Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I prefer the 2007 Halloween over the original.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:38 am I prefer the 2007 Halloween over the original.
:shock:

Mother of God.....

Posts like this are what's wrong in the world of today.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:38 am I prefer the 2007 Halloween over the original.
Hard disagree. Rob Zombie tried too hard to make the film be edgy at every turn. Although i will say i prefer the 2018 movie to the original.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I wish I was a mod so I could perma ban posters like the ones above.
I'm fine with differing views on religion, politics, medical but when you come in here and say a Halloween remake is better than the original....?
Lord, take me away.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:32 am I wish I was a mod so I could perma ban posters like the ones above.
I'm fine with differing views on religion, politics, medical but when you come in here and say a Halloween remake is better than the original....?
Lord, take me away.
It's been very difficult not to hit the ban button...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:48 am
goji89 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:32 am I wish I was a mod so I could perma ban posters like the ones above.
Lord, take me away.
You know you could, I bet no one here would say anything after knowing they prefer remakes over the original Halloween.
You have our blessings.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Lord, take me away.
Mr. Curse of Michael Myers talking here...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:36 am
Lord, take me away.
O.k this made me actually fucking laugh :lol:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I think that The goofy’s movies were boring, I never really did care for them

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Lord, take me away.
HEY!

Added in 15 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:38 am

O.k this made me actually fucking laugh :lol:
Laugh it up, fuzzball.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:25 am
Hard disagree. Rob Zombie tried too hard to make the film be edgy at every turn.
Not to mention getting rid of what made Michael Myers effective in the first place by giving him a sympathetic (and simple minded) backstory. In fact, here's what John Carpenter himself had to say about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uVYs5Y_EqSc
Last edited by Leviarex on Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:47 am Laugh it up, fuzzball.
*Chewie noise*
Hhhummghhra nwurrr rowrigghh :lol:.

Translation: I did, and after reading it again I laughed some more :lol: .

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:55 pm
*Chewie noise*

Gonna be fun to do my live stream of burning all my G89 merch in a fire pit while Curse of Michael Myers plays in the background.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:56 pm
*Chewie noise*

Gonna be fun to do my live stream of burning all my G89 merch in a fire pit while Curse of Michael Myers plays in the background.
You monster!
But I guess anyone that likes Curse of Michael Myers is bound to be a psychopath.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:00 pm

*Chewie noise*

You monster!
But I guess anyone that likes Curse of Michael Myers is bound to be a psychopath.
It's a side effect of dealing with you for too many years. ;)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:00 pm

You monster!
:blackeye:
Ouch
And also
:cry:
Ouch

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Maritonic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:00 pm

You monster!
Damn

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by attilagodzilla »

I thonk return of the kedi is a pretty bland movie
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Common consensus is that Aliens (1986) isn't a horror film, but an action film. Even IMDB and Letterboxd list it as "Action, Thriller, Science Fiction," but not as horror.

My unpopular opinion: It IS a indeed horror film, and one of my personal favorites. But, yes, it's also an action film.

Aliens falls into a weird little subcategory of the larger horror and action genres that I call "action horror," a category that I'd include movies like Van Helsing (2004), Predator (1987), Underworld (2003), The Terminator (1984), or Freddy vs Jason (2003); as well as TV shows like Netflix's Castlevania. I just as readily consider Aliens and others of its ilk to be horror films just as soon as I'd consider horror comedies to be horror films.

The horror genre is ridiculously huge and comes in an endless varieties of subgenres that often mix and match with other separate genres, and it makes no sense to me to include films like Army of Darkness in horror discussions (listed as a horror film by IMDB/Letterboxd), but not films like Aliens.
Last edited by Spuro on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Spuro wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:36 pm Common consensus is that Aliens (1986) isn't a horror film, but an action film. Even IMDB and Letterboxd list it as "Action, Thriller, Science Fiction," but not as horror.

My unpopular opinion: It IS a indeed horror film, and one of my personal favorites. But, yes, it's also an action film.

Aliens falls into a weird little subcategory of the larger horror and action genres that I call "action horror," a category that I'd include movies like Van Helsing (2004), Predator (1987), Underworld (2003), The Terminator (1984), or Freddy vs Jason (2003); as well as TV shows like Netflix's Castlevania. I just as readily consider Aliens and others of its ilk to be horror films just as soon as I'd consider horror comedies to be horror films.

The horror genre is ridiculously huge and comes in an endless varieties of subgenres that often mix and match with other separate genres, and it makes no sense to me to include films like Army of Darkness in horror discussions (listed as a horror film by IMDB/Letterboxd), but not films like Aliens.
Yeah, genres are not mutually exclusive (and I'm not sure why some people are so dead set on acting like they are). Aliens is absolutely an action movie, absolutely a science fiction movie, absolutely a thriller, and absolutely a horror movie. Those all describe different aspects of the movie, they all run throughout the narrative, and remove and one of the four and you alter it at a fundamental level.

It's graphic 80s body horror!

Now that I think about it, it's also kind of a family melodrama.

And a lot of people count "action movie" and "war movie" as separate genres; this is definitely both. Some people would call "Viet Nam movie" a genre, and I'd say it's that as well.
Last edited by eabaker on Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.