Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Official News topic

Post by Maritonic »

Last edited by Maritonic on Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Good thing that he resign
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

One good thing out of this situation.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Finally, some good damn news...... damn.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

As bad as what Cuomo did at least it seemed like he owned up to what he did in the end.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:09 pm As bad as what Cuomo did at least it seemed like he owned up to what he did in the end.
He really didn't, though. He did the right thing and resigned, but he still used his resignation speech as a platform to continue to deny all the accusations. He's a creep.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:09 pm As bad as what Cuomo did at least it seemed like he owned up to what he did in the end.
Bullshit he did. He resigned because the rest of his party were gonna impeach him if he didn't. He spent a whole week before this saying the AG findings were nonsense.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Terasawa wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:14 am
He really didn't, though. He did the right thing and resigned, but he still used his resignation speech as a platform to continue to deny all the accusations. He's a creep.
UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:19 am
Bullshit he did. He resigned because the rest of his party were gonna impeach him if he didn't. He spent a whole week before this saying the AG findings were nonsense.
Watching his speech he mentioned he doesn't feel he harassed anyone because he feels it was a generational and cultural shift that he got caught in and feels there is a discussion that needs to be had.

I can see his point of view because sadly we did live in a culture were Women didn't have the ability to voice concerns and people at the work place did do things back then that is no considered harassment.

I'm not defending him at all, I'm just saying that when we deal with sommany politicians and people like Bill Cosby that deny what that did to the better end, seeing one person doing even a half assed apology is better than never admiting you were wrong at all.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Anyone here old enough to remember the last-scandal ridden NY gov? Elliot Spitzer? Wasn’t he in a similar problem, not sexual harassment, but cheating? Seems like the NY govs have a history of sex scandals, though Cuomos seems worse.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Enraging to say the least.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

I couldn't read the article because of the paywall...what did their priors look like? Race very well may have played a part, but it's key to have all of the facts first - I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone scream racism in situations like this, when the sentencing disparity was actually due to priors. If you have a laundry list of past arrests and convictions, you're going to be handed a harsher sentence.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:08 am I couldn't read the article because of the paywall...what did their priors look like? Race very well may have played a part, but it's key to have all of the facts first - I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone scream racism in situations like this, when the sentencing disparity was actually due to priors. If you have a laundry list of past arrests and convictions, you're going to be handed a harsher sentence.
You could try this one

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ohio-co ... 00949.html

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:08 am If you have a laundry list of past arrests and convictions, you're going to be handed a harsher sentence.
Funny you mentioned that. Because Bosworth (the white lady) has a total of 22 charges of theft on her record. Meanwhile, Hopkins (the black lady) has a grand total of....one. Yet she was the one who gets prison time.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Ethnic Group in the Philippines Have Highest Level of Denisovan DNA in the World
A study analyzing the genomes of nearly 120 ethnic groups in the Philippines has identified that one population, the Ayta Magbukon, have the highest level of DNA derived from Denisovans, an extinct human subspecies, recorded to date.

Denisovans, unlike the better-studied Neanderthals, were only discovered by modern science around a decade ago, when mysterious remains found in a cave in Siberia turned out to be from the previously unidentified subspecies.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I feel sorry for the poor women…

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theglob ... e-control/

Fuck religion, man. Fuck all of it.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Skreeonking hell, this is new heights of utterly insane... ... ...
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Spuro wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:04 pm
I feel sorry for the poor women…

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theglob ... e-control/

skreeonk religion, man. skreeonk all of it.
Yeah because it was religion that told insane people to interpret the words in a way to justify being assholes.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

It wasn't my intention to start a religious discussion, but since this has no come up:
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:10 pm Yeah because it was religion that told insane people to interpret the words in a way to justify being assholes.
Their actions are driven by their understanding of their religion, so yes, it was religion, or more precisely a specific interpretation of holy texts.

To you they're "insane" because you don't agree with their extremism.

Religion has driven mankind to commit unspeakable crimes just as it has motivated some of its most beautiful works of art. Don't excuse religion's fault in this case simply because you don't agree with the criminals or the way they practice their faith.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.