Godzilla Youtubers

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Youtubers

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I'm sure it's been said but KyodaiKino and Blunova are both great kaiju-related YouTubers. Both are quite informative and interesting to watch discuss Godzilla and other toku stuff. Also Vintage Henshin. Big Action Bill has some good discussion videos as well.
Monstrosities was actually pretty cool before the pandemic, since then that channel has devolved into almost Joe Rogan levels of cliquey personalities doing live streams (not in terms of politics mind you, just in terms of the same personalities hanging out). But back when the dude who ran it was going through the Godzilla series with his buddy who had never seen any of them, pretty good stuff. Just to be clear, I'm not knocking Monstrosities' hustle by any means, just ain't the same as it once was.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

The best of "Godzilla YouTube" are the channels that post trailers, clips of alternate versions, and limited original content along those lines.

There are some original content channels I subscribe to and quite like, but most of the Godzilla channels of that type are way too casual-fan-focused for me.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terasawa wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:37 pm The best of "Godzilla YouTube" are the channels that post trailers, clips of alternate versions, and limited original content along those lines.
You wouldn’t happen to be talking about H-man and Space Hunter M would you? :P

I like listening to a lot of people talk about their own opinions on Godzilla and other stuff, but just their unfiltered opinions. I feel like a lot of “casual” stuff is trying to appeal to wider audiences, which is fine, but I note the inherent insecurity in regards to the genre.

MM had a point a page ago. When you’re in this deep, it’s hard to find really good Godzilla content because often a lot of people on here no much more than what works better on YouTube.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I think it’s fair to say a lot of us “outgrew” YouTube on that end. It can be a decent starting point for younger fans who don’t have as much access, but if you’re deeper into the history side you’ll have likely moved on to other sources.

With older stuff especially, I find that content creators tend to approach it with more ridicule/bias instead of giving the information straight, which can lead to some inaccuracies but also encourage viewing the past through a modern scope.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Always wondered if we had a thread like this in the forum. I have been a viewer of various Godzilla channels on YouTube for years now and have seen a lot change over the past couple of years. Allow me to elaborate:

The OGs: the channels I followed most when I first became a part of Toho Kingdom and spent more time on the web were Gojifan93, UltramanCronos, Sousa Productions, and Fresh Vinyl. Each had something a little different to offer, but I particularly enjoyed Gojifan and Cronos. Eventually, I think the old heads gave way to a new wave of Godzilla YouTubers.

The new wave of toy reviewers: in the current day, the channels I tend to look at are Steven's Toy Reviews, Geek Chest, and Diego Doom. Each have their own strengths and weaknesses as reviewers but between the three, I generally get a good idea of whether or not I want a certain figure. There are smaller channels that I also watch that I believe members of this forum that I watch for more unfiltered opinions and different size comparisons. Although I don't collect X Plus, I do really like Lesley Chambers' reviews since he looks at some beautiful figures on the high end. I also look at Luminous reviews as they sometimes get figures before everyone else.

Godzilla Commentary: didn't see this as much back in the day, but I see a lot more of it nowadays. Notable channels I watch are Blunova and Omniviewer. Blunova lately has done some more Ultraman videos. If anyone has recommendations on channels that do analysis on mostly kaiju film, definitely interested.

Film Reviewers: in this category, I have Cinemassacre (OG), Brandon Tenold, and Dangerville. Love the old Cinemassacre reviews, hate that Tenold ripped lines from Cinemassacre for his reviews, and am a bit indifferent to Dangerville. He has some decent content with interesting takes but for the most part, not a big fan.

Stop-motion: newest subset I am getting into. So far my favorite is Stomped Movies. They made a Showa Ghidorah film with a Planet X scene that I really found impressive.
Last edited by GodzillaXGomoraFight on Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:17 pm Stop-motion: newest subset I am getting into. So far my favorite is Stomped Movies. They made a Showa Ghidorah film with a Planet X scene that I really found impressive.
Stomped Movies is great. Always delivers on quality, and is honestly pretty funny when he chooses to include comedy in his stuff.
Resized Image

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Never heard of Stomped Movies until now, but just looked him up and they’re really well done.

The only animation I have online is one I made back in high school with vintage Marusan figures. It was fun, but I haven’t done another one since.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yesterday I was scrolling through YouTube and I saw a video titled "WORLD OF GODZILLA" with an edited photo of Legendary Goji and a soldier. I didn't click the video, but it was apparent that it was either spreading a lot of misinformation, or at least pulling a bait-and-switch. Really annoys me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Alexthehunted did another popularity contest, but for Godzilla designs

There was a lot of coping on his end when certain designs ranked too highly in his opinion
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:42 am Alexthehunted did another popularity contest, but for Godzilla designs

There was a lot of coping on his end when certain designs ranked too highly in his opinion
Watched the video and found it interesting. There were a couple designs in the teens that I was shocked to find that his viewers ranked so low. I personally would rank them differently but that's the fun of a ranking I guess.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:59 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:42 am Alexthehunted did another popularity contest, but for Godzilla designs

Watched the video and found it interesting. There were a couple designs in the teens that I was shocked to find that his viewers ranked so low. I personally would rank them differently but that's the fun of a ranking I guess.
My issue with it was that he basically coped whenever a ranking disagreed with him by a lot. Like he cannot accept DougheGoji is a popular design. You can’t just spend the majority of the time on your #2 slot coping

Added in 1 hour 33 minutes 2 seconds:

Less go
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I think we can agree that GojiCenter struct gold when they made their YouTube channel

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:24 pm Yesterday I was scrolling through YouTube and I saw a video titled "WORLD OF GODZILLA" with an edited photo of Legendary Goji and a soldier. I didn't click the video, but it was apparent that it was either spreading a lot of misinformation, or at least pulling a bait-and-switch. Really annoys me.
I've honestly reached the conclusion that obsessive fan theorists are genuinely some of the worst of the lot. In part because of all the dumb, clearly incorrect info they perpetuate. Though at times it is genuinely stunning how much straw grasping they do and act like it's true.
Spoiler:
For the record, no I'm not saying there's anything wrong with fan theories and headcanons. But if you're one of those people who makes Youtube videos or some other such declaring what is clearly false information and desperate straw grasping to be true all while jumping through hoops to try and "prove" it then, yeah, I think you're insufferable.
Resized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I know this is a old topic but did anyone heard about what 2009Mechagodzilla did?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 pm I know this is a old topic but did anyone heard about what 2009Mechagodzilla did?
Yes X_X
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Sucks to hear that.

OK on another topic I’m sort of very concerned with how Toho and Japanese companies in general use their copyright it’s very absurd and flat out bull crap on what they do to content creators

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 pm I know this is a old topic but did anyone heard about what 2009Mechagodzilla did?
Never heard of him. Not sure if I even want to know though, if I can be honest.
Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:00 pm Sucks to hear that.

OK on another topic I’m sort of very concerned with how Toho and Japanese companies in general use their copyright it’s very absurd and flat out bull crap on what they do to content creators
I don’t really think so. Godzilla doesn’t belong to any of us, so I always saw it as the risk that comes with fan content. Toho has been flagging and blocking videos since YouTube started, and at this point I think it’s to be expected. It’s frustrating, but at the end of the day it’s not our IP.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Disney and Viacom do the same thing. It's not just Toho.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

What did he do?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Dyrakro wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:57 am
What did he do?
I'm gonna spoiler some of what I've seen and heard cuz it's potentially triggering.
Tldr for this part is that 2009mechagodzilla had his gf working with him and was psychologically manipulating her, psychically and emotionally abusive.
Spoiler:
He insinuated she was autistic (disparaged people on the spectrum in general too) and set up his Bonds of Blood group so that they treated her different on the basis that she was crazy. He definitely laid hands on her too. Plus one of his characters was underage and I guess he wanted her raped in the story? And I guess his ex that he was abusing played the character in question. Plus, of course, he made lots of nsfw and lewds of said underage characters.

He also has a history of not delivering on paid projects and not paying his animation team, shit on his (unpaid) voice actors and then shit on them for being burned out with zero actual solutions. There's more to it I guess, somebody in the group uploaded a whole Google doc with everything in it.
It's a shame, I'd never checked out Bonds of Blood but the animation is jaw dropping for a fan project.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.