Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: Official News topic

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

For the record, just sending in your whole entire army and vaporizing a country isn't how invasions like this work. They're trying to win Ukraine and absorb it, not decimate it. That's why Ukraine has a measure of power here. Putin wants it intact.
why do you think the US keeps getting btfod out of every country we invade
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:54 pm For the record, just sending in your whole entire army and vaporizing a country isn't how invasions like this work. They're trying to win Ukraine and absorb it, not decimate it. That's why Ukraine has a measure of power here. Putin wants it intact.
why do you think the US keeps getting btfod out of every country we invade
I don't think Putin anticipated the fierce resistance we are seeing from the Ukranians. He thought his foreign currency reserves would sustain him through this, but I'm not sure he anticipated the war would be this costly. I don't think they can keep this up for ten years if there is an Iraqi-style insurgency throughout Ukraine. But we'll see, perhaps once Ukraine's conventional army is completely wiped out, the cost of war will go down. It all remains to be seen and all we can do is really speculate as to what Russia's strategy for war is. Ukraine's conventional army seems to be doing better than expected, at least according to western media sources. They have surpirsed me as well, to an extent. This was never going to be an easy war for the Russians, in my opinion.

Edit: I could be wrong about all this and Russia could be sitting pretty just waiting to bring in its larger forces.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I dont think I stated it here, but my 2cents on the matter.

Russia wanted to go in deep and fast. Capture or surround Kyiv and force them into a horribly 1 sided deal to "legitimize" their occupation before NATO can respond and resolve or even deal repercutions if they can force the Ukraine President into admitting he was a terrorist (or something along the lines of delegitimizing them). Russia is stalling for time with the NATO veto but the Ukraine resistance is strong and they are running out of time before NATO gets more involved.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Only scenario where I see Putin going “fuck it” and pressing the button is some Berlin ‘45 scenario. Moscow is surrounded by the ideological enemies of Russia, and as a last ditch effort, launches nukes. But yeah if Russia doesn’t put Ukraine down fast, they’re fucked. The real master of evil, China, has been having to bail them out, and if the Ruskis provoke NATO any more they’re pretty dead.

I don’t claim to be a geopolitical expert or anything, but I know a thing or two.

-Russian tech is overwhelmingly subpar. Looking at clips of the war, they’re using vehicles like the variants of the BMP-2 IFV and variants of the T-72 MBT. These, while effective against a relatively poorer nation, such as Ukraine, would be ROFLSTOMPED by NATO vehicles. The American M1A2 Abrams, the French Leclerc XLR, the British Challenger 2, the German Leopard 2A7, Italian Ariete, and a vast majority of Tanks in the NATO arsenal would curbstomp the Russian armoured forces. And that’s just the tanks, NATO IFVs are also superior to their Russian counterparts.

-Russian Economy is pretty bad. 6 NATO countries have a higher GDP than Russia, and many non NATO allies either come close or surpass Russia, like Japan and my own home of Australia. Now that they’ve been removed from swift, Russian money is pretty much gone from external banks, and they’re gonna suffer for it.

-Western Unity. No way Putin could have anticipated such a unanimous opinion from NATO and her allies. NATO’s stepped up their game, and all their members are preparing for a conflict in unison. Even NATO’s major allies like Japan and Australia have been taking great action and voiced support for Ukraine. That’s gotta be worrying not only for Putin, but for Xi Jingping. If an attack on Ukraine causes unity in NATO and abroad, we can expect a similar and perhaps even greater unifying force if Taiwan is attacked. Maybe the Asia-Pacific NATO idea of the quad will finally take action (something that I’m personally hoping for).
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnew ... igh-alert/
President Vladimir Putin ordered Russian nuclear deterrent forces put on alert Sunday in response to what he called "aggressive statements" by leading NATO powers.

The move means Putin has ordered Russia's nuclear weapons prepared for increased readiness to launch, raising the threat that the tensions could boil over into a nuclear war. In giving it, the Russian leader also cited hard-hitting financial sanctions imposed by the West against Russia, including Putin himself.
oh no
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

This shit getting real REAL fast.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

EDIT: Deleted
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I just wanna say if things get glowy green, I'm sorry for any ruckus I've caused, and I'm proud to have known all you goofballs and scamps.
(And King of the Monsters is an ok watch, I'll admit it)
Apparently there's reports Ukraine forces took out a column of Chechen tanks and a general. I don't think it's been verified yet.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:19 am I just wanna say if things get glowy green, I'm sorry for any ruckus I've caused, and I'm proud to have known all you goofballs and scamps.
(And King of the Monsters is an ok watch, I'll admit it)
Apparently there's reports Ukraine forces took out a column of Chechen tanks and a general. I don't think it's been verified yet.
Only place I'd worry about being nuked is Ukraine if Putin realizes there's no victory here at this point (More on my thoughts below). If Putin pulls that trigger... Russia is doomed. I think every nation is going to take up arms and topple Putin if he shows he's willing to just throw that much power around. Would a nuclear exchange happen? God, I hope not. But man, this is some scary shit.

As for Ukraine, even if their government is toppled, Russia's long term plans have just failed. The PEOPLE are fighting off Russia, not just their army. Simple civilians. Even if Russia topples the government, they made an enemy out of the public. They have no hope of installing a new set up without the public challenging it every step. So unless Russia is planning on turning Ukraine into a new Middle East, there is no victory for them here.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I really really really hope that Putin is bluffing. Kim Jong-un was revealed to be bluffing behind the curtains from this quote by BigDaddyJohn
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.p ... =65382.390

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I've never wished Death on anyone before but at this point if Putin got taken out the world would be better off.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:26 pm I've never wished Death on anyone before but at this point if Putin got taken out the world would be better off.
Shouldn’t say that around here. I’ve been warned for similar comments around a similar dictator. I somewhat agree though.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Voyager wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:20 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:26 pm I've never wished Death on anyone before but at this point if Putin got taken out the world would be better off.
Shouldn’t say that around here. I’ve been warned for similar comments around a similar dictator. I somewhat agree though.
I apologize but if it's one warning I'll take it at this point. Putin has killed hundreds of innocent people in a week and is threatening the lifes of so many more with threatening to use nukes.

Their are people out there a lot braver then me expressing frustration on a message board.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I really hope this isn't the hill we die on as a civilization. As a species.

Honda, Tanaka and the others must be rolling in their graves right now.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Breakdown wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:10 pm I really hope this isn't the hill we die on as a civilization. As a species.

Honda, Tanaka and the others must be rolling in their graves right now.
Definitely not. We’ve survived this far, we’re not quitting now. If anything kills civilisation, it’s nihilism and lack of belief in itself. This is a possible chance for the West and friends to rise again.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 24570.html

Here's what's going on at home btw.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I seriously think there is somethin "off" with Putin. His actions aren't making any sense. NATO is so much stronger than it was even two weeks ago. And confidence is growing for NATO in the states. All of this seems contrary to his objectives.

Added in 2 minutes 12 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:36 pm https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 24570.html

Here's what's going on at home btw.
As someone who leans right, I just want to go hide in a corner. She is so embarassing.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Things didn't go his way and he's lost the plot.
For Emperor and Empire!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I understand the feeling behind this, but can we PLEASE refrain from posting this on an open forum? I stated it in the original post when we re-opened it, and I'm going to repeat it again. Again, I fully understand why people feel this way, but it's really easy to just not post about it.

This is the last time I'll ask. After this, it'll be warning(s). Please, guys. Thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Does everyone think Putin is bluffing and just using fear tactics?
I hope he is, God I seriously hope he is
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.