What religion are you?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What religion are you?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

eabaker wrote:I have no religion. I do not accept the label "atheist," however, because I do not endorse of the notion that I must be defined relative to other people's theism.
Pretty much this right here.

Though, given after I’ve moved to japan I’ve been visiting a lot of shrines and sort of sacred places, and nature stuff, as “hippyish” as it sounds I’ve developed a genuine admiration for nature and sort of understand a lot of Shintoism now.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Rhedosaurus wrote:Christian. Kind of a born again one too after I did something VERY stupid and should have been thrown in prison for.
I'm glad you found redemption in the Lord. If you ever want to share your story about what happened, i'd be happy to listen.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Normal
Unironically the best answer possible.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Though, given after I’ve moved to japan I’ve been visiting a lot of shrines and sort of sacred places, and nature stuff, as “hippyish” as it sounds I’ve developed a genuine admiration for nature and sort of understand a lot of Shintoism now.
What is Shintoism anyhow? I'm really interested by shrines, nature, and hippie shit, would be interested in hearing more. Like, the Shinto philosophy as you understand it?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Normal
Unironically the best answer possible.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Though, given after I’ve moved to japan I’ve been visiting a lot of shrines and sort of sacred places, and nature stuff, as “hippyish” as it sounds I’ve developed a genuine admiration for nature and sort of understand a lot of Shintoism now.
What is Shintoism anyhow? I'm really interested by shrines, nature, and hippie poop, would be interested in hearing more. Like, the Shinto philosophy as you understand it?
It’s a general reverence for nature and nature spirits. It’s way more informal and casual as a religion, then things like Christianity. Most people I interact with seem to follow it or agree with it to some extent, but they themselves don’t really believe it in a super serious way.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:It’s a general reverence for nature and nature spirits. It’s way more informal and casual as a religion, then things like Christianity. Most people I interact with seem to follow it or agree with it to some extent, but they themselves don’t really believe it in a super serious way.
Sounds like what a religion should be. You know, a philosophical system of beliefs. I dig it. uwu
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Christian. Kind of a born again one too after I did something VERY stupid and should have been thrown in prison for.
I'm glad you found redemption in the Lord. If you ever want to share your story about what happened, i'd be happy to listen.
I'd rather not...It's rather embarassing...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Currently Agnostic, I guess. Undecided. I don't disregard the possibility that there is a god or gods of some sort, but none of the religions I've looked into so far provide satisfactory explanations for anything. I was more or less raised Christian, went to Christian schools for a few years, and followed that belief system into my late teens. For the last few years of it, though, I was having to try to ignore my nagging doubts and questions, and eventually it all completely stopped making sense for me, both in terms of the internal narrative and because it doesn't allow for things like evolution. Admittedly the pathetic behavior of the Christian educational system played a role in driving me away, too. I generally go with a mainstream scientific kind of view of things now, though I'm fully aware that modern science has a lot to learn.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Atheist. I'd like to believe in a higher power, but I just don't. I used to pretend to be Christian to make the family happy, but I eventually came clean.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I come from the religion of my lord and savior Godzilla thank you. :P

But really,agnostic.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Protestant Christian. Raised as a Lutheran, sort of a Baptist now. I say Protestant, as I cannot get behind Catholicism, because I do not believe that any particular person speaks with the authority of God, or Jesus. The whole Pope thing is screwy to me. I also do not believe in the literal 7-Day Creation. After all, it was written by a man, Moses, and he was NOT there when it happened. Adam & Eve did not show up til' the SIXTH Day, so what constituted a "day" before that? God has no beginning, and no end, so what would be a "day" to such a Being?

Jesus, on the other hand, is another matter. He lived, he died, and he DID rise from the dead. There is an IMMENSE amount of proof that documents this. Anyone who doesn't think so, should check out the book, "The Case For Christ" by Lee Strobel. Or watch the movie, it'll do. Strobel was a journalist - and an atheist - before investigating Jesus' story. He is now a Christian...

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I feel like religion is a security blanket for people who have wronged, people who have lost loved ones, or people close to death.

With that being said, none of us know what's out there, what could've happened that far in the past (outside of what our current science has shown us), could've been anything from the supernatural to the extraterrestrial to the purely scientific.

So essentially, I believe in all religions, and no religions.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ That's called being an agnostic...

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

I am a "unique" christian, in the way that I do not follow several values of the general church.
I believe the resurrection of Jesus, but do not believe that Jesus was a prophet sent by heaven, and not an earthly prophet. I believe that Jesus was God in human form, 100% human, and 100% God.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am surprised a thread like this exists. Anyways, I am not religious at all.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ That's called being an agnostic...
Okay lol, I never really put much thought into the labels.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

I decided to start believing in fortunes, spirits, myself, charms, karma, all that dumb hippie bullshit.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

I'd say I fall in the category of atheist, though I have a few hypocritical quirks.

I have something of a self styled numerological belief. While in China I engaged in the placing small amounts of money on several religious statues and places, why I did that I'm not shore. I always count magpies because of the old poem.

I don't give much credence to any of this, there just little rituals and ideas I've engaged in despite my more material world view.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

atheist, but I do agree with ideas like the Ten Commandments or the idea of karma
your source of self destruction

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Question: I’m atheist and so is my father, the rest of my family are christians. How do I go across telling them?
For Emperor and Empire!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

VoyagerGoji wrote:Question: I’m atheist and so is my father, the rest of my family are christians. How do I go across telling them?
Depends, do they hate atheist or are they apathetic about them? Ask yourself this, would they be upset if you told them you were gay? If the answer is yes, probably not.