Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official News topic

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

SpiderZilla wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:36 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:14 pm I heard of the Titanic submarine; Its a Complete Tragedy that something this easily avoidable could've been prevented if the Damn Sub was actually Built Better; it was the Company and the CEOS fault that the tragedy happened but also pure Negligence, Stupidly and How the Sub was extremely Cheap and awful; Because of that stupid CEO 5 People Lost their life's
Some blame should be shared with the regulatory bodies that should have done more to set regulations and require oversight.
They tried to, but then got sued for it.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:55 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:14 pm I heard of the Titanic submarine; Its a Complete Tragedy that something this easily avoidable could've been prevented if the Damn Sub was actually Built Better; it was the Company and the CEOS fault that the tragedy happened but also pure Negligence, Stupidly and How the Sub was extremely Cheap and awful; Because of that stupid CEO 5 People Lost their life's
Some blame should be shared with the regulatory bodies that should have done more to set regulations and require oversight.
That was a civil suit between the company and a former employee. Even if the former employee won his civil suit it wouldn’t have prevented the company from doing business. I’m suggesting that federal regulations should have existed that prevented the company from operating until it could do so safely.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SpiderZilla wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:54 pm
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:55 pm

That was a civil suit between the company and a former employee. Even if the former employee won his civil suit it wouldn’t have prevented the company from doing business. I’m suggesting that federal regulations should have existed that prevented the company from operating until it could do so safely.
The federal government can only do so much to stop us from risking our lives in situations like this.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:05 am The federal government can only do so much to stop us from risking our lives in situations like this.
But did the government do anything at all in this case? It doesn’t seem like any federal authority looked into the safety of the sub’s design or construction prior to the accident despite several reports surfacing after the fact that concerns from 3rd parties were raised. I’m not absolving the company of responsibility for this accident, but the government needs to make some changes to prevent this from happening again.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SpiderZilla wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:27 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:05 am The federal government can only do so much to stop us from risking our lives in situations like this.
But did the government do anything at all in this case? It doesn’t seem like any federal authority looked into the safety of the sub’s design or construction prior to the accident despite several reports surfacing after the fact that concerns from 3rd parties were raised. I’m not absolving the company of responsibility for this accident, but the government needs to make some changes to prevent this from happening again.
Look what happened with the masks and covid vaccine. People value freedom over the government appealing to their self preservation.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:22 pm Look what happened with the masks and covid vaccine. People value freedom over the government appealing to their self preservation.
The people who rejected masks and vaccines got accurate information but chose to ignore it. The paying customers who died in the submersible were lied to about the vessel’s safety.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

SpiderZilla wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:41 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:22 pm Look what happened with the masks and covid vaccine. People value freedom over the government appealing to their self preservation.
The people who rejected masks and vaccines got accurate information but chose to ignore it. The paying customers who died in the submersible were lied to about the vessel’s safety.
Well, for starters, those people signed a waiver that stated the craft was not properly tested and certified.

Secondly, since the submersible was being operated and launch directly in international waters, it couldn't be subjected to any formal oversight. It likely operated that way because it knew it couldn't be regulated.

All of this is the fault of OceanGate and the hubris of some rich snots. And unless you're ready to change the entire global maritime legal infrastructure, I can't think of any hypothetical regulatory commission that would be responsible or culpable in this.

Not to mention capitalist America has been staunchly against federal regulation. Just look at Texas and their "independent" power grid.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:40 am Well, for starters, those people signed a waiver that stated the craft was not properly tested and certified.
Did the waiver mention that the company lied about the sub’s design?
Secondly, since the submersible was being operated and launch directly in international waters, it couldn't be subjected to any formal oversight. It likely operated that way because it knew it couldn't be regulated.
It’s the company that requires the regulation. No one should be allowed to do business in deep-sea tourism if they can’t certify that they can do it safely.
Not to mention capitalist America has been staunchly against federal regulation. Just look at Texas and their "independent" power grid.
Capitalist corporations have always been opposed to safety regulations but that hasn’t stopped American consumers from legislating it anyway. Just look at the airbags in new cars.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Quick, more government intervention will solve what happened yesterday

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

Malchik wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:56 am Quick, more government intervention will solve what happened yesterday
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Deep sea tourism isn't safe in the first place imo. If humans were supposed to be that deep underwater we'd be better equipped for it.

Yes there is a way to do it where people will be fine but it's always a chance you are taking.

I also don't know how I feel about paying money to disturb a mass grave site.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:07 am I also don't knkw how I feel about paying money to disturb a mass grave site.
If it is any consolation all the bones disintegrated decades upon decades ago.
SpiderZilla wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:05 am
Malchik wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:56 am Quick, more government intervention will solve what happened yesterday
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
That has no relevance to what I said.
Last edited by Malchik on Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Those millionaires who sunk at the Titanic site should've explored the area with an automated probe.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:31 pm Those millionaires who sunk at the Titanic site should've explored the area with an automated probe.
You can't say you went to the bottom of the sea in the Titanic wreckage in that case. Plus, you might as well just watch James Cameron's documentaries, and that's far less EXCITING for thrill seekers.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

(This isn't aimed at anyone here but comments elsewhere.) I blame Stockton Rush and only Stockton Rush. I don't think it's entirely fair to drag in the others. Paul-Henri Nargeolet was a historian who had studied the Titanic who was acting as a guide for the others. I can't view this as a vanity project for him. Suleman Dawood was a child and he was known to be scared, and he was more excited to break a record and no doubt trusted his dad. Shahzada Dawood apparently dreamed of visiting the Titanic wreck from a young age and while what he did was stupid and ill-advised, I can't assume his desire to be there was a result of billionaire vanity. Gonna be real and say I don't know a single thing about Hamish Harding, maybe he kicked some babies, it's possible, but I don't know, but I don't know if I know enough to shit on him and only him, you know? I know enough about Rush to judge him though. He made several careless mistakes at several stages of the process of creating, designing, building and using the sub, dismissed concerns at every step of the process, and continued to ignore the liability and pass the risk on to others.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The big UFO hearing was this morning. Three highly credible whistleblowers and witnesses testified before Congress and were questioned. The response from the representatives was very positive, and they seem motivated to move forward and push for legislation on this.

In other words, Disclosure might actually be coming. Imminently.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:10 am The big UFO hearing was this morning. Three highly credible whistleblowers and witnesses testified before Congress and were questioned. The response from the representatives was very positive, and they seem motivated to move forward and push for legislation on this.

In other words, Disclosure might actually be coming. Imminently.
It was a phenomenal hearing, even if you're not convinced by it being anything related to extraterrestrials.

We got on-record testimony from decorated and highly credible individuals describing:
- Records of unexplained anomalous phenomenon interfering with our military technology and defense systems, i.e. a credible threat to national security.
- Instances of attempted reports being ignored or eyewitnesses feeling threatened/unwilling to report sightings due to stigmas surrounding the topic leading to approximately 95% of sightings going unreported officially. Meaning, this is happening way more frequently than we think.
- Implication that the federal government is in charge of a "crash retrieval and re-engineering program" with "non-human biologics" being straight-up mentioned as found in said crashes.
- Suggestions that the government and private corporations are involved in an under-the-table coverup complete with dark money payments being made using taxpayer dollars.
- Actual descriptions of some of the UAPs including a "gray/black cube floating inside a transparent sphere" (mentioned multiple times referring to multiple instances) and a "100-yards long red square".

...among other things.

Personally, I think the takeaway shouldn't be "oh cool aliens exist" but "there's something in our airspace that we can't explain and our government is hiding it through dark funding, misinformation campaigns, and outright negligence on the part of cataloguing and responding to reports of these objects both from the military and commercial sectors". The fact our government is allegedly not participating on behalf of the public's safety regarding this topic should be the big topic of discussion here.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:51 am Personally, I think the takeaway shouldn't be "oh cool aliens exist" but "there's something in our airspace that we can't explain and our government is hiding it through dark funding, misinformation campaigns, and outright negligence on the part of cataloguing and responding to reports of these objects both from the military and commercial sectors". The fact our government is allegedly not participating on behalf of the public's safety regarding this topic should be the big topic of discussion here.
And whether or not these dark funding/unknown projects are "innocent" or not, means we need some sort of confirmation. If not confirmed, this is the type of thing that malicious conspiracy theorists cling to, and it's important to fill in the gaps before genuinely unhinged people do. The United States government has a history of secretive/originally secretive projects (Manhattan Project/MK Ultra/Contra) and I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of it. I'm hoping it's something innocous: testing out new forms of VTOL craft or something.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:35 pm And whether or not these dark funding/unknown projects are "innocent" or not, means we need some sort of confirmation. If not confirmed, this is the type of thing that malicious conspiracy theorists cling to, and it's important to fill in the gaps before genuinely unhinged people do.
We already know that some aspects of these projects, whether fault of the government or fault of whatever they're studying, have outright caused harm and, in David Grusch's own words, were "extremely disturbing" to him and his wife. So we definitely know that whatever is at play here is far from innocent.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:35 pm I'm hoping it's something innocous: testing out new forms of VTOL craft or something.
After this question/answer from the hearing today, I no longer believe it's anything from within our own government:

Rep. Mace (paraphrased): Cmdr. Fravor in your experience, does the government test advanced technological systems near multimillion dollar aircraft without informing the pilots first?

Cmdr. Fravor: No, we have test ranges for that.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:02 pm

Rep. Mace (paraphrased): Cmdr. Fravor in your experience, does the government test advanced technological systems near multimillion dollar aircraft without informing the pilots first?

Cmdr. Fravor: No, we have test ranges for that.
That's pretty frightening. Also, looking into it more, it is pretty scary, aliens or not. I think it's worth noting different news sites and outlets and quoting different parts/sections of the entire thing at different moments and this is show various basis.

This is paretty crazy:
Asked by Rep. Jared Moskowitz, D-Fla., how such a program is funded, Grusch claimed that the effort is "above congressional oversight" and bankrolled by a "misappropriation of funds."

"Does that mean that there is money in the budget that is set to go to a program but it doesn't and it goes to something else?," Moskowitz asked.

"Yes. I have specific knowledge of that," Grusch said, though he did not provide more details, claiming the information remains classified.
I think whats extra crazy about this is that it's all done in a government setting. Like, this isn't Grusch saying on a blog or something he's seen aliens or something. These are comparatively credible sources, making very public statements, and I assume they would be held accountable, both in the public, and other places, if they were found to be misleading.