence is coming out of Japan. A few hours ago, some guy set off a bomb while Prime Minister Kishida was giving a speech in Wakayama. He had a second bomb, too, but he was arrested before he could trigger it. One police officer mildly injured, no fatalities. Kishida was evacuated until order was restored, then went on with the speech.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Apparently wildfire smoke from multiple fires in Canada has affected the air here where I live.
I've definitely noticed it's been making my asthma worse, and the sunset and early moons are super red.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:22 am Apparently wildfire smoke from multiple fires in Canada has affected the air here where I live.
I've definitely noticed it's been making my asthma worse, and the sunset and early moons are super red.
Yeah it's been pretty bad today. It'll clear up sometime tomorrow tho

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

A landmark day for human rights in Japan of all places : https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/ ... egislation.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:12 pm A landmark day for human rights in Japan of all places : https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/ ... egislation.
Uh, NO.

No it fucking isn’t. It’s less than the bare minimum, in fact.

16 is not okay.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:34 pm Uh, NO.

No it fucking isn’t. It’s less than the bare minimum, in fact.

16 is not okay.
Compared to some creep trying to jump the gun on a girl the moment she becomes a teenager, 16 sounds like a massive improvement even if it's literally just by three years.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So, laws around sex and minors in Japan are often wrongly reported and misconstrued by foreign media/bad actors.

Long and short of it, the “Japan’s consent age is 13” even prior, is a total fucking myth perpetuated by gross people. 13 is the nationally established age, but pretty much every local ordinance has their own individual laws/guidance on this. Additionally, there’s child safety laws, that are pretty stringent that apply mostly till up until the age of 18. So while it might not be analogous to America’s system, someone can still be jailed/imprisoned for doing anything to a minor.

16 is low, but my home state of NYC had the age at 17! Additionally, at the time of leaving USA, Georgia at the time I believe had the age at 14! Crazy. I personally think that the age should be 18, but am merely pointing out that the USA doesn’t really have a uniformity to their laws either. As the Japantimes article mentions, this is actually higher than many other European countries. They should have higher ages too, but I’m sure similar to this situation they probably have a different set of child protective laws.

Likewise, pedophilia, contrary to what internet trolls and weird hentai might make you try believe, is obviously completely frowned upon and gross. You do shit like this and you will be socially ostracized, even if you ever, for whatever reason, weren’t prosecuted.

Also, up until last year/recently, you really aren’t considered an adult until you’re 20. People under 20 in japan couldn’t get a credit card, but tobacco/cigs, and tons of other stuff. It changed recently to 18, but people still view it was 20, or “hatachi”.

What should really be talked about, and what annoys me about this coverage, is that really Japan reformed a lot of laws regarding sex and consent, for the better. The raising of the natural age was a much larger part of package to reform outdated laws. Prior to this law, basically said unless there was violence, or threat of violence, people couldn’t report sexual abuse or rape to the police. In other words, if someone is coerced or drugged into sex, it’s incredibly difficult to get the issue reported. Depending on the state, and country, some of the legislation is pretty progressive comparatively. Additionally, grooming practices are also made illegal.

This is a landmark change to the Japanese legal system which changes and reforms itself at a glacial pace. Imo it’s BS that places are focusing solely on the national age being raised because it will generate more clicks.

This is a watered down version of what’s being reported, but at least it’s in English and more accurate:
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20230616_18/

If someone is asking why I’m so knowledgeable/passionate about this, my wife works as a civil servant and the other day we had a long conversation about the changes about this the other day.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I was going to post something trollish but LSD provided a lot of valuable insight that I really appreciate.

I have definitely in some contexts had a hard, nasty go at Japan's cultural standards regarding sexuality, but it's good to have some perspective from someone who has actually lived in the country and also, apparently, has knowledge of its civic system. It's something I'll try to keep in mind when the topic comes up in the future.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What legal reforms Could Japan possibly carry out next? Perhaps legalizing CBD? That could also solve a ton of their deep-rooted societal issues.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I alwways personally belive the age 13 thing was so Hentai/Etechi could be made about schoolgirls whole sleeping with kids irl was very frowned upon like it is here.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Has anyone heard of the Titan submarine disaster? Absolutely fucking horrible. They just wanted to visit the Titanic wreckage and all five of them ended up dead.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:10 pm Has anyone heard of the Titan submarine disaster? Absolutely fucking horrible. They just wanted to visit the Titanic wreckage and all five of them ended up dead.
It's a tragedy that people perished. Hopefully, if visits do continue in the future to the Titanic, proper safety precautions can be implemented because WOW, alot has come out about how unsafe the submersible was.

Also, it seems that the vessel imploded which hopefully gives some relief to those close to the individuals because five days of darkness and oxygen starvation is a horror no one should suffer.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

I heard of the Titanic submarine; Its a Complete Tragedy that something this easily avoidable could've been prevented if the Damn Sub was actually Built Better; it was the Company and the CEOS fault that the tragedy happened but also pure Negligence, Stupidly and How the Sub was extremely Cheap and awful; Because of that stupid CEO 5 People Lost their life's
Showa Goji best Godzilla

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:14 pm I heard of the Titanic submarine; Its a Complete Tragedy that something this easily avoidable could've been prevented if the Damn Sub was actually Built Better; it was the Company and the CEOS fault that the tragedy happened but also pure Negligence, Stupidly and How the Sub was extremely Cheap and awful; Because of that stupid CEO 5 People Lost their life's
Some blame should be shared with the regulatory bodies that should have done more to set regulations and require oversight.