Godzilla Youtubers

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
UltramanGoji

Re: Godzilla Youtubers

Post by UltramanGoji »

KnK (or Dr. Kain as I primarily know him unfortunately) is an idiotic Luddite. The man literally said on another forum verbatim that “Computers are for work, not for games” and gets mad over digital copies of video games existing.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Living Corpse wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
He has a history of sicing his fanbase on people and he's been banned from this forum from being beligruent. I'm far from the only person who had a bad experience with him. I don't go out to start fights, I just wanna talk to people who have similar interests. It's just this fanbase is toxic as skreeonk.
You do know he’s never actually had a Toho Kingdom account right? He actually never even knew of the forums until recently. And he had no idea of anything that he supposedly did on here. I’m more than 100% positive that was a fake account, a troll account trying to start stuff without him ever knowing.
This isn't the original fourm. He sent me a message on my previous YouTube account calling me butthurt for all the harassment and death threats his and Nerfman's fanbase were sending me daily so even if it was a troll, I'd say pretty damn accurate.
I still remember that one time because you were upset that day and rude to a person who asked about GDBR

You had a weirdo pop in from so far left centered it as well have been from a white hole who was trying to be a "Youtube Drama ChRonIcLeR" and he went and made a 15 minute video on it. With boring Halo 1 footage in the background to top it off

That was a truly bizarre time

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

UltramanGoji wrote:KnK (or Dr. Kain as I primarily know him unfortunately) is an idiotic Luddite. The man literally said on another forum verbatim that “Computers are for work, not for games” and gets mad over digital copies of video games existing.
It's a guitar, there is no difference. They all play music. You're paying that extra $4500 for the name.

I think this other post got deleted when he was banned here, but he also argued in the Criterion thread that Rodan would never look as good as Vertigo. Incidentally, both films were shot on the same stock, so...
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

>watching fandom youtubers
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I do enjoy the works of our own Kyodai Kino (Though I do wish they chose some more interesting titles to talk about for the Kaiju Binge like Whale God, Magic Serpent and Last Dinosaur as opposed to mediocre American homages or garbage like Death Kappa) and Blunova, though I have to admit I find Blunova's claim of Shin Godzilla being "the best" and his very favorite to be kind of disingenuous. For example, he once held a livestream of sorts where I asked if he's seen any Kihachi Okamoto. He said he'd never even heard of Okamoto, despite his very likeness being used for Goro Maki in what's supposedly Blunova's favorite movie, not to mention Okamoto being a big influence on Anno's work. Still, some of his stuff, especially his analysis of the Heisei films, is very good.

I've seen some of Kaiju no Kami/Dr. Kain's videos, and find them alright. Some of his opinions are just bizarre and his jokes can be pretty cringeworthy, but they're technically well-made. Him actually ripping DVDs and getting footage on his own as opposed to just grabbing whatever footage is on Youtube/using stills makes him more competent than most "reviewers" of that sort, anyways.

His presence here on Toho Kingdom is a different story...my "favorite" was his crusade against all forms of bootlegging...but then his refusal to support streaming services that have the shows he likes, with his reason being "I'm already subscribed to too much" (Because you know, you totally can't cancel a subscription once you're done watching something).
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Sun May 03, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

UltramanGoji wrote:KnK (or Dr. Kain as I primarily know him unfortunately) is an idiotic Luddite. The man literally said on another forum verbatim that “Computers are for work, not for games” and gets mad over digital copies of video games existing.
I mean, I dread the idea of a digital-only gaming future existing for obvious reasons, but that's kinda idiotic much like a lot of the shit he says.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

That first example is horrendously outdated and none of the latter restrictions even exist or are able to be forced by Microsoft. The second one has utterly no meaning to me and I'm not watching a video from Angry "I monetized a memorial to my dead friend" Joe.

I'm not committed to digital-only gaming either but you should probably not use examples like that to get your point across.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The only G-Tubers i really enjoy watching are Wikizilla, Sci-Fi Explains and SuperGodzillaGaming.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I like Leslie Chambers a lot. He reviews figures I want to see and I generally agree with his opinions. I've seen some pretty good analysis of Shin Gojira on YouTube. Still wish there was a more academic Godzilla podcast to listen to.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:So a channel I think that exemplifies most of my earlier criticism is the “omniviewer”, which has a guy that has a fedora making mindlessly numb speculation and theory videos about the Godzilla films and feels the need to make a video on every single little nugget of info on Godzilla media. A lot of his other videos, like his most recent stuff also seems to be catered towards advice, but a lot of it you can already tell is not really concrete.
I know this post is over a year old, but can you please give some examples and do more explaining? I like to know which videos from Omni Viewer you criticize the most.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Wait, KaijunoKami was banned? Holy shit, when did I miss this? The guy was a fucking moron and his youtube channel is even worse. I can't ever get passed his hair. Who TF actually looks like that in public. And he's suppose to be a damn substitute teacher or something. I bet that school has perfect teacher attendence, nobody wants someone that looks like a troll doll to cover them.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Say what you will about KnK's character, but no need to attack him personally, I know I'm on Tohokingdom, but lets keep some civility.

Regarding the Omni-viewer, this is totally off topic, but I love his intro for this video
its so surreal and I adore it. As far as the rest of his content, its hit or miss. I'll occasionally watch a video if its on a topic I'm interested in, but I have no desire to search through his content to find things I'm intrigued by.
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Mon May 11, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

CrimsonBloodX wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:So a channel I think that exemplifies most of my earlier criticism is the “omniviewer”, which has a guy that has a fedora making mindlessly numb speculation and theory videos about the Godzilla films and feels the need to make a video on every single little nugget of info on Godzilla media. A lot of his other videos, like his most recent stuff also seems to be catered towards advice, but a lot of it you can already tell is not really concrete.
I know this post is over a year old, but can you please give some examples and do more explaining? I like to know which videos from Omni Viewer you criticize the most.
Just a lot of endless know-it-all over analytical analyses, often with little actual substance. The example that comes to mind is a long video discussing how Godzilla Raids Again is an allegory for the Cold War, that had a bunch of pins that could easily have holes poked in it. The Fedora doesn't help.

Then leading up to KOTM nearly all his posts was the most minor monster news or rumors.

I haven't watched his content in a while though, so maybe I'm wrong.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:Wait, KaijunoKami was banned? Holy shit, when did I miss this?
He was banned for flaming in the Criterion Godzilla set thread.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: I can't ever get passed his hair.

Anyways I happen to like SpaceHunter M and Tersawa's youtube channel. Good at archiving and having easily accessible trailers.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:

Anyways I happen to like SpaceHunter M and Tersawa's youtube channel. Good at archiving and having easily accessible trailers.
Are you comparing Kami's to Juggler's...?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

Are you comparing Kami's to Juggler's...?
Not favorably...

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Just a lot of endless know-it-all over analytical analyses, often with little actual substance. The example that comes to mind is a long video discussing how Godzilla Raids Again is an allegory for the Cold War, that had a bunch of pins that could easily have holes poked in it. The Fedora doesn't help.

Then leading up to KOTM nearly all his posts was the most minor monster news or rumors.

I haven't watched his content in a while though, so maybe I'm wrong.
I do recommend watching more of his videos. He is very mature and open-minded about a lot of things. He does have some petty flaws and moments of him realizing that he was wrong about something, such as mistakenly thinking that The Great Smog of London in the MonsterVerse timeline happened in the Victorian era, but his content is much better than you think. Don't let the Fedora make you think otherwise.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Mon May 11, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

For Omniviewer, I don't really find too many of his opinions or content disagreeable, usually I find it informative or at least mildly entertaining.

I just REALLY don't like the sound and tone of his voice. I know that is nobody's fault, I'm not trying to hate on the guy...but even when he is dropping some fun analysis or interesting knowledge, his voice and tone just come off as know-it-all or condescending....even if he might not be trying to be. If someone with a better voice/delivery was reading his exact words I know I would be a much bigger fan.

It is like the joke about someone having a "punchable face", he just kinda has a voice and delivery I dislike. So I don't watch his stuff, can't watch his stuff, as often as I might otherwise.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I don't always agree with his reviews, but Up From the Depths is pretty decent.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.