What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by Executive Hamster »

We finished construction of my little brothers new room, meaning that for the first time in my 20 years on this rock I don't have to share a room with someone. Granted, its only a year until I move out, but still, its nice. I feel alone for once and I love it. And I dont gotta hear a little shit mumbling about how lame Godzilla toys are!!!!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I went to the zoo in Calgary today.

I saw the trailer for the new Netflix Tekken anime.

I visited relatives.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

My professor just made a Godzilla vs. Bambi joke. Everyone thought it was hilarious.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’ve decided to start working out :)
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The local Walmart's bakery has started carrying kolacky (pronounced 'klotchkey') cookies. Those things were my favorite as a kid in Ohio, but I've never seen them around here in Georgia, and hadn't had any in quite a few years. Glad to have them back.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Wasn't today, we can say it made my WEEK, but Im still completely stoked that Matt Frank saw my art and gave me constructive criticism on it. That's such a big deal for me, as I spent a large amount of time referencing him and Art Adams for my stuff, especially my big Godzilla vs Kong piece.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Voyager wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:44 pm I’ve decided to start working out :)
You and I both.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I picked up a guitar a little over a month ago; and I'm now at the point of more or less being able to hear what's being played in a song, and play it for myself. How did this make my day? I came off of a 10 hour shift last night after what was already several rough preceding days, and realized that I had listened to "Commando" by the Ramones so much lately that I was able to play the song in its entirety within a hour of breaking down the cords it contains. It was nice to be able to just focus on the music and nothing else in the hours I played it over and over to myself, as well as exciting that my skill level is already where it's at in such a short time period.

I would upload/share a video I recorded of me playing along to it here, but YouTube automatically flagged a cover of Blitzkrieg Bop I privately uploaded when I tried to send that out to a few people, so I'm not going to bother with that again :roll:
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

There’s gonna be a Napoleon movie with Joaquin Phoenix as the titular Emperor of the French. I’m a history buff, so I’m gonna enjoy this. Coming in 2023.
For Emperor and Empire!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Seeing the Tristarverse forum locked with the first thread being a discussion of the classic American standard "Come With Me" by Puff Daddy.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/star-trek-discovery
TW: all kinds of phobias.
This is a write up about how a Catholic Star Trek fan is unhappy with Disco because of an abundance of LGBTQ+ characters. There's something so funny about hateful people who don't want to admit to themselves they're bigots, and yet still find a way to play themselves.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Elon Musk is now the largest Twitter Shareholder, with 9.2% which is just fantastic.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Chrispy_G wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:44 pm Elon Musk is now the largest Twitter Shareholder, with 9.2% which is just fantastic.
This is just me personally, but I find Musk to be somewhat unhinged.
For Emperor and Empire!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Voyager wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:46 pm
Chrispy_G wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:44 pm Elon Musk is now the largest Twitter Shareholder, with 9.2% which is just fantastic.
This is just me personally, but I find Musk to be somewhat unhinged.
Which is why it is the kind of chaos I love.

If Twitter gets ran into the ground and goes away...that's a win. If he transforms Twitter into something better than the cesspool that it is...that's a win.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Elon Musk is the worst. Fuck that guy. Fuck all billionaires but especially fuck him. The fact that he's doped so many people into thinking he's some cool guy who's down to Earth is just sad.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:32 pm Elon Musk is the worst. skreeonk that guy. skreeonk all billionaires but especially skreeonk him. The fact that he's doped so many people into thinking he's some cool guy who's down to Earth is just sad.
And if you, your best friend, or a member of your family became a billionaire...skreeonk you all as well right? Why would anyone ever want the security and benefits of being a billionaire unless they are pure evil?

Let's get over that kind of "all rich people are bad" mentality.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

You lose who you are after a while as a billionaire. You forget what it's like to be on the ground level. I appreciate Musk's *team* for attempting to jumpstart the Mars project, and AI servants, it is groundbreaking, for his team. He just benefits off spitballing the ideas.

Eat the Rich, always imo. Lives shouldn't be reliant on monetary values, but that's a whole other beast.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I'm sure this topic will stimulate rich, nuanced and measured discourse on both sides. That is the hallmark of Toho Kingdom, after all.

Tell you what, though. If anybody comes up with something to post on the subject that isn't up to those standards, let's just not post it, huh?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Admins know now to come in here before I get a chance to respond :lol:
Fair enough, fair enough.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I'll just say that "Eat the Rich" sounds nice(it actually sounds petty and misguided) until someone "under" you financially decides that YOU meet the qualifications of "Rich" well enough to be "Eaten"

I'm excited at the potential changing landscape of culture/pop culture.

1. WarnerMedia is about to be merged into(but under the control of) Discovery into Warner Bros Discovery. The head of Discovery, David Zaslav, will head the combined company. WarnerMedia owns CNN. John Malone is the largest shareholder of Discover, and sits on the board. He's been critical of CNN being so far to the left, and in past years has tried to urge them to move back to the center politically. He is now in a position where he has the potential to push them to be a more centrist news outlet. Zucker and his #2 were already ousted. CNN might be pushed into a new, less opinionated and more fact-based direction. That's exciting.

I'll never forget seeing Godzilla vs Kong in a packed theater on opening night here in FL...when CNN came up in the film the crowd actively booed. It was one of about 100 great moments during that screening. CNN taking it down a few notches and reigning things in would be great.

2. Disney has taken a hard political stance in regards to parental rights in schools(Here in FL) after initially seeming like they were going to mostly stay out of it...they've come down hard on one side of the isle. A LOT of parents and paying customers disagree with Disney coming down so hard on one side of the topic. There has been a backlash. I'm not sure if I've ever seen Disney being viewed this "controversially" in the eye of the public before, and I don't think it will work out too well for them long term.

Disney isn't going away or crumbling by any means...but every dollar counts, and with every year that goes by, resting on their laurels and the strength of old brands like Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and Live Action remakes will be less and less reliable. A weaker, less monopolistic Disney is ultimately a good thing.

3. Elon Musk is now in a position of influence when it comes to Twitter. Again, any scenario where one of the insane echo chambers can get reigned in and turned into a more even-keeled platform is ALWAYS a good thing.