Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Got an unpopular opinion? Drop it here, then go away.

I'll begin...

Not a fan of Star Wars
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Got an unpopular opinion? Drop it here, then go away.

I'll begin...

Not a fan of Star Wars
You're not alone.

I think we could find a way to do without chemical plant/chemical farming.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I find Captain America to be one of the most boring and uninteresting superheroes.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Tyrannosaurus is entirely overrated.

VamprisArachne
Monsterland Worker

Post by VamprisArachne »

Not a big fan of Venom. I don't hate Venom, he has a cool look but his personality is paper thin and his backstory is basically "spider-man hurt my feelings".

For that matter I think his portrayal in Spider-Man 3 is faithful to the character. There was a lot to not like about Spider-Man 3, but I feel the negative stuff about Venom is more about "Venom" than the movie he was in.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I find most superheros kind of lame and I am pretty uninterested in almost all superhero media. There are exceptions though like some of the Batman stuff, stuff like Ultraman, and some of the Marvel stuff because I feel those things are a bit more creative. The other stuff like Superman is just kind of bland imho.

I think there are plenty of people that identify as feminist and also people who prefer not to label themselves that have rational, nuanced views of those subjects. I think that people in this debate should stop worrying so much about their "side" winning and look at things more objectively instead of throwing a bunch of buzzwords and trying to act like any disagreement automatically means the opposition is either "triggered" or a "bigot."
Last edited by BooLugosi on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Heres one ...

I find the English dub of Dragon Ball Z Kai is superior to that of anything that came before.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I find Captain America to be one of the most boring and uninteresting superheroes.
Idk much about that particular character but with a name like, "Captain America", I wouldn't be surprised if he was bland af.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Last edited by Gerdzerl on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gerdzerl wrote:I like pseudosuchians more than non-avian dinosaurs.
Personally can see way. The way I see them, they're basically dinosaur-crocodile hybrids in appearance.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I hate the Marvel movies, save for like Avengers
I hate DC movies
Dinosaurs are boring

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I don't care for Animaniacs or Tiny Toons Adventures that much.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Gerdzerl wrote:I don't care for Animaniacs or Tiny Toons Adventures that much.
Same, I actually dont like Loony Toons at all

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

As much as I enjoy the novelty of practical effects, I don't think there'll be any real need for them once CGI is finally perfected in the coming decades.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Dragon Ball Z is extremely boring and overrated.

Competitive modes are the cancer that is killing games like Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch.

Legend of Zelda is a boring series.

Batman's rogues gallery are the only interesting villains in DC.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I think DBZ is extremely overrated as well
Zelda's pretty boring too, I liked Ocarina 64 tho

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Gerdzerl wrote:As much as I enjoy the novelty of practical effects, I don't think there'll be any real need for them once CGI is finally perfected in the coming decades.
I disagree. I think that they have a place in media as does any form of art. I hate to see any art die like that. :( You're entitled to your opinion though and I respect it.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I like the way practical effects look opposed to CG
Thought thats what made The Never Ending Story so cool.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

BooLugosi wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:As much as I enjoy the novelty of practical effects, I don't think there'll be any real need for them once CGI is finally perfected in the coming decades.
I disagree. I think that they have a place in media as does any form of art. I hate to see any art die like that. :( You're entitled to your opinion though and I respect it.
I love them too, and I definitely do think they deserve to have some kind of place in media as well. I just have a hard time imagining why exactly big name movie studios would ever consider using them again whenever CGI finally achieves "perfect" realism (IE: Being 100% indistinguishable in every single way imaginable from real life).

Like, the only real issues I can think of with modern CG is that the physics are off and that the models are overanimated with too much detail / hyperrealistic. The most convincing shots to me, funnily enough, have been the ones with little to no movement. Like, for example, if you combined the sheer detail of JW with the more restricted, less hyper fluid animation of the first JP, you'd have near perfect "realism".

The model itself is fucking gorgeous in still shots, but they unfortunately added all of this unrestrained jello-like elasticity to the muscle movement. Real animals may be more fluid than animatronics, suits, puppets, or stop-motion, but their movement is certainly not this hyperactive, jelly / gummy / exaggeratedly jiggly on every square inch of skin stuff you see in modern CGI.

However, if you got rid of that, I wouldn't see any real reason to keep practical effects around aside from nostalgia for the craft.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Gerdzerl wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:
I love them too, and I definitely do think they deserve to have some kind of place in media as well. I just have a hard time imagining why exactly big name movie studios would ever consider using them again whenever CGI finally achieves "perfect" realism (IE: Being 100% indistinguishable in every single way imaginable from real life).

Like, the only real issues I can think of with modern CG is that the physics are off and that the models are overanimated with too much detail / hyperrealistic. The most convincing shots to me, funnily enough, have been the ones with little to no movement. Like, for example, if you combined the sheer detail of JW with the more restricted, less hyper fluid animation of the first JP, you'd have near perfect "realism".

The model itself is fucking gorgeous in still shots, but they unfortunately added all of this unrestrained jello-like elasticity to the muscle movement. Real animals may be more fluid than animatronics, suits, puppets, or stop-motion, but their movement is certainly not this hyperactive, jelly / gummy / exaggeratedly jiggly on every square inch of skin stuff you see in modern CGI.

However, if you got rid of that, I wouldn't see any real reason to keep practical effects around aside from nostalgia for the craft.
I honestly don't think we'll ever get 100% realistic special fx. Why? I think that no matter how real, our eyes will always catch the little flaws and stuff.