What religion are you?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

What religion are you?

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Religion and spirituality is a big part of a lot of people's lives. What religion do you affiliate with? Were you ever something else at another point in your life?

I grew up as a Catholic. After i was pulled from Catholic school and my parents got divorced in 4th grade, I grew distant from the church. I was many things throughout my life. Atheist/agnostic and later non-denominational christian. I bought a Bible last year and have been Catholic ever since.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Re: What religion are you?

Post by TyrantGojira »

Christian, though I'm not completely devout.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

TyrantGojira wrote:Christian, though I'm not completely devout.
Do you have a church you go to? My Grandma is a general Christian and she doesn't mind what kind of church it is. Baptist, Mormon, Presbyterian.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I have no religion. I do not accept the label "atheist," however, because I do not endorse of the notion that I must be defined relative to other people's theism.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I hate the idea of organized religion, everything I've seen from its followers they're either the most hateful people I've ever seen or they're basically hypocrites. That being said I don't not believe in a higher power I just don't believe in the rules that organized religion does. So that I guess would make me agnostic.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Somewhere between atheist and antitheist for something like the last thirteen years.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:Christian, though I'm not completely devout.
Do you have a church you go to? My Grandma is a general Christian and she doesn't mind what kind of church it is. Baptist, Mormon, Presbyterian.
I honestly haven’t been to church in years. I just haven’t found the time for it.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

eabaker wrote:I have no religion. I do not accept the label "atheist," however, because I do not endorse of the notion that I must be defined relative to other people's theism.
Same, though I do like various religious aesthetics. Which more or less boils down to "occult shit looks cool".

People who won't shut up about being atheist are just as annoying to me as the people who won't shut up about being Christian, Muslim, or Jewish.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

This thread is going surprisingly well so far.

I’m a Christian, but kind of an unconventional one. I hold beliefs (such as evolution, various other scientific principles that religious leaders refute) that most orthodox Christians would probably frown upon.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Agnostic atheist, more or less. I don't really care if a God/gods exist or not.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

I would say Agnosthic antitheist?

I don't 100% deny the existence of a God, I'm simply skeptical of It. And if God does exist, he's definitely not the God of the Abrahamic faiths, or well, of any human religion.
Those gods are human inventions to explain things they couldn't understand at the time, or propaganda to push a certain people's beliefs and ideas for political or social gain (the whole concept of Hell is because of this)
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I most definitely identify as a Christian but I refuse to adhere myself to any specific sect or beliefs. There's simply too much politics in religion these days. Jesus would be appalled at the modern state of his religion.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Normal
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

eabaker wrote:I have no religion. I do not accept the label "atheist," however, because I do not endorse of the notion that I must be defined relative to other people's theism.
This.

I fail to see why my lack of religion should in and of itself be classified the same way as any other religion.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Redacted.
Last edited by Darth Kiryu on Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'm gonna be honest, I was raised Christian but this crazy religious lady I know has been slowly driving me away over the years cause she prioritizes her "boyfriend" (God) over her own family, I babysat her son so I feel for the kid. I know not every religious person is like that but emotions aren't always logical.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

I'm a Kongisist. I grew up on a prehistoric island ruled by a giant ape we called Kong. I KNOW my God exists because I've seen him. He even destroyed my village looking for some blonde actress once.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I'm a Kongisist. I grew up on a prehistoric island ruled by a giant ape we called Kong. I KNOW my God exists because I've seen him. He even destroyed my village looking for some blonde actress once.
Yeah, same here.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Christian, in my case (baptist denomination, technically- but as far as I'm concerned, so long as they take the Bible as guide and don't add to or ignore the theology, the differences in denominations mean nothing to me).
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Christian. Kind of a born again one too after I did something VERY stupid and should have been thrown in prison for.