The unofficial random questions thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Re: The unofficial random questions thread

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

master_of_monsters wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:29 pm how is a (USA) football a ball if it isn't spherical?
Well, you see.....yeah, I don't know.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:03 pm
kingkevzilla88 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:13 pm What comic is this from? I really want to read it!
Don't know exact issue, but the fact that it's Batman and Cyclops (and Superman in the back there) tells me this is from the Marvel vs DC event in the 90s that was the lead up to the Amalgam comics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_vs._Marvel

I'm sure they're kicking around somewhere.
Thanks, i I've managed to find where it came from. Marvel DC All Access #4, a comic that never be repainted.

Tyrannoraptor
Monsterland Worker

Was there ever a crocodile as big as 7 meters long even in the modern real world?

Post by Tyrannoraptor »

Has any crocodile (esp either the saltwater or Nile variant) ever grew that big before?

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Was there ever a crocodile as big as 7 meters long even in the modern real world?

Post by Voyager »

This is very simple to answer. Yes. In 1955, a Polish immigrant shot dead a Crocodile in Northern Queensland, Australia. The Saltwater Crocodile measured to be an astounding...

8.6 Metres!

For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Was there ever a crocodile as big as 7 meters long even in the modern real world?

Post by Spuro »

viewtopic.php?p=1782745#p1782745

Use this thread, dude.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

The one ''VoyagerGoji'' posted is called Kry's The Savannah King

28.4 feet or 8.63 meters, weighing over 2 tons. He was shot in July, 1957 on the Macarthur Bank of the Norman River, Normanton, Queensland.

They have a replica of the beast. Here are pictures of the replica and some more details.

link - https://www.weekendnotes.com/krys-the-savannah-king/

LoLong was nearly 21 feet in 2013, and there are pictures of another Crocodile estimated to be even bigger then Lolong in the Philippines. That still has yet to be caught which they assume did kill the little girl. So yeah there are still big ones out there but they get that way by staying hidden.
Last edited by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX on Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Really unlikely anyone's gonna know this one, but I'm trying to find a YouTube video I saw a few years back. It was an anime fight between a bunch of mecha set to music, I think it might have been for an anniversary or an event or a pachinko machine, something, but anyway it I think it was about 4 minutes long and pretty much self-contained, not like a clip from a show. I'm pretty sure it was 2D, but it could have been a fusion of traditional and CG. I think one of the enemy robots had like thorny tentacles it used, but the most vivid memory from the battle was one of the robots had a missile that fired from it's belt buckle, which led to a pretty unavoidably phallic pose as it deployed that might have been the thumbnail of the video. I'm pretty sure it wasn't any of the Mazingers, the Big O, or Getter Robo, I think it was a slimmer mecha.

Anyone have any ideas?

Tyrannoraptor
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tyrannoraptor »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:33 am This is very simple to answer. Yes. In 1955, a Polish immigrant shot dead a Crocodile in Northern Queensland, Australia. The Saltwater Crocodile measured to be an astounding...

8.6 Metres!

But was that actually real?

KaijuArmored
Ronin

Post by KaijuArmored »

Who would win a fight,Onibaba from Pacific Rim or Warhammer 40k Primarch Roboute Guilliman?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

You wake up one day and find yourself on an alien planet. What now?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:22 am You wake up one day and find yourself on an alien planet. What now?

I die from the alien atmospheric conditions
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm gonna need details to be able to answer this in any meaningful way. If it's, say, Venus, I die. If it's Tatooine, I walk to the nearest cantina and hope I can barter for a glass of blue milk.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Alright, guys. Question.

Do you consider Nausica of the Valley of the Wind to be a kaiju film?

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:23 pm Alright, guys. Question.

No, but if it will get someone to watch it then absolutely.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:23 pm Alright, guys. Question.

Sort of, it has what are consider kaiju, The Giant God Warrior. But they aren't the main focus of the film, like Gorath.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gomi has the correct answer. :lol:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kind of a versus debate related question, but is strength, speed or durability more important in a fight t you?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

That totally depends on the fighters in question. Robin has speed and agility, but they mean crap if he has no weapons that can get past the Hulk's durability.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

How do you pronounce Cthulhu's name? I always pronounced it as KU-THU-LOO, but apparently that's not how Lovecraft wanted it to be said?

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:24 am Kind of a versus debate related question, but is strength, speed or durability more important in a fight t you?

Durability, Strength, Speed in that order.