The unofficial random questions thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The unofficial random questions thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

NSZ wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:47 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:19 pm https://www.theguardian.com/culture/gal ... paddington

List of top 10 fictional bears is underwhelming and sparse.
No Katahdin? The hell kind of a sick joke is this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_(film)

Is this worth watching? I saw it has a really abysmal rating online. That's never stopped me but I don't want to slog through a long film for maybe a few minutes of good monster action.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:52 pm
NSZ wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:47 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:19 pm https://www.theguardian.com/culture/gal ... paddington

List of top 10 fictional bears is underwhelming and sparse.
No Katahdin? The hell kind of a sick joke is this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_(film)

Is this worth watching? I saw it has a really abysmal rating online. That's never stopped me but I don't want to slog through a long film for maybe a few minutes of good monster action.
Been a bit since I last seen it, but I recall the first half being a tad bit too slow for its own good outside of an honestly hilarious attack on some campers where one explodes into feathers.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

From the point of view of a martial artist, which Tokusatsu series are the best in terms of quality fight action? You know, series that reach the level of a Hong Kong movie or a Sonny Chiba series, but without the accompanying sleaze?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I've heard some people say that the Godzilla film contest that eventually spawned Biollante, someone submitted a draft where Godzilla was being mind controlled by Hitler. Is this true?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:45 am I've heard some people say that the Godzilla film contest that eventually spawned Biollante, someone submitted a draft where Godzilla was being mind controlled by Hitler. Is this true?
I don't know. But it'd be cool if Toho published (or maybe they did and I'm in the dark) a collection of all the entries they received from that contest.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Here's one for fun, what if if these directors got to direct a Godzilla movie of their own? How do you think their takes could turn out if they adapted the King of the Monsters to their own vision? Who would be in the cast?

Alejandro Jodorowsky.
Sam Raimi.
Tim Burton.
David Lynch.
Christopher Nolan.
Zack Snyder.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Can anyone name an example of a film whose first and second trailers were so radically different so as to promise two totally different movies?

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

H-Man wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:31 am Can anyone name an example of a film whose first and second trailers were so radically different so as to promise two totally different movies?
The Comic-Con First Look and Official Trailer 1 for Suicide Squad. The Comic-Con First Look made it look like a dark and serious movie, while Official Trailer 1 made it look like an action comedy movie.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:01 am
H-Man wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:31 am Can anyone name an example of a film whose first and second trailers were so radically different so as to promise two totally different movies?
The Comic-Con First Look and Official Trailer 1 for Suicide Squad. The Comic-Con First Look made it look like a dark and serious movie, while Official Trailer 1 made it look like an action comedy movie.
Thanks! Are there any others that come to mind?

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

H-Man wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:06 am
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:01 am
Thanks! Are there any others that come to mind?
The Japanese and U.S. trailers for Godzilla 2000. The Japanese trailer is very serious, while the U.S. trailer is full of action packed fun, excitement and Rob Zombie.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Milk, Dark or White Chocolate?

I’m a milk guy myself.
For Emperor and Empire!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Voyager wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:53 pm Milk, Dark or White Chocolate?

I’m a milk guy myself.
Milk Chocolate Master Race!

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I’m a milk guy myself.
White chocolate, baby! I appreciate the more delicate, slightly floral flavor.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I’m a milk guy myself.
None

I really don’t like chocolate, unlike the vast majority of the human population, for whatever reason
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I’m a milk guy myself.
All of them. All of them are great.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I’m a milk guy myself.
I like both milk and white chocolate.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

I’m a milk guy myself.
chocolate is chocolate
your source of self destruction

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Milk chocolate. Dark is gross and white is way too rich.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Considering this is a huge topic when it comes to science, i feel like asking this is worth a shot.

Which do you guys think is the next frontier is, and which one should we focus on exploring more? The ocean, or outer space?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:44 am Considering this is a huge topic when it comes to science, i feel like asking this is worth a shot.

Which do you guys think is the next frontier is, and which one should we focus on exploring more? The ocean, or outer space?
Personally, I think mental health should be the next frontier. I think there are SO many things about the human brain that we don't know that could save tons of lives if we discovered them.

If you're asking between ocean or space, then the ocean; let's get our planet 100% before we move on to others.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.