What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

It’s not as clear cut as the title suggests, but this video goes a long way to dispel a lot of the hopelessness people feel regarding the situation of climate change and provide a more accurate and brighter look into the issue.

KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:31 am It’s not as clear cut as the title suggests, but this video goes a long way to dispel a lot of the hopelessness people feel regarding the situation of climate change and provide a more accurate and brighter look into the issue.

I really needed this.

I never give in to nihilism and apathy when it comes to climate change, but man is it scary and good GOD(zilla) is is hard sometimes to not feel hopeless.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I typed a long essay here about why something someone said in this chat is really fucking stupid. And it is. This person has very little understanding of what they are talking about. But Im going to show restraint and not type that here. Because this thread isnt about that.

God its good to have some positivity for once. I just hope this video is accurate and we can achieve those things in time. Clocks ticking.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nihilism and doomerism is cringe, in my opinion. Being hopeful, self affirmed and optimistic about the future is based, and is what I live for!

I know we’ll pull through. I know we’ll beat climate change. Mark my words. We’ll innovate, we’ll create, we’ll inspire new solutions to combat this deadly problem. Why? Because that’s what humans do. That’s what we’ve always done. Throughout history, we’ve faced crisis after crisis, and where are we now? In a better place because we were able to overcome them.

Don’t feel into the pit of despair because of how the media portrays this issue. The media wants to scare us, but do not fall for their trickery! Stay hopeful, and keep yourselves in best of spirits, because that’s what humanity needs. A world full of doomers waiting for death to befall them isn’t going to fix climate change. Optimism, and the will to change it will fix climate change.

I believe in you. Your friends and family believe in you. Everybody believes in you. You must do your part to help save our world, and what is that part? Just having hope. It might not seem liked much, but even ounce of hope in our body fuels the world to be driven in a more prosperous direction. Hope created treatment for AIDS. Hope eradicated smallpox. Hope destroyed monstrous regimes. Hope gives people food and water. Hope is what has driven as this far, and what keeps driving us forward. Climate change is our biggest hurdle yet, but we’ve learned to jump higher than ever.

We’ve taken thousands of years of knowledge into our collective mind, and humanity will use it’s vast knowledge and capability for more to achieve something great. Something to benefit us all. Something we cannot place now, but quite possibly it’s something future generations can thank their mere existence for.

So please, be hopeful. Be optimistic and hope for a better future, even if it seems hard. The highest trees always bear the sweetest foods. And we can climb the tree. Are you ready to climb the tree? I sure as hell am.
For Emperor and Empire!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Made it to 28, realized I came a long way in the past year, might have work on an independent feature in the coming weeks. All in all, I've made a lot of progress in my life in the last year. Still a lot more to go.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Responding to the above stuff about climate change, it’s important to not get too hopeful and feel too good. However, it’s important nonetheless to not become a doomer. I was involved in some green activism before, and recently I took a course in my MA program about environmental humanities. That course focused on how yes, the climate situation is bad, but how we need to “envision a future we want”, and not just give up.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I tend to pass back and forth between nihilism and optimism. Just like how I pass back and forth between hating and loving humanity. But Im at a place now where, looking at what we have accomplished as a species, surely we will be able to face any challenge that comes before us. The real question is whether we can do it in time. This is particularly concerning to me, as a person that lives in an area that will in theory be underwater very soon.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

After months of thinking they might be discontinued I finally found my favorite flavor of pizza rolls at Walmart.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:13 am After months of thinking they might be discontinued I finally found my favorite flavor of pizza rolls at Walmart.
Make sure to email them to Mr. Plinkett at his webzone.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

First:

Last night, my wife and I got word that out short film "Hell Is Other Witches" has gotten into the Die Laughing comedy film festival!

Second:

Today we spent the afternoon shooting another comedy short, "Kevin Smith's Hamlet." I first wrote this one about 6 years ago, and never expected it to be produced, so finally getting it in the can is really exciting! In addition to writing and directing, I also played the role of "Silent Guildenstern." I look forward to sharing it once it's completed!
Last edited by eabaker on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

It's been 25 years since the debut of my favorite childhood show The Angry Beavers featuring Daggett, my all-time favorite character. :D

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Nuclear Man exists within the CW Arrowverse. As a genuine lover of Superman IV, this makes me happy.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

-Netflix and Disney stock in bad shape
-CNN+ scrapped
-Elon Musk looking more and more likely to get Twitter

Glorious changing of the tide.

I am a FL resident and Disney has had special independence and privileges via the Reedy Creek Act for over 50 years. It made sense at the time and was important in bringing Disney to Florida, but those privileges being revoked is LONG overdue. I am glad to see the gears turning in that regard.

There might be hope for the cultural landscape after all.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Chrispy_G wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:09 am I am a FL resident and Disney has had special independence and privileges via the Reedy Creek Act for over 50 years. It made sense at the time and was important in bringing Disney to Florida, but those privileges being revoked is LONG overdue. I am glad to see the gears turning in that regard.
If you're a Floridian, you really shouldn't be cheering this on. Cities and counties will have to take over emergency services, road maintenance, and building inspections at all the Disney properties. Also, because this all came about in a matter of weeks the government entities taking on all those responsibilities don't have the budget to pay people to do it, don't have the budget to hire people to do it, and don't know how much it will cost to do it. It's going to be a logistical nightmare that could push $2 billion of debt on Florida taxpayers.

If this goes through, it's going to hurt you and your community more than it's going to hurt the Mouse. And all for the sake of a PR stunt over a manufactured crisis.
Last edited by Spuro on Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Tonight, I'm going into the city to see the new Inland Empire remaster with my lady.
Also, the fact that I don't live in Florida, or under the impression that Elon Musk is some kind of cultural landscaper.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Spuro wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:07 am
Chrispy_G wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:09 am I am a FL resident and Disney has had special independence and privileges via the Reedy Creek Act for over 50 years. It made sense at the time and was important in bringing Disney to Florida, but those privileges being revoked is LONG overdue. I am glad to see the gears turning in that regard.
If you're a Floridian, you really shouldn't be cheering this on. Cities and counties will have to take over emergency services, road maintenance, and building inspections at all the Disney properties. Also, because this all came about in a matter of weeks the government entities taking on all those responsibilities don't have the budget to pay people to do it, don't have the budget to hire people to do it, and don't know how much it will cost to do it. It's going to be a logistical nightmare that could push $2 billion of debt on Florida taxpayers.

If this goes through, it's going to hurt you and your community more than it's going to hurt the Mouse. And all for the sake of a PR stunt over a manufactured crisis.
-It doesn't take effect until June 1st of 2023, giving all parties over a year to prepare.
-Disney will now be paying millions every year in Taxes and fees that they were NOT paying before.
-Disney stock prices have lost something to the tune of $40B in value since the video about the "Not-at-all-secret gay agenda" got leaked.
-On top of intangible "Damage to the brand" they have suffered. I know a few serious Disney shills in my life, heck even I still popped into D+ for Star Wars shows. For many people this crossed a line in a different way.
-The only "manufactured crisis" was by the media peddling a name for the bill and a narrative that simply wasn't true.
-The Bill is not the "Don't Say Gay" bill, nowhere in the bill is the word "Gay" stated, it is all in plain English and anyone can read it.
-Disney disagreeing with the Bill wasn't the issue, the issue was saying that they as a corporation were going to use their money and influence to dictate legislation.
-It is also incorrect to say they are being "punished" for doing so.
-This is simply removing a special privilege Disney has had for 55 years and forcing them to operate with the same laws and parameters that every other theme park in Florida (Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, etc) all operate under. The band-aide needed to be ripped off at some point.
-California forced them to stay closed at a time when Florida let them re-open...at a time when they DESPERATELY needed money to start flowing through their parks again.
-Fair is fair. They don't deserve special treatment.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

CineFix's Homemade Movies series is finally back! And it looks as low-budget as ever.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I didn't think this would ever happen, but it's happening:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ And now my day is made, too. Apparently they have multiple 2D projects lined up, too, which is awesome.

Now we just need Toho to bring back suitmation...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio