Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Official News topic

Post by goji89 »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:17 pm
I get what you are saying, but can you really categorize Goji89's comments as dangerous? I don't think anyone on this forum has any real influence over the general population. I hope I don't get warned or anything for this as a 20+ year user of the forum. I don't mean to disrespect your authority on this forum, but I think you are attributing influence where this is none. I don't think anyone is dying from posts on a Godzilla forum, and I don't think we should pretend that they are. Again, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it seems a little harsh in my opinion.
Thanks man, appreciate that. Major and I too found it ridiculous but people that don't follow the left agenda will always get warnings here.

I'm over it anyways.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:41 pm
I get what you are saying, but can you really categorize Goji89's comments as dangerous? I don't think anyone on this forum has any real influence over the general population. I hope I don't get warned or anything for this as a 20+ year user of the forum. I don't mean to disrespect your authority on this forum, but I think you are attributing influence where this is none. I don't think anyone is dying from posts on a Godzilla forum, and I don't think we should pretend that they are. Again, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it seems a little harsh in my opinion.
Thanks man, appreciate that. Major and I too found it ridiculous but people that don't follow the left agenda will always get warnings here.

I'm over it anyways.
You say that like the Mods have warned people who are left leaning as you would say. Did you forget you called out a left leaning member in this thread and the Mods warned him for wishing death on the non vaccinated.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:04 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:41 pm

I'm over it anyways.
You say that like the Mods have warned people who are left leaning as you would say. Did you forget you called out a left leaning member in this thread and the Mods warned him for wishing death on the non vaccinated.
I don't want to get into it but he didn't get warned just a reminder to not say things like that again while others like me get warned flat out. Dude, everyone here knows it's a left leaning administration here and it's cool. Hell, one of them is part of the Satanic temple come on now.

But like I said it's alright it's o.k just extremely biased. But that's the forum we live in today.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

I don't think the staff's motives here are driven by partisanship. That being said, shadowgigan raises some good points in what is a complex issue.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:11 pm I don't think the staff's motives here are driven by partisanship. That being said, shadowgigan raises some good points in what is a complex issue.
You're right.

I'll add that some of the Mods if not most are pretty good guy's.
Last edited by goji89 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:04 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:41 pm Major and I too found it ridiculous but people that don't follow the left agenda will always get warnings here.

I'm over it anyways.
Hell, I got warned by Gira at the same time as goji89 and Major did for responding to the discussion after Maritonic told us to drop it. As much as you'd like to claim that the staff is unfairly targeting right-wingers over left-wingers, that's just plain false in this example.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I'm dropping this because it's not worth it to me... *shrug*.

One thing I'll add, every moderator here is cool just one in particular I have a problem with.

Maritonic chose well, and ironically the one from the Satanic temple is one I respect the most lol go figure.
Last edited by goji89 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I think it is safe to say that Biden has been an absolute disaster. I wish I could say I was shocked.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Chrispy_G wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:33 am I think it is safe to say that Biden has been an absolute disaster. I wish I could say I was shocked.
Where's the news Bro?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Chrispy_G wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:33 am I think it is safe to say that Biden has been an absolute disaster. I wish I could say I was shocked.
Yeah, surprise it hasn't been posted here, but that stuff with the false drone strike was absolutely horrid. I'm not appreciating him also blaming Trump for things like Afghanistan and some other issues.
However, credit where credit is due, Biden has restored sanity to America to some degree, and tried/is trying his hardest to get people vaccinated. I know you're personally against that and other things, but I do believe he's trying his hardest and doing what he can. And one good thing he has been doing is helping restore relations with other countries throughout the world.

But everyone on here, last year, never thought Biden was the best, or what we'd like, just that we all thought he'd be better than Trump. Say what you want, but I feel there's an air of stability and trust to everything now. It felt like last year America was the worst it's ever been, and now I can feel much more relaxed. Even if you don't like Biden, I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Also, this is a polite and personal suggestion, but in this thread and other threads with controversial opinions, can we try to be a bit more polite to each other here on out? :angel:
(not directed at you CrispyG, everyone pretty much).
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:37 amYeah, surprise it hasn't been posted here, but that stuff with the false drone strike was absolutely horrid. I'm not appreciating him also blaming Trump for things like Afghanistan and some other issues.
Also concerning is his administration continuing to push for offshore drilling despite being shown the IPCC's latest climate change report.

C'mon Joe, you were doing great when you signed us back into the Paris Climate Agreement. Don't kowtow to the fossil fuel corporations. You're better than that.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Amen brother. Especially the new nuclear deal and Macron getting pissed by this new administration's deals.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Trump is very much hugely responsible for COVID getting as bad as it did. If he had taken it seriously, urged everyone to be smart about and had not politicized masks, not only would we be better off but the numbskull would have probably won reelection.

No matter what Biden does, I'll still put him above Trump just for that. As far as I'm concerned, the blood of over 600k Americans is on Trump's hands.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:46 pm Trump is very much hugely responsible for COVID getting as bad as it did. If he had taken it seriously, urged everyone to be smart about and had not politicized masks, not only would we be better off but the numbskull would have probably won reelection.

No matter what Biden does, I'll still put him above Trump just for that. As far as I'm concerned, the blood of over 600k Americans is on Trump's hands.
That's cute.

He isn't remotely responsible for 600k deaths but people just love to blame him for everything, the scapegoat for the left, something bad happens blame Trump and his supporters.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:46 pm Trump is very much hugely responsible for COVID getting as bad as it did. If he had taken it seriously, urged everyone to be smart about and had not politicized masks, not only would we be better off but the numbskull would have probably won reelection.

This. I thought Trump was an idiot the first three years of his presidency. I knew he guilty of everything from tax evasion to sexual assault. But I could, like… live with that? He was still horrible, and the US’s reputation was still pretty bad globally, but I had none of that absolute seething hatred for the man until Covid struck. Trump deliberately and knowingly lied multiple times to try to downplay the virus, politicized the pandemic, riled up his supporters into ignoring safety mandates like masking and social distancing, and failed to respond to the virus is a thoughtful or meaningful way despite knowing it was a threat. He didn’t take it seriously, and lives and livelihoods were lost because of it. He didn’t take it seriously, and his base followed suite. Trump has more American blood on his hands than Osama Bin Ladan ever did.

Not to mention the whole January 6th incident where Trump tried to start a god damn insurrection. If 600k dead isn’t unforgivable enough, then how about high treason in a bid to gain power? And the strangest part of it all is no one seems to give a shit, or worse, even try to defend it. America’s fucked.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Spuro wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:47 pm Trump has more American blood on his hands than Osama Bin Ladan ever did.
This has got to be the most liberal and dumbest not to mention disrespectful take I've seen.

You blame Trump more than a terrorist? Yup, America is fucked with hot liberal opinions like this.

Trump had a never before global pandemic on his hands the likes of which wasn't in any handbooks, could he have handled it better of course but to blame him more than Osama ?
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

goji89 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:02 pm
Spuro wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:47 pm Trump has more American blood on his hands than Osama Bin Ladan ever did.
This has got to be the most liberal and dumbest not to mention disrespectful take I've seen.

You blame Trump more than a terrorist? Yup, America is fucked with hot liberal opinions like this.

Trump had a never before global pandemic on his hands the likes of which wasn't in any handbooks, could he have handled it better of course but to blame him more than Osama ?
Alright time out. Time RIGHT the hell out. Considering Trump's policies and how poorly he has handled the pandemic while also ignoring or trying to downplay medical experts telling him to take it serously, yes he has a lot of blood on his hands. Is it as much as the leader of a terrorist organization? I don't know, and frankly I do not care. But trying to downplay the rammifications of how Trump handled this is frankly asinine. He is a VERY big reason why the US is still in the mess it currently is.

And Goji, you've been told before, several times, to not flame-bait and insult other people. If you can't be respectful and civil to whoever you are talking to, then don't talk. It's that simple. And you should know what you are saying is only going to rile up and piss off people on the other spectrum.

Enjoy your warning, and a month long vacation from TK, Goji89. Feel free to keep thinking I'm specifically targeting you out if you want, but when you keep blasting off the airhorns and waving a sign saying "I wanna fight everyone else's options and be passive aggressively disruptive!"... that's on you.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Alright, I got ninjaed by a staff member before I could respond, so I’ll delete most of that stuff meant for goji.

But I did want to set one thing straight for the record: I’m not “blaming Trump more than Bin Ladin.” The two situations aren’t comparable.

I just stated that Trump has more American blood on his hands, which is unfortunately true when we look at the numbers: Covid’s claimed the lives of over 650,000 Americans alone. That’s over two-hundred times the death toll of 9/11. Even with the 20 year Afghanistan war taken into consideration, Covid’s claimed more American lives.

My intent isn’t to be disrespectful, it’s just to point out how bad Trump’s mismanagement of Covid really was.
Last edited by Spuro on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Exactly, Spuro. If Trump had just told people to wear the damn mask and had not let his rampaging ego get in the way of understanding how serious this is, we probably wouldn't have a significant fraction of Americans refusing to get vaccinated or calling people who wear masks sheep. If their cult hero had taken it seriously from day one, they would have listened and we wouldn't be here now. And Trump would have gotten a second term. It's gotten so bad and things are so far gone that, months later, when Trump did say people should wear masks, his fanbase didn't care.

No other president in recently memory, be they Republican or Democrat, would have screwed up that bad.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Damn you, China. I’m really hoping Johnson and Biden especially are going to back us up. I’m hoping for my life.

China state media warns Australia could become ‘potential target for nuclear strike’ due to new AUKUS pact.

Dear lord, have mercy on us all.
For Emperor and Empire!