Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Official News topic

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:25 pm While what Kmax did was in poor taste he didn't mock anyone's death and he apologized for his behavior. We all have done stupid poop when we're emotional.
He didn't apologize. Looking up someone's death related to proving a political point is in very bad taste. And let it be known that Spuro said people needed to die from the virus, which regardless is really messed up. Yet nothing. *maybe*

Hypothetical...What if I said someone needed to die because of what I believe? You know I'd be given warnings for flamebaiting and this and that and everyone would cry foul. Let's be real. Difference is I don't apologize after it because I own up to it.

Either way it's done and time to move on.

I've said my peace on the matter.

Also Miguel.... your post is a good example of this.

You see these posts above about what it is, but then you act like it's no big deal because it's something that you yourself side with. Now think for a second if this was two conservatives speaking about Liberals, you and I both know your tone would have been different.

And yeah, I'm done with this.

Shows over guy's lol. Time to tip your waiters.
Last edited by goji89 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

goji89 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:45 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:25 pm While what Kmax did was in poor taste he didn't mock anyone's death and he apologized for his behavior. We all have done stupid poop when we're emotional.
He didn't apologize. Looking up someone's death related to proving a political point is in very bad taste. And let it be known that Spuro said people needed to die from the virus, which regardless is really messed up. Yet nothing. *maybe*

Hypothetical...What if I said someone needed to die because of what I believe? You know I'd be given warnings for flamebaiting and this and that and everyone would cry foul. Let's be real. Difference is I don't apologize after it because I own up to it.

Either way it's done and time to move on.

I've said my peace on the matter.
You're right Spuro said sorry in his post.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Regardless of whatever your own political beliefs are, it’s pretty obvious to everyone that wishing death, or feeling espousing ambivalency in said circumstances is in poor taste and unneeded. Unneeded is the key word and Kmanx and others have said similar things before. Let’s be careful, and move on from here, okay?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:18 pm Regardless of whatever your own political beliefs are, it’s pretty obvious to everyone that wishing death, or feeling espousing ambivalency in said circumstances is in poor taste and unneeded. Unneeded is the key word and Kmanx and others have said similar things before. Let’s be careful, and move on from here, okay?
This is a problem with humanity as a whole especially in the internet age. I've seen people in literally every walk of life wish death on someone if their opinion differed enough from them.

Something happened where wishing death on someone became the norm sadly. For example wrestling fans were encouraged to do this to heels, now people on social media throw the threat around way too loosely.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:24 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:18 pm Regardless of whatever your own political beliefs are, it’s pretty obvious to everyone that wishing death, or feeling espousing ambivalency in said circumstances is in poor taste and unneeded. Unneeded is the key word and Kmanx and others have said similar things before. Let’s be careful, and move on from here, okay?
This is a problem with humanity as a whole especially in the internet age. I've seen people in literally every walk of life wish death on someone if their opinion differed enough from them.

Something happened where wishing death on someone became the norm sadly. For example wrestling fans were encouraged to do this to heels, now people on social media throw the threat around way too loosely.
I agree.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Just to build off this, if you cannot engage in a civil discussion on these kinds of topics without eishing death on X people or flipping your shit, then do not partake in the discussion at all. We are all supposed to be reasonable, mature adults. If this kind of discussion is too much, then just turn away and go elsewhere.

Any future such claims will get an immediate pair of warnings dropped on the offenders, no ifs, no ands, no buts. This kind of behavior is unacceptable on TK, simple as that.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/9/22570 ... etition-eo
Biden is trying to get net neutrality back on the menu!
Suck it Ajit 8-)
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... hite-house
Man, here it is. Looks like some potentially solid proof that Russia wanted to get Trump in as President at all costs. The document, if genuine, says they wanted to exploit the growing divide between left and right in America, planting "social viruses" that would spread on their own, and ensuring Trump got in to harm the president's negotiating power. It would also seem to confirm they leaked DNC emails to bolster Trump's chances, and that kompromat on Trump was collected when he visited the country prior to his being elected. They considered him to be "mentally unstable" and to carry a significant inferiority complex.
If this document is genuine, which it sounds like it is... I need a cigarette.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Last edited by goji89 on Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Could the Cuban regime's days be numbered? Or will they just pull a Tianamen Square and things will go back to normal like nothing happened?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:44 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohZJRb_ ... eraEnglish

Could the Cuban regime's days be numbered? Or will they just pull a Tianamen Square and things will go back to normal like nothing happened?
Doubt such a small country like Cuba could get away with a massacre in the vein of Tiananmen Square, especially one only 230 kilometres from the US.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I would love for them to explain how this isn't prejudice.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox10t ... e.amp.html

We need Patrick Starr right about now.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:36 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox10t ... e.amp.html

We need Patrick Starr right about now.
The bill would not ban any of the listed topics from being taught, but instead will not require them as part of the curriculum. Each school would be responsible for deciding whether or not to teach these topics.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

goji89 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:46 pmEach school would be responsible for deciding whether or not to teach these topics.
How is that any better?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Terasawa wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:48 pm
goji89 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:46 pmEach school would be responsible for deciding whether or not to teach these topics.
How is that any better?
It's a choice they'll have to make and not be forced upon them.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

goji89 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:49 pm
Terasawa wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:48 pm
How is that any better?
It's a choice they'll have to make and not be forced upon them.
What's wrong with having the civil rights history of this country "forced upon them"?

What's the educational benefit of leaving the curriculum up to individual school systems?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple