Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official News topic

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:32 am Does everyone think Putin is bluffing and just using fear tactics?
I hope he is, God I seriously hope he is
Dropping a nuke would be the dumbest thing he could possibly do, strategically and politically. Russia wants to absorb Ukraine into itself. There's no sense in irradiating the very thing you want. And if he would be crazy enough to hit the button, he instantly puts a target on his back from the entire world. Not just sanctions. At that point, Russia will have become an EXTREMELY dangerous rogue nation that needs taken out. Russia is on track to be just as bad as North Korea in a year or less unless the monstrous amount of sanctions are lifted, and that will never happen as long as Russia keeps this going. Russia could very well topple Ukraine and absorb it in time, but they are running the risk of becoming just as isolated as North Korea - and we all know how bad it is over there.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:50 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:32 am Does everyone think Putin is bluffing and just using fear tactics?
Dropping a nuke would be the dumbest thing he could possibly do, strategically and politically. Russia wants to absorb Ukraine into itself. There's no sense in irradiating the very thing you want. And if he would be crazy enough to hit the button, he instantly puts a target on his back from the entire world. Not just sanctions. At that point, Russia will have become an EXTREMELY dangerous rogue nation that needs taken out. Russia is on track to be just as bad as North Korea in a year or less unless the monstrous amount of sanctions are lifted, and that will never happen as long as Russia keeps this going. Russia could very well topple Ukraine and absorb it in time, but they are running the risk of becoming just as isolated as North Korea - and we all know how bad it is over there.
I hope your right, Putin is freaking maniac but he clearly know the consequences of A nuclear war. But even if Putin is insane enough to push the red button, The people around him could very well backstab him and preventing a nuclear war.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:41 am
I hope your right, Putin is freaking maniac but he clearly know the consequences of A nuclear war. But even if Putin is insane enough to push the red button, The people around him could very well backstab him and preventing a nuclear war.
This is ultimately my hope. The big fat cat oligarchs of Moscow are going to want to be alive and spend money, not be dust. Putin had/has a meeting with people close to him over the state of the economy, and this is only really day one of things being bad over there. So, there's still a chance.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Maritonic wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:33 am

This is ultimately my hope. The big fat cat oligarchs of Moscow are going to want to be alive and spend money, not be dust. Putin had/has a meeting with people close to him over the state of the economy, and this is only really day one of things being bad over there. So, there's still a chance.
It's just going to keep getting worse and worse for Russia, fate of Ukraine aside. Today, their Central Bank was just cut off. Virtually, all forms of major trade have ceased with every country except China. Saw a report on it a lil bit ago. Russia isn't some civilization of peasants like what often comes to mind. They are just like you and me. They like their modern living and technology. When they are no longer able to live a modern life and are forced into a world akin to North Korea... Things will just get even worse of Russia.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Maritonic wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:33 am

Heck I also think China wouldn’t want a nuclear war so if the time comes, Vladimir Putin simply just ‘disappear’

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds:
But if this is it and A nuclear war comes, I just want to say I’m sorry to anyone I bothered and love y’all

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

It wouldn't surprise me at this point if there are plans to assassinate Putin. Can't say I wouldn't blame them.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

I think Putin is just bluffing about nuclear missiles. I highly doubt a nuclear war is going to break out
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

MogeGoji1994 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:14 am I think Putin is just bluffing about nuclear missiles. I highly doubt a nuclear war is going to break out
For real, Putin will have been found to have committed suicide by two bullets to the back of the skull before the possibility of a single nuke flying. The only thing the oligarchs love more than their wealth is living.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

NSZ wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:22 am
MogeGoji1994 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:14 am I think Putin is just bluffing about nuclear missiles. I highly doubt a nuclear war is going to break out
For real, Putin will have been found to have committed suicide by two bullets to the back of the skull before the possibility of a single nuke flying. The only thing the oligarchs love more than their wealth is living.
Yeah. And you have to imagine, they are already getting pissed off. Every second this goes on, they lose money.

Quote of the Year:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I wouldn’t be surprised if the oligarchs weren’t doing the assassination plot, but rather the army itself! Or even more crazy, papa Xi doesn’t want his game at world conquest to blow, so he offs the guy threatening his chances.
For Emperor and Empire!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

What's even more indicative is that Putin is resorting to Kim Jong Un levels of rhetoric when he's usually cooler and more collected. Either this invasion is going very wrong and he's desperate, or he's legitimately on the verge of snapping.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Well the rumor is Putin is very sick. Supposedly he's got Parkinson's and just got surgery for abdominal cancer back in February. The theory is he's been given a fatal diagnosis. So he's going out as a war lord.

Also, Russian leadership has a law that gives them lifelong immunity, even after they step down. So he literally doesn't face any consequences for his actions.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:25 pm Also, Russian leadership has a law that gives them lifelong immunity, even after they step down. So he literally doesn't face any consequences for his actions.
So what can we do? He needs to be punished for his actions.
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:25 pm Well the rumor is Putin is very sick. Supposedly he's got Parkinson's and just got surgery for abdominal cancer back in February. The theory is he's been given a fatal diagnosis.
If this is true. Good then.

The bastard deserves to suffer.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:37 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:25 pm Well the rumor is Putin is very sick. Supposedly he's got Parkinson's and just got surgery for abdominal cancer back in February. The theory is he's been given a fatal diagnosis.
If this is true. Good then.

The bastard deserves to suffer.
Celebrating a fatal and agonizing illness just misses being a literal "death wish" on the barest of technicalities. Not issuing a warning here, but I don't want to see it again.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Spuro wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:27 pm Tohokingdom, the proud defender of a warmongering maniac currently threatening us all with nuclear annihilation.

Stay classy, TK. I just pray that I and my loved ones are still alive by the month's end.
You realize the hill you're dying on is is the ability to wish death on people. Unplug from the internet for a bit.

Added in 2 minutes 24 seconds:
Let's keep this chill. I'll lock the thread again in a heartbeat if we can't accept the rules
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Okay, this is the last time I'm going to address this.

There is a rule about wishing death (or harm) on other people on this forum. Period.

Yes, we are all very aware of the current situation, and some of us are very concerned. Some are not. I happen to be one that is concerned.

However, you people have to understand that if we simply go "sure, you can say you hope Putin gets shot in the face" it sets a precedent for effectively any other person out there you disagree with. Because the case can always be made. No, this current situation is not an exception. It happened quite a bit with Trump, and everyone justified it then as well.

This isn't a hard rule to follow. This shouldn't be that hard for people to grasp? The fact that people are fighting me for the ability to do this is extremely concerning, but yeah. Stay classy indeed. We're far from defending this lunatic; we're trying to keep things as civil and as respectful as we can.

This is now the third time I am asking for you guys to just be chill and accept these are the bounds that we have to maintain to keep the news thread as civil as possible. End of discussion. Want to discuss it? PM me. I don't want to have to come in here to do this AGAIN.

Thank you.

Added in 15 minutes 2 seconds:
Please feel free to continue with news discussions.
Last edited by Maritonic on Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Vladimir Putin's Black Belt Revoked by International Taekwondo Organization

The financial sanctions were one thing. Removal from SWIFT is another.

But THIS just got personal.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Seems like the International Taekwondo Organization said Vladdy needed to be... Putin his place 8-)

In other news, US kicked a bunch of Russian diplomats out for spying.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us-orders ... 022-02-28/
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Maritonic wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:55 pm Okay, this is the last time I'm going to address this.

There is a rule about wishing death (or harm) on other people on this forum. Period.

Yes, we are all very aware of the current situation, and some of us are very concerned. Some are not. I happen to be one that is concerned.

However, you people have to understand that if we simply go "sure, you can say you hope Putin gets shot in the face" it sets a precedent for effectively any other person out there you disagree with. Because the case can always be made. No, this current situation is not an exception. It happened quite a bit with Trump, and everyone justified it then as well.

This isn't a hard rule to follow. This shouldn't be that hard for people to grasp? The fact that people are fighting me for the ability to do this is extremely concerning, but yeah. Stay classy indeed. We're far from defending this lunatic; we're trying to keep things as civil and as respectful as we can.

This is now the third time I am asking for you guys to just be chill and accept these are the bounds that we have to maintain to keep the news thread as civil as possible. End of discussion. Want to discuss it? PM me. I don't want to have to come in here to do this AGAIN.

Thank you.

Added in 15 minutes 2 seconds:
Please feel free to continue with news discussions.
Maybe you should just lock the thread again then for the peace and mind of the mods as well as the other members here. Religion and Politics are always hard topics to discuss and we as people live on our emotions. I apologize for what I said about Putin but the more irrational he gets with threatening innocent people the harder it is for people to control themselves especially when Putin is not even a member on this forum.

I understand you have a job to do as you mentioned if you threaten harm to one person that opens it up to others as well.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image