Godzilla Youtubers

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Youtubers

Post by godzilla98rules »

WeegeeZilla wrote:
godzilla1541 wrote: The 13-18 year old Godzilla YouTubers can produce some good content. What really bigs me about us young Godzilla YouTubers is when most try stop motion. :freak: Boy is it bad. There's only a small amount of people under 18 in our community that have nice stop motion. And even then people like to Rush them and give release dates for there videos that they never end up keeping
I'd say that's mostly because of the 'follow the leader' attitude a lot of younger users have, and this happens in most fandoms - people see something cool and they want to try their hand at doing it. I remember when I was younger, I discovered stop motion with Lego, and I tried to imitate it, only to create some truly terrible stuff.

Still, these kids all have to start somewhere, even if what they make shouldn't always be publicly shown :)
I'll agree because this was my attitude back in the day. I only made Godzilla toy reviews in the past because of liking Ultramancronos' reviews. Figure battles and stop-motion were the same way.

This is the main reason I stopped doing it for a very long time, but I've started again with a new channel because deep down I really enjoy reviewing toys and I'm slowly progressing towards movies, Blu-Ray/DVD's and soon video games.....
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

All current Godzilla Youtubers have flaws. Except Monster Island Buddies. Who would’ve thought that the funniest and cleverest channel would be one with the toys?

If Brandon Tenold was really a Godzilla YouTuber, I’d consider him the best.

Dman1954 is alright. He definitely has some maturing to do when it comes to the way he addresses the fanbase, but he has the passion.

What we really need is someone who can do investigative journalism, so to speak. Someone who can reach out to insider sources and give us behind-the-scenes info on past films. That would be truly special.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LockBite wrote:What we really need is someone who can do investigative journalism, so to speak. Someone who can reach out to insider sources and give us behind-the-scenes info on past films. That would be truly special.
Essentially we just need someone who has high production value and time. While I like a lot of people I may inadvertently be throwing under the bus here, a lot of people that make Godzilla content tend to just sit in front of their cameras and show clips from the movies. There’s no long form video essays. The issue is that Godzilla as a franchise is still too niche to develop an entire YouTube channel to.

Ironically, on the opposite end of the spectrum, and counter to what I’ve just said, there’s a lot of random ass click bait channels now, that treat Godzilla like Star Wars. There’s a surplus of channels now with videos titled KUMONGA IN KOTM?!?! While I get why a lot of these people are excited for KOTM, they’re the types to never really address the older films in the series except for being used as a reference tool for newer films.

You get my point.

One of my pipe dreams, that may happen if/when I get a new laptop is make videoessays, that are far less opinionated then the stuff I post here, on individual entries in the franchise. For example, one of my ideas was to analyze a lot of the stylistic choices that Godzilla vs Hedorah chooses, and how expiremental it gets at parts, rather then just talking about the obvious,”HAHA EVERYONE IS ON DRUGS”. Other ideas I came up with would be like analyzing the “rip-off” scenes in Heisei, and compare them to the originals, as well seeing how much scr en time they take up if they’re all that offensive. Stuff like that is what I’d like to do.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

The only good one out there is Blunova. Nearly all of the rest don't even try to form meaty opinions
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

WIkizillas kaiju profiles and other videos are some of the greatest kaiju content from the fandom in years
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The only good one out there is Blunova. Nearly all of the rest don't even try to form meaty opinions
Facts, he is painfully unknown

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So a channel I think that exemplifies most of my earlier criticism is the “omniviewer”, which has a guy that has a fedora making mindlessly numb speculation and theory videos about the Godzilla films and feels the need to make a video on every single little nugget of info on Godzilla media. A lot of his other videos, like his most recent stuff also seems to be catered towards advice, but a lot of it you can already tell is not really concrete. He was the whole guy that started that whole Angurius is Russia theory.

On the other end of the spectrum, while he’s another TGWTG clone, Alex the Hunted is PRETTY DECENT. Cringey, but a lot of his reviews have genuine enthusiasm, and it’s clear he has a lot to say about the franchise. Some of his views, to me are outright garbage, but for some reason I keep returning to his videos.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

The only good ones I've encountered are Blunova, Cosmavoid, CinemaGoji, GORIZARD, and Wikizilla.
Last edited by KillCrites on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

From what I can see, people seem to be ignoring the animators here like Vrahno or A.Sousa Productions. The animators are probably the best Godzilla YouTubers out there along with the guys like MIB and Wikizilla. The news/speculation channels are ok, DMan1954 being the only one I really watch regularly, as most of the others just like to click-bait a lot (cough Methlokaiju cough). But there are so many great animators on the platform. Even younger animators who have lots of talent, and more room to grow and expand like LukeyMC, The Toho Society, my friends MineTurtle Animations or GodzillaFan2004 (who has stopped uploading as of late. Not sure why), or SuperKaijuGamer. Then there's the professional level guys like Deadzilla (who's name is ironic considering his channel activity nowadays), or Goji73.

Added in 2 minutes 9 seconds:
godzilla1541 wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:GodzillaFan2004 started popping up, he's pretty awful too, some cringe infused child, click bait bullshit, made fun of him and he flipped out :lol:
There are a lot of really young Godzilla-oriented youtubers. I can't really handle them. Kids with cameras in general aren't going to produce great material.
The 13-18 year old Godzilla YouTubers can produce some good content. What really bigs me about us young Godzilla YouTubers is when most try stop motion. :freak: Boy is it bad. There's only a small amount of people under 18 in our community that have nice stop motion. And even then people like to Rush them and give release dates for there videos that they never end up keeping
Your stuff, Super KaijuGamer, and LukeyMC are the best at stop motion, I'd say. My stuff is pretty garbage, but then that's the norm for Godzilla YouTubers of our age, apparently.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Started watching some videos by Blunova, clearly a stand out and gets high recomendations. His reviews and opinions on things are well informed and backed up, as well as presented in a professional manner. He clearly is a Godzilla and Kaiju fan, but not a fanboy.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Him and CinemaNippon are some of my favorite YouTubers doing videos on Japanese media period
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The only good Godzilla youtubers are Brandon Tenold once he considers himself one.

And all of the Godzilla animators, love them, they're all great.

Then you have the kids news channels who annoy the skreeonk outta me.

Super Unimportant Reviews has the Kaiju figure reviews on lock no one can tell me otherwise.

Deadzilla and Ultramancronos were good in their day, but also had attitudes most of the time, You guys remember Jonas? or something like that. He was a cool dude
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

How could anybody consider Tenold to be good? Dude does the typical bootleg Nostalgia Critic format (that was never good) of going through a movie and saying quips through it and then summarizing his opinions at the end. It's a tired formula that leads to throwaway "entertainment."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
GodzillaFreak99 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:2. I ran into Living Corpse once in the comments section of a non-Godzilla video that I was actually in. It was an Omegle reactions video. This is a very odd occurrence because, obviously, this wasn't a Godzilla or kaiju-related video at all, and of all the people on YouTube, I run into him commenting on a video that I was in. Pretty crazy

....He's not just a kaiju-exclusive channel you know. He makes tons of videos on other stuff. Real shame he doesn't get more views for his non-kaiju related content.
I think what he means is that the godzilla factor is the only thing they share in common, so the fact that they met elsewhere was wierd.
Late response but do you remember what video this was? Was it Deckor Shadow?

EDIT: Nevermind, missed the Omegle part when reading.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:How could anybody consider Tenold to be good? Dude does the typical bootleg Nostalgia Critic format (that was never good) of going through a movie and saying quips through it and then summarizing his opinions at the end. It's a tired formula that leads to throwaway "entertainment."
I generally agree with this statement, but he’s at least less annoying and seems to genuinely enjoy what he’s talking about.

As I said, Blunova is great. A lot of his video essays are well thought out, and are actually a counter to the “Tenold reviews”. For example, his Top 5 Godzilla films briefly go over the general plots of each of the films, and without going into deep spoilers or endings too much go into why they’re worth watching beyond the plot.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

used to really like UltramanCronos, but then he just became your average etilist fanboy and then just quite YouTube all together. if he was gonna keep that attitude though, then good riddance.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Started watching some videos by Blunova, clearly a stand out and gets high recomendations. His reviews and opinions on things are well informed and backed up, as well as presented in a professional manner. He clearly is a Godzilla and Kaiju fan, but not a fanboy.
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Him and CinemaNippon are some of my favorite YouTubers doing videos on Japanese media period
Glad to see other fans of Blunova. Wish he got more attention, as he's actually creating solid, reasonable content unlike the Omni Viewer or whoever.
I'll have to check out CinemaNippon.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

tyrantgoji wrote:used to really like UltramanCronos, but then he just became your average etilist fanboy and then just quite YouTube all together. if he was gonna keep that attitude though, then good riddance.
Pretty much all the Godzilla toy reviewers are like that though except Goji73, he seems chill. Met him at G-fest years ago, was just a really awkward guy but pretty harmless

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:So a channel I think that exemplifies most of my earlier criticism is the “omniviewer”, which has a guy that has a fedora making mindlessly numb speculation and theory videos about the Godzilla films and feels the need to make a video on every single little nugget of info on Godzilla media. A lot of his other videos, like his most recent stuff also seems to be catered towards advice, but a lot of it you can already tell is not really concrete. He was the whole guy that started that whole Angurius is Russia theory.

On the other end of the spectrum, while he’s another TGWTG clone, Alex the Hunted is PRETTY DECENT. Cringey, but a lot of his reviews have genuine enthusiasm, and it’s clear he has a lot to say about the franchise. Some of his views, to me are outright garbage, but for some reason I keep returning to his videos.
I actually like OmniViewer, and find myself agreeing with his thoughts most of the time, particilarly regarding the Anime trilogy. He does have a habit of reporting on really insignificant news regarding the MonsterVerse though.

Other than that, Wikizilla is another channel I find informative. Also who can forget DiegoDoom, he's just F A N T A S T I C.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

I have quite a bit of favourite Godzilla Youtubers, but sadly, some are not producing videos anymore, or have been deactivated.

Here is a few of my favourites (that are still around)

SuperGodzillaGaming (and SuperGodzillaMusic)
SuperTohoRemix
Goji1993
SciFiExplained

Note, this is just a few of my favourites, which is why I narrowed it down to some of my mains.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I’m a big fan of D-Man 1954 and his videos. Even though he has some opinions and points of view I don’t entirely agree with, I still highly enjoy his content and personality.

He’s also one of the few G-Fans that realizes what a masterpiece All Monsters Attack is.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image