What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by Executive Hamster »

Starting to work on my first ever battle jacket has been super exciting for me and Im so ready to spend the day working on it.
(the sketch so far)

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Got my contributor copy of the biggest literary magazine I've been in yet. Features a short story of mine. Waiting for the journal to do their own publicity on the issue before spamming it, but it was a great surprise in my mailbox after my run. :pelops2:
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Jomei wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:07 pm Got my contributor copy of the biggest literary magazine I've been in yet. Features a short story of mine. Waiting for the journal to do their own publicity on the issue before spamming it, but it was a great surprise in my mailbox after my run. :pelops2:
Sweet! Congrats!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

eabaker wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:08 pm
Jomei wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:07 pm Got my contributor copy of the biggest literary magazine I've been in yet. Features a short story of mine. Waiting for the journal to do their own publicity on the issue before spamming it, but it was a great surprise in my mailbox after my run. :pelops2:
Sweet! Congrats!
Thanks! This is one among quite a good run I have coming out.

And I owe it all to TK for giving me my first writing prize. Now that's going back a ways! :rimshot: :tk-tan:
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

My first Ultraman video on my new channel reached over 100 views already today. Little milestone but I'm grateful!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Finding 10 dollars ( 1 five and 5 singles) in a parking lot.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I got banned from r/metalmemes AND they called me a poser. I feel so accomplished. That subreddit exemplifies the toxicity of the metal community. Absolute fucking cringelords, and I am so glad to know I pissed them off that much by simply acknowledging that Ghost isnt a terrible band. I didn't say it was metal, I just said that they didn't suck and I got banned. Ive never been so excited to get banned before.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Had a pretty good weekend in terms of filmmaking stuff. A short film my wife wrote and I directed, "Hell Is Other Witches," screened as part of the Oregon Screams Horror Film Festival, and two of our collaborations with a local community theater group were officially released online. I'll link to those below; both are comedies that present a slightly distorted modern perspective on Shakespeare classics.

"Kevin Smith's Hamlet" is a piece I wrote and directed (I also play a small role in it), and my wife photographed and edited. I actually wrote this back in 2015 while in grad school, but at the time I didn't see a convenient way to pull off the set or costumes. When we began collaborating with Theatre in the 'hood, this was a natural one for us to start off with, as it's a small, simple project that we could use as sort of a warm-up.

I was cinematographer and editor on "Will's Dramaturg," which was written by a local playwright and directed by one of the people who run Theatre in the 'hood. My wife did color correction and titles.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

eabaker wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:39 am Had a pretty good weekend in terms of filmmaking stuff. A short film my wife wrote and I directed, "Hell Is Other Witches," screened as part of the Oregon Screams Horror Film Festival, and two of our collaborations with a local community theater group were officially released online. I'll link to those below; both are comedies that present a slightly distorted modern perspective on Shakespeare classics.

"Kevin Smith's Hamlet" is a piece I wrote and directed (I also play a small role in it), and my wife photographed and edited. I actually wrote this back in 2015 while in grad school, but at the time I didn't see a convenient way to pull off the set or costumes. When we began collaborating with Theatre in the 'hood, this was a natural one for us to start off with, as it's a small, simple project that we could use as sort of a warm-up.

I was cinematographer and editor on "Will's Dramaturg," which was written by a local playwright and directed by one of the people who run Theatre in the 'hood. My wife did color correction and titles.
Awesome, congratulations! Which of the two has been the most fun or interesting for you so far? What are some things you may have learned from working on either?

#BotM

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Godzilla165 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:24 pm Awesome, congratulations! Which of the two has been the most fun or interesting for you so far? What are some things you may have learned from working on either?
Thank you!

"Kevin Smith's Hamlet" was definitely the more fun and interesting for me, simply because it was a personal project that I was really invested in, whereas "Will's Dramaturg" was more like work-for-hire (except, of course, unpaid).

However, editing on "Will's Dramaturg" was a pretty interesting process. Normally, a director hands over footage and I do a rough cut on my own, then pass it back over for notes, and the director only sits in personally for the final stages. In this case, since I'm trying to teach him about the filmmaking process, I had him sit in while I was doing the rough cut, and we really collaborated a lot to figure out the timing of the scene. It was great for me to get his input in-the-moment, because it gave me the confidence of knowing that I was giving him what he wanted, and where I had room to bring my own sensibilities into it. For him, it was kind of a revelation to see just how much the editing could define the tone and pace of the scene, without being beholden to how everything played out on set.

I think the big lesson we all took from both of these projects was just how little we needed in the way of sets in order to create our locations. "Kevin Smith's Hamlet" was shot in my garage with only about 12 feet of flats to create the brick walls, while "Will's Dramaturg" was shot in a home office with just the bare minimum amount of faux-wood wallpaper to create the "pub" setting. In both cases, we had to tightly restrict the movement of the actors (and I had to get creative with the camera placements on the latter to avoid showing the bare patches on the wall).

We've already got the next two projects shot, and just going through post-production now; they're both slightly bigger and more complicated pieces, but they're also both set in modern homes, which obviously simplified a lot of elements.
Last edited by eabaker on Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Let's keep the creepy shit to a minimum? Yikes.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Finally.

After over ten years of hard work on this forum, I have finally achieved the most legendary post count.

(Also it's my birthday today. Although maybe that's a post for the Day Ruiner thread... I'm getting fucking old. :shock:)
Last edited by Spuro on Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Maritonic wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:10 pm Let's keep the creepy shit to a minimum? Yikes.
Wait....my post was deleted because I found one of my co-workers attractive? :| Is there something wrong with just liking too look at a woman's body?
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:14 pm
Maritonic wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:10 pm Let's keep the creepy shit to a minimum? Yikes.
Wait....my post was deleted because I found one of my co-workers attractive? :| Is there something wrong with just liking a woman's body?
You posted that "she has a nice ass to stare at." No on said you can't be attracted to her, but she's a human being who deserves much more respect than to be ogled by some creepy co-worker who turns around and posts about how he ogles her on a Godzilla forum and doesn't understand what's wrong with that.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Terasawa wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:22 pm
Maverick Centigrade wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:14 pm
Wait....my post was deleted because I found one of my co-workers attractive? :| Is there something wrong with just liking a woman's body?
You posted that "she has a nice ass to stare at." No on said you can't be attracted to her, but she's a human being who deserves much more respect than to be ogled by some creepy co-worker who turns around and posts about how he ogles her on a Godzilla forum and doesn't understand what's wrong with that.
Well alrighty then. I really didn't see it that way. I just thought she looked nice and enjoyed looking at her. I honestly didn't think it so....terrible.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

People, the posts were deleted for a reason. Let's drop the subject and move on, PLEASE.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Hosted a mock-wedding and the two grooms accidentally kissed :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

The last two days were dedicated to my company's summer parties, so no actual work to be done, just big events both days. Thursday there was a morning golf event (which I skipped) and a bagel brunch in the office (which I attended), then a block party co-hosted by a local ice cream shop (free ice cream! definitely attended that one) , then a meet and greet at a bar that night (which I had to skip). Yesterday, there was a lunch gathering, followed by a speedboat ride down the river to a mansion the company had rented for a party that ran from 2-8. As we exited the dock, there were servers waiting with trays full of jello shots. Open bar, exceptional food, pool, jacuzzi, a tray of joints sitting out... And when the owner was giving his toast (right before they released the doves!), I was among the handful of employees he called out by name for our contributions to the team (probably just because I was standing relatively close to the front so I was in his eye line, but still). Oh, and I found myself at one point down by the water, smoking with a circle of long0time company employees, including two of the company's founders!

The fact that all Ubers/taxis to get around to these events were covered by the company helped, as well. I would not have been safe to drive home last night, and it was a $50 ride before tip!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My PC is finally back in working order.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I know it probably doesn’t mean much, but Death Date says I will live a long and happy life. To 87 years! It’s nice that AI thinks I’m gonna be prosperous.
For Emperor and Empire!