Celebrity Obituaries and Passings

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Celebrity Obituaries and Passings

Post by Terasawa »

Norman Lloyd, one of the last ties to Hollywood's golden years.

Daily Mail: Sean Connery's younger brother Neil who appeared in spoof James Bond movie and had voice just like his famous sibling's gravelly rasp has died at 82 after long illness
Last edited by Terasawa on Wed May 12, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Charles Grodin, of the '76 King Kong remake, has passed away at age 86.
Last edited by H-Man on Tue May 18, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

A bit old, but Berserk author Kentaro Miura died on May 6th. I think it's just been publicized today. This sucks. RIP
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:34 pm A bit old, but Berserk author Kentaro Miura died on May 6th. I think it's just been publicized today. This sucks. RIP
"Sucks" is putting it mildly.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

NSZ wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:52 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:34 pm A bit old, but Berserk author Kentaro Miura died on May 6th. I think it's just been publicized today. This sucks. RIP
"Sucks" is putting it mildly.
Who will finish Berserk?! Or will they just discontinue the manga?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed May 19, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:35 pm Who will finish Berserk?!
Nobody. I think that's a given at this point.

I haven't read too much of Berserk, but what i did read was an excellent story, and it is upsetting that Miura isn't going to be able to finish the story he wanted to tell. R.I.P man.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue May 25, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Aww what?! He seemed so active not long ago too.. R.I.P man.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Robert Hall. Special effects make-up artist, and director of films and T.V. shows Fear Clinic and eps of TEEN WOLF . And films such as the Fear Clinic flick, and the LAID TO REST
flicks. Introducing us to the slasher Chromeskull. Passed away unexpectedly yesterday of as yet unknown causes.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/366 ... teen-wolf/
Last edited by The One and Only on Wed May 26, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Gavin MacLeod (Mary Tyler Moore, The Love Boat), age 90

and

B.J. Thomas ("Hooked on a Feeling," "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head"), age 78
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Damn, B.J Thomas ..... loved his songs. His Hank Williams cover song was great believe it was "I'm so lonesome I could cry". Correct me if I'm wrong.

But either way damn.

R.I.P

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Joe Lara, of "Tarzan: The Epic Adventures" and American Cyborg: Steel Warrior was killed in a plane crash at age 58.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Paul Soles, the voice of the original animated Spider-Man, has passed away.

https://www.thewrap.com/paul-soles-anim ... s-dies-90/
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

H-Man wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:55 pm Joe Lara, of "Tarzan: The Epic Adventures" and American Cyborg: Steel Warrior was killed in a plane crash at age 58.
Woah! Too bad. I rather enjoyed his Tarzan show.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Clarence Williams III has passed at age 81 from colon cancer. Too bad, always liked him.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cla ... 44311.html
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Aw shit Ned Beatty kicked the bucket!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... ssion=true
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Reporter Christopher Sign, passed away this weekend due to an apparent suicide at the age of 45. Sign is noted as the investigative journalist who broke the story about Attorney General Lorretta Lynch's rather hinky, "surprise" meeting with former president Bill Clinton on the runway tarmac. He even wrote a book about his coverage, investigation of the meeting between the two, The Secret On The Tarmac.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... d-suicide/
He ends up joining a rather exclusive, morbid club of individuals who died under suspicious circumstances that crossed the Clintons, or were a threat to them over the years.

"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

^ False.
Multiple versions of lengthy lists of deaths associated with Bill Clinton have been circulating online for about twenty years now (including the latest iteration, titled “The List of Clinton Associates Who Allegedly Died Mysteriously. Check It Out”). According to those lists, close to fifty colleagues, advisors, and citizens who were about to testify against the Clintons died in suspect circumstances, with the unstated implication being that Bill Clinton or his henchmen were behind each untimely demise.

We shouldn’t have to tell anyone not to believe this claptrap, but we will anyway. In a frenzied media climate where the Chief Executive couldn’t boff a White House intern without the whole world finding out every niggling detail of each encounter and demanding his removal from office, are we seriously to believe the same man had been having double handfuls of detractors and former friends murdered with impunity?

Don’t be swayed by the number of names listed on screeds like this. Any public figure is bound to have a much wider circle of acquaintance than an ordinary citizen would. Moreover, the acquaintanceship is often one-sided: though many of the people enumerated on this list might properly claim to have “known” Clinton, he wouldn’t know or remember having met a great number of them.

“Body count” lists are not a new phenomenon. Lists documenting all the allegedly “suspicious” deaths of persons connected with the assassination of John F. Kennedy have been circulating for decades, and the same techniques used to create and spread the JFK lists have been employed in the Clinton version:

List every dead person with even the most tenuous of connections to your subject. It doesn’t matter how these people died, or how tangential they were to your subject’s life. The longer the list, the more impressive it looks and the less likely anyone will be to challenge it. By the time readers get to the bottom of the list, they’ll be too weary to wonder what could possibly be relevant about the death of people such as Bill Clinton’s mother’s chiropractor.

Play word games. Make sure every death is presented as “mysterious.” All accidental deaths are to be labelled “suspicious,” even though by definition accidents occur when something unexpected goes wrong. Every self-inflicted death discussed must include the phrase “ruled a suicide” to imply just the opposite. When an autopsy contradicts a “mysterious death” theory, dispute it; when none was performed because none was needed, claim that “no autopsy was allowed.” Make liberal use of words such as ‘allegedly’ and ‘supposedly’ to dismiss facts you can’t support or contradict with hard evidence.

Make sure every inconsistency or unexplained detail you can dredge up is offered as evidence of a conspiracy, no matter how insignificant or pointless it may be. If an obvious suicide is discovered wearing only one shoe, ignore the physical evidence of self-inflicted death and dwell on the missing shoe. You don’t have to establish an alternate theory of the death; just keep harping that the missing shoe “can’t be explained.”

If the data doesn’t fit your conclusion, ignore it. You don’t have to explain why the people who claimed to have the most damaging goods on Bill Clinton (e.g., Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Linda Tripp, Monica Lewinsky, Kenneth Starr), walked around unscathed while dozens of bit players were supposedly bumped off. It’s inconvenient for you, so don’t mention it.

Most important, don’t let facts and details stand in your way! If you can pass off a death by pneumonia as a “suicide,” do it! If a cause of death contradicts your conspiracy theory, claim it was “never determined.” If your chronology of events is impossible, who cares? It’s not like anybody is going to check up on this stuff …

Multiple versions of this “body count” list have been circulating online for two decades now. New victim names are routinely added and old ones taken off, forming an endless variety of permutations. At this point, there is no one “official” list.

But where did all this craziness start? In a 1994 letter to congressional leaders, former Rep. William Dannemeyer listed 24 people with some connection to Clinton who had died “under other than natural circumstances” and called for hearings on the matter.

Dannemeyer’s list of “suspicious deaths” was largely taken from one compiled by Linda Thompson, an Indianapolis lawyer who in 1993 quit her year-old general practice to run her American Justice Federation, a for-profit group that promotes pro-gun causes and various conspiracy theories through a shortwave radio program, a computer bulletin board, and sales of its newsletter and videos.

Her list, called “The Clinton Body Count: Coincidence or the Kiss of Death?” then contained the names of 34 people she believed had died suspiciously and who had ties to the Clinton family. Thompson admitted she had “no direct evidence” of Clinton’s killing anyone. Indeed, she said the deaths were probably caused by “people trying to control the President” but refused to say who they were. Thompson said her allegations of murder “seem groundless only because the mainstream media haven’t done enough digging.”

Ah, but they had. If not before she put her list together, at least afterwards. Anyone who continues to state the mainstream media has given these claims short shrift is being disingenuous.

Since 1994, various respected news outlets have been confronted with versions of the “Clinton Body Count” list, run their own investigations of a few of the claims, and found nothing to substantiate what they looked into. Those investigations would culminate in yet another story about an oddball conspiracy rumor.

But conspiracy theories don’t die that easily. These “body count” lists and the many specious claims contained therein continue to circulate in cyberspace and beyond: yesterday’s newspaper articles are forgotten with the next day’s delivery, but e-mail lives forever.
Much much more.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

This thread is for obituaries and memorials, not for political disputes. Drop it or take it to a relevant thread.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.