Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official News topic

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Funny how a vast majority of pregnancies aren't detected before 6 weeks, and many obstetricians can't see a patient until at least 8 weeks into pregnancy, but let's not mention that.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:05 am Funny how they can still get one in Texas before the 6 weeks are up, but let's not mention that.
A lot of women don't know they're pregnant 6 weeks in yet alone have enough time to decide if they want to terminate or keep their child.

Added in 45 seconds:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:28 am Funny how a vast majority of pregnancies aren't detected before 6 weeks, and many obstetricians can't see a patient until at least 8 weeks into pregnancy, but let's not mention that.
Ninja'd. You explained it much better anyway.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

South Australia is literally insane. Governments love to overstep their boundaries eh? Give em a crumb, they take a mile.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Texas High School’s First Black Principal Suspended Because White Parents Say He Promotes Critical Race Theory

I wonder how the "cancel culture is unacceptable" crowd will think of this...

Ivermectin Poisoning On The Rise In Oklahoma As Right-Wing Vouches For Horse Dewormer Against COVID-19

First fish tank cleaner, then UV rays/disinfectant, now this. Please get vaccinated.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I don't understand how all that stuff is better than taking a vaccine.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:08 am I don't understand how all that stuff is better than taking a vaccine.
It isn't. :lol:

I for one am curious what these nutcases will think up of next. Guzzling cyanide?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Spuro wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:18 am
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:08 am I don't understand how all that stuff is better than taking a vaccine.
It isn't. :lol:

I for one am curious what these nutcases will think up of next. Guzzling cyanide?
I know it isn't, I was being scarastic and the lengths people are going. I won't use a vaccine because I don't know what's in it but horse medicine and disinfectant that's ok.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:26 am I know it isn't, I was being scarastic and the lengths people are going. I won't use a vaccine because I don't know what's in it but horse medicine and disinfectant that's ok.
Yeah, this is what gets me about "anti-vaxxers." I'm quite wary of the Covid vaccine, and the world of medicine in general, for personal reasons. That skepticism I understand.
But the leap from "we don't know what's in the vax or how it works!" to "I'M GONNA BOOF HORSE MEDICINE BECAUSE I KNOW MY RIGHTS" is where I get lost.
Most anti-vaxx types aren't really scared of vaccines, they're just trying to feel special and imply their own judgement is better than anyone else's.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:51 pm "we don't know what's in the vax or how it works!"
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... /mrna.html

And even that can be solved with a little bit of research from trusted sources.

The problem is anti-vaxxers… don’t use said sources.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

They're in their own little bubble. It'd be amusing if it weren't so dangerous.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

You know I'm quite the anti-vaxxer myself lol *shrug*

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

goji89 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:31 pm You know I'm quite the anti-vaxxer myself lol *shrug*
In general or just for covid?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:48 pm
goji89 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:31 pm You know I'm quite the anti-vaxxer myself lol *shrug*
Covid.

But I'm not those crazy loons crying for "My freedoms" and shyt. I wear masks where it's implemented I have no problem with that, I've worked with it for 10 hrs at my job I can deal with 30 minutes in a store or wherever. I take precautions as best I can to avoid getting others sick. My entire family had it even me but luckily we never experienced symptons except for very minor cough that lasted a day. I don't tell others what to do especially with this going around and if people want to get it it's fine and if they don't it's on them just wish they'd turn down the rhetoric and drinking or taking animal drugs that right there is crazy.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Why?

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

I think I can see where this is going from a mile away, so please remember to remain civil in your discussions here. If you can't remain polite and respectful even if other people do things or take stances you personally and morally disagree with (and so long as the other person isn't trolling or trying to incite stuff), then please do not post. Thank you.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^It's been civil so far, but I understand your concerns.

I'm interested to hear BioGoji's stance on this issue, same with a lot of my conservative family and friends. I can't dismiss them until I hear their reasoning in full.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

goji89 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:26 pm
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:48 pm
Covid.

But I'm not those crazy loons crying for "My freedoms" and shyt. I wear masks where it's implemented I have no problem with that, I've worked with it for 10 hrs at my job I can deal with 30 minutes in a store or wherever. I take precautions as best I can to avoid getting others sick. My entire family had it even me but luckily we never experienced symptons except for very minor cough that lasted a day. I don't tell others what to do especially with this going around and if people want to get it it's fine and if they don't it's on them just wish they'd turn down the rhetoric and drinking or taking animal drugs that right there is crazy.
But that doesn't answer WHY you're anti COVID vax.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Spuro wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:38 pm
Why?
Well not everyone trusts "trusted sources." The pharmaceutical industry, American healthcare system, and frankly most doctors I've met are nowhere near above reproach. It doesn't help that if one even dares to wonder if the vaccine is fully safe they typically get chased out of town with pitchforks. (Though I understand that unfortunately most people who question the safety of the vax aren't interested in conversation.)

Myself and many people I know have got by just fine wearing masks and being hygienic. What really pissed me off was all the people who got the vax and suddenly decided covid was over, went around everywhere without a mask, and now are bitching that they have to mask up again. I think it was silly for Fauci to try and incentivize people to get the vax with the promise of it being safe to take the mask off, and it's a good example of people maybe trusting their "trusted sources" too far.

Unfortunately for myself I'm probably going to have to get the jab soon because I'm starting school and have started a new job where nobody wears a mask. I'm getting nervous enough to ignore my gut and take the vax.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:03 am
Spuro wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:38 pm
Why?
Well not everyone trusts "trusted sources." The pharmaceutical industry, American healthcare system, and frankly most doctors I've met are nowhere near above reproach. It doesn't help that if one even dares to wonder if the vaccine is fully safe they typically get chased out of town with pitchforks. (Though I understand that unfortunately most people who question the safety of the vax aren't interested in conversation.)

Myself and many people I know have got by just fine wearing masks and being hygienic. What really pissed me off was all the people who got the vax and suddenly decided covid was over, went around everywhere without a mask, and now are bitching that they have to mask up again. I think it was silly for Fauci to try and incentivize people to get the vax with the promise of it being safe to take the mask off, and it's a good example of people maybe trusting their "trusted sources" too far.

Unfortunately for myself I'm probably going to have to get the jab soon because I'm starting school and have started a new job where nobody wears a mask. I'm getting nervous enough to ignore my gut and take the vax.
Pretty much all of this.

Major I salute you.

Yes, I find it hard to believe that this shot is safe given that people still die from Covid even when they are fully vaccinated. You get (some) extremely sick from these shots so much so that people I know have either missed work for a week have gotten severe rashes and so forth. I also don't like that you can't speak out about the shots because just like here you get questioned fast and judged to high fucking Hell. People questioned big tech pharma for years now *crickets*.
So much more that just doesn't jive with me. People still die from covid after the shots, get in some cases extremely sick from it, still get Covid after the shot, can't question it whatsoever, there are new mutated strands of it emerging now requiring booster shots etc, etc. The shot is a symptom mitagater. They said you couldn't spread it after the shot but that was proven that you still can, you can still get the virus and still pass along the virus and people still blame the unvaccinated as the driving force for this. So what's the point? It's not ending it's just so you the individual doesn't die from it, your still gonna get it, still pass it along this thing is here to stay. And you get smug MF'ers that act like they saved humanity from a great evil, and look down upon those that question even one thing about this great shot or rather shots. A great superiority complex that I assume is in the shots lol.
To be unvaccinated is now heresy and you don't fit in the the hive group mentality and must be ostracized. You can't say we put people in danger when vaccinated people still can pass along the virus just as much as unvaccinated people.
They get passes to act like complete smug fucking dicks towards unvaccinated people because of what they deem humanitarian efforts.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

goji89 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:32 am Yes, I find it hard to believe that this shot is safe given that people still die from Covid even when they are fully vaccinated.
While fully vaccinated people can die of covid, that's not a reason to not get the vaccine. Especially since the data shows a significant reduction in mortality for vaccinated individuals compared to vaccinated individuals.

It's like saying people die in car crashes despite buckling their seat belts, so I shouldn't wear a seat belt. I mean, even Donald Trump (who touted the myth of vaccines causing autism) had the wherewithall to take the shot.
You get (some) extremely sick from these shots so much so that people I know have either missed work for a week have gotten severe rashes and so forth.
Given how the alternative is intubation and death, are a few rare cases of vaccine reactions enough to warrant avoiding them?
I also don't like that you can't speak out about the shots because just like here you get questioned fast and judged to high fucking Hell.
How is asking someone why they don't want to take a vaccine "judging to high fucking hell"? If anyone is getting on their high horse, it's the guy calling vaccinated people "smug fucking dicks" with "superiority complexes".
People have questioned big tech pharma for years now *crickets*.
Because offering a free vaccine in the middle of a global pandemic is a different situation than, say, artificially raising the prices of insulin and chemo drugs. As someone who is deeply against big corpos, even I know this isn't the time and place to rage against the big pharma machine.
They said you couldn't spread it after the shot but that was proven that you still can, you can still get the virus and still pass along the virus and

Except when you look at the numbers, transmission rates for vaccinated individuals are significantly lower than unvaccinated individuals.
people still blame the unvaccinated as the driving force for this.
And the vast majority of COVID deaths/serious illnesses nowadays are among unvaccinated individuals, even with variants. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck...
He/him/his