What made you huh?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

What made you huh?

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

Things that pique your curiosity or just make you go "huh"
Example: Western Europe is heatwaving to death while today has been the first day that it hasn`t rained where I live.
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

OneMillionTomsBC
GPN Volunteer

Re: What made you huh?

Post by OneMillionTomsBC »

James Gunn getting fired from Disney (which I discussed further in the News topic) was the most recent "HUH?" for me. I mean, the guy worked for Troma, and Disney HAD to have known that or at least seen Tromeo & Juliet before recognizing his skills as a writer/director....yet fired him over tweets he made years before he was hired to do Guardians?

WTF :| ????

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

A yak coloured Scottish highland cow (I think) and her calf that popped up when I searched 'Bos mutus' on Google.
Last edited by Andrew the Gojifan on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

Northwind1995
Ronin

Post by Northwind1995 »

I am confused at the error messages I keep getting when I try to upload a custom avatar.

Also, highland cows are adorable.
Last edited by Northwind1995 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

OneMillionTomsBC wrote:James Gunn getting fired from Disney (which I discussed further in the News topic) was the most recent "HUH?" for me. I mean, the guy worked for Troma, and Disney HAD to have known that or at least seen Tromeo & Juliet before recognizing his skills as a writer/director....yet fired him over tweets he made years before he was hired to do Guardians?

WTF :| ????
Worst part about it. Disney was well aware of those tweets before hiring him.

Yet they keep Sarah Silverman whose made similar tweets, ones that were relatively more recent compared to Gunn's and not to mention there's been recent conservatory involving child molestation joke she made. Why haven't they fired her either?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I watched the new Mission Impossible with my friend...... and all those dang plot twists just confused us lol. I don't know why we were using our brains for a Tom Cruise film in the first place.

Added in 1 month 28 days 18 hours 51 minutes 22 seconds:
This also disturbed me.

So, I was chatting with one of my friends about nerd stuff, and the discussion eventually led to Spider-Man, okay? Right. So he tells me that in one story Spider-Man turned into a giant spider and gave birth to himself. Apparently this all happened just so the writers could explain him having organic webs.

What in the skreeonk were the writers smoking?!?!?

So ya, there's my WTF moment for today.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yep. The Disassembled storyline. Still a better Spider-Man story than one in which he sells his marriage to the devil.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

#webshooters4lyfe

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Zarm wrote:Yep. The Disassembled storyline. Still a better Spider-Man story than one in which he sells his marriage to the devil.
Wasn't there also one where he accidentally gave Mary Jane cancer because they had too much fun in bed?
Honestly, comic books are scary stuff :lol: Speaking of scary comic books today I found a DC comic about Scooby Doo characters fighting Doomsday. :lol:

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Zarm wrote:Yep. The Disassembled storyline. Still a better Spider-Man story than one in which he sells his marriage to the devil.
Wasn't there also one where he accidentally gave Mary Jane cancer because they had too much fun in bed?
Honestly, comic books are scary stuff :lol: Speaking of scary comic books today I found a DC comic about Scooby Doo characters fighting Doomsday. :lol:
Yeah, that was a grimdark alternate future story, basically the Spider-Man equivalent of Old Man Logan. Where they tried to imply that everything about him had been made radioactive, and over years of marriage he gave her cancer that eventually killed her. It is, again, still less dumb than selling his marriage to Satan- but only by a very small margin.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

The mental image of Spiderman performing a ritual is too much :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I was at the urinal today, and this guy comes up to the one next to me, starts going, then just really loudly says to himself, “wow!”.

I remain in a state of puzzlement.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

KaijuCanuck wrote:I was at the urinal today, and this guy comes up to the one next to me, starts going, then just really loudly says to himself, “wow!”.

Now that's what it's like to be in the presence of a god.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:I was at the urinal today, and this guy comes up to the one next to me, starts going, then just really loudly says to himself, “wow!”.

:lol: Yeah but he didn’t say it like he was impressed, he said it more like he was surprised about something.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

KaijuCanuck wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

:lol: Yeah but he didn’t say it like he was impressed, he said it more like he was surprised about something.
Well I'm sorry I said it like that :rimshot:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Another weird bathroom thing! I went into the showers after the gym, and this guy was just showering in a corner mumbling to himself. Kind of loudly, I could still hear him when I went back out into the change room. Like, I’m already uncomfortable enough showering in public, it doesn’t help if you’re just talking to yourself like a crazy person while I’m doing it!

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/4/13/1 ... et-freedom

I guess this is the "Fuck You Internet" year
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

So like... where’s eabaker been?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:So like... where’s eabaker been?
Oh, you're right. He hasn't posted in two weeks...

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:So like... where’s eabaker been?
Oh, you're right. He hasn't posted in two weeks...
Right? Hope he’s okay...