The World Is Amazing Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

The World Is Amazing Thread

Post by ROMG4 »

It can be so easy to fall into a state of sadness or frustration especially during these times. To lose a sense of enchantment in the world and the things you enjoy due to many factors. This this is why I have created this thread to remind us of what drew us to the Internet in the first-place not to argue or bicker. But to share the many cool things of the world that we have found and experience many cool sights. In this thread post anything you found to be cool. A archaeological find, an exploration video, animals, articles, discoveries of any sort, videos. anything, the World is the limit and it is a very big one

Thread anthems (for fun!):
Spoiler:

Last edited by ROMG4 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:02 am, edited 6 times in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: The World Is Amazing Thread

Post by JAGzilla »

Best thread idea I've seen in months. If anybody is subscribed to CuriosityStream (and if not, it's only like $2.99 a month for all kinds of educational content), there's a really cool documentary I watched there the other day, called Crocodiles: Caring Killers. It highlights the unsung ordeal that Nile Crocodile mothers go through to protect their eggs, following several individuals in different situations. It's really amazing stuff, and I learned quite a bit.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Who can make a world's awesome thread and not include the Aurora Borealis?

Breathtaking.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

At this time of year, at this time of day...

Anyway, here's my first contributions:

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

JAGzilla wrote:Best thread idea I've seen in months. If anybody is subscribed to CuriosityStream (and if not, it's only like $2.99 a month for all kinds of educational content), there's a really cool documentary I watched there the other day, called Crocodiles: Caring Killers. It highlights the unsung ordeal that Nile Crocodile mothers go through to protect their eggs, following several individuals in different situations. It's really amazing stuff, and I learned quite a bit.
Ah CuriosityStream I've heard really great things about that service I've been really close to getting it sometimes but I just have so much to watch first. Though speaking of Crocodile Nests the Dikkop bird has one of the coolest symbiotic relationships in the Wild. They are utterly crazy

in this part of the country
Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

ROMG4 wrote: Ah CuriosityStream I've heard really great things about that service I've been really close to getting it sometimes but I just have so much to watch first. Though speaking of Crocodile Nests the Dikkop bird has one of the coolest symbiotic relationships in the Wild. They are utterly crazy
Yeah, the Dikkops' and crocs' mutual defense strategy was shown off in Caring Killers. I hadn't heard of it before that show, and it is really something. Seems extremely effective.

G-Force Personnel

ROMG4 wrote:Though speaking of Crocodile Nests the Dikkop bird has one of the coolest symbiotic relationships in the Wild. They are utterly crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL51jQNKswg
Oh cool that's Scrooge McDuck David Tennant's voice in the second video.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

This is something that I always enjoy cooking, every time I make it there is clean plaets all round.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Gigantis wrote:Who can make a world's awesome thread and not include the Aurora Borealis?

Breathtaking.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

your source of self destruction

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

^ I think they remade this commercial not long ago..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

master_of_monsters wrote:Boom De Yada
I haven't seen that video in so long! It must be something like 5-4 years at least, its a brilliant compilation of everything I loved about early and mid 2000s Discovery and Animal Planet. I never knew there was an extended edition of it. I found another upload of it in better quality but not as good as the original short one (which is in spoilers)

Spoiler:
Thank you for posting that
Last edited by ROMG4 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Resized Image

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

The world isn't just amazing.

The universe is amazing.

Get this: The closest planet to the sun, on average...is Mercury. Seems obvious enough.

Did you also know that, on average, the closest planet to Earth...is Mercury?

Did you also know that, on average, the closest planet to Jupiter...is Mercury?

Mercury, on average, isn't just the closest planet to the Sun, the Earth, and Jupiter.

Mercury, on average, is the closest planet to all the other planets in the Solar System.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

While I recommend watching the video all the way through. Something happens at around 1:18 that will absolutely blow you away

Though I suppose the thumbnail gives it away, lol. Trust me the sense of scale and awe you get from this video is just incredible especially with the full watch

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

If we're expanding into astronomy and the amazing universe (and we are, so come to peace with it), here's a little bit of perspective for ya:

And, of course, it deserves to be said that the distance Voyager 1 has covered is n o t h i n g. Our Solar System is an utterly irrelevant dust speck. There are billions more like it in our galaxy alone, and that galaxy is an even more irrelevant dust speck. Space is just... it manages to uplift my soul and crush it at the same time. It's truly unfathomable.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

^ I think the Voyager crafts are just amazing in thereselves. I hope maybe in the distant future we catch up with them and maybe see what they found!

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

We launched a Man-Hole cover into space and it became one of the fasted man made objects ever made. 6x the escape velocity of the Earth and 4x times faster then the Apollo Shuttle

It was THE fastest for its time too we're talking a fraction of the speed of light
Last edited by ROMG4 on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

G-Force Personnel

Speaking of man-made objects:

As if everyone hasn't already seen this.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Those robots scare me.