What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by _JNavs_ »

The preppy teens who know how to put up a front in front of adults, and get up to the worst kinds of trouble at big banger parties.

Then their parents are on the news wondering why their perfect angel got in trouble
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:01 am The preppy teens who know how to put up a front in front of adults, and get up to the worst kinds of trouble at big banger parties.

Then their parents are on the news wondering why their perfect angel got in trouble
That's one of the many traits of a sociopath blending in lol.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:30 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:01 am The preppy teens who know how to put up a front in front of adults, and get up to the worst kinds of trouble at big banger parties.

That's one of the many traits of a sociopath blending in lol.
I'm in a town full of em sadly

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So I graduated College this past weekend, Sunday to be exact. Finally got my Associates in Science. I was super excited, hyped, I felt like a new person. It was my first time since middle school that I received (almost) straight A's on my final semester.

But my dad doesn't seem to care much at all, and won't post my grad vid bc during my speech I didn't thank him (he hasn't been involved in my life much beyond monthly payments which stopped once I turned 21) however I still thanked him in the short blurb comment that pops up beneath the portrait. My friends (or associates at this point) all seem to think college is a total waste of time, that I could've spent it working full time. When I told them I had graduated I got one or two honest "congratulations", but mostly "congrats want a cookie?" types of sarcasm and very odd looks from almost everyone.

Luckily I'm receiving tons of love from my moms side and my gf. But damn if everyone didn't show their true colors this week.

I think I need a hard reset on the people I choose to associate myself with.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue May 25, 2021 8:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:22 am So I graduated College this past weekend, Sunday to be exact. Finally got my Associates in Science. I was super excited, hyped, I felt like a new person. It was my first time since middle school that I received (almost) straight A's on my final semester.

But my dad doesn't seem to care much at all, and won't post my grad vid bc during my speech I didn't thank him (he hasn't been involved in my life much beyond monthly payments which stopped once I turned 21) however I still thanked him in the short blurb comment that pops up beneath the portrait. My friends (or associates at this point) all seem to think college is a total waste of time, that I could've spent it working full time. When I told them I had graduated I got one or two honest "congratulations", but mostly "congrats want a cookie?" types of sarcasm and very odd looks from almost everyone.

Luckily I'm receiving tons of love from my moms side and my gf. But damn if everyone didn't show their true colors this week.

Well, you have my very sincere congratulations. You set your mind to a challenging task, and you achieved it. Bravo!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

eabaker wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:22 am So I graduated College this past weekend, Sunday to be exact. Finally got my Associates in Science. I was super excited, hyped, I felt like a new person. It was my first time since middle school that I received (almost) straight A's on my final semester.

Well, you have my very sincere congratulations. You set your mind to a challenging task, and you achieved it. Bravo!
Thank you very much!! I appreciate it, truly. :mrgreen:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Congratulations man. You're now a college grad and time to start paying off that debt.

Go get'em tiger. Show the world what you studied for...... :cry: they grow up so fucking fast.....

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Congrats man! Don't ever let anyone diminish your achievements with their negativity. I've worked more or less full time since I graduated until 2020, and all I have to show for it is arthritis in my lower back at 27 and disdain for the job market. You made a good choice, and I really hope you find a rewarding career with that degree!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Yes, congratulations, indeed! I wish you well.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:06 amall I have to show for it is arthritis in my lower back at 27.
Ah, so you too are an athlete :huge:

:lol:

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:14 pm
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:06 amall I have to show for it is arthritis in my lower back at 27.
Ah, so you too are an athlete :huge:

:lol:
Hell yeah bud, but it's a hard life. Thankfully my thumbs are still good.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

In someways, college is indeed overrated and used as a method of gatekeeping in American society.

However, it's still something that you should be very proud of, and though it might not be very apparent right now, it'll pay off. There are jobs that will have a college degree as a simple check, and not having one will automatically disqualify you. Additionally the time management and skills you learned throughout your years will also manifest down the line, but again might not be apparent yet (for example post college I realized it made me really good at time management and being persuasive). Finally, education on what you enjoy is also criminally underrated. If you like science and felt you learned a lot then that's something to be happy about.

Congratulations! If you get a chance, you should try and take a trip or vacation or something. Post graduating I went to Arizona and the Grand Canyon and that was a lot a fun.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:23 am Congratulations man. You're now a college grad and time to start paying off that debt.

Go get'em tiger. Show the world what you studied for...... :cry: they grow up so skreeonking fast.....
Thanks bro :lol: , luckily due to military financial aid from my folks, I won't have any college debt.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:06 am Congrats man! Don't ever let anyone diminish your achievements with their negativity. I've worked more or less full time since I graduated until 2020, and all I have to show for it is arthritis in my lower back at 27 and disdain for the job market. You made a good choice, and I really hope you find a rewarding career with that degree!
Thank you!!! I'm hoping to figure out where to go from here soon, it feels like a massive weight's been lifted off my chest. But at the same time with the future being so uncertain, it also gives me a slightly uneasy feeling that there's not one specific path to follow any more. I guess I'm not used to that feeling yet
mikelcho wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:32 am Yes, congratulations, indeed! I wish you well.
Thank you!! I wish you the same! :huge:

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:31 pm
In someways, college is indeed overrated and used as a method of gatekeeping in American society.

However, it's still something that you should be very proud of, and though it might not be very apparent right now, it'll pay off. There are jobs that will have a college degree as a simple check, and not having one will automatically disqualify you. Additionally the time management and skills you learned throughout your years will also manifest down the line, but again might not be apparent yet (for example post college I realized it made me really good at time management and being persuasive). Finally, education on what you enjoy is also criminally underrated. If you like science and felt you learned a lot then that's something to be happy about.

Congratulations! If you get a chance, you should try and take a trip or vacation or something. Post graduating I went to Arizona and the Grand Canyon and that was a lot a fun.
Thank you LSD!! I do have to agree on the systemic societal gatekeeping aspects. As an individual experience, I've yet to really understand the "why" to all of this back-to-back education; They didn't explain it particularly well in HS, and even College, beyond "This will ensure your future". So hopefully that's something I can figure out as I move forward.

As far as my Science Degree goes it's pretty funny actually lol, I technically graduated in the arts, specifically Graphic Arts and Media. But apparently the arts count as a Science, so I'd assume technically all arts might be considered some kinda Social Science? But yeah I love art and design with a passion!

I have noticed some slight tweaks in how I go about my time management, almost as if I feel like there's a deadline that needs to be done.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

The dismissal and undeserving hatred of anime and kaiju/toku from some people gets me really annoyed

It irritates me when someone passes of legitimately good kaiju films like Gojira but because “it’s old, the effects are bad, and kaiju are corny.”. What makes kaiju any less corny than stuff like superheroes??? I honestly don’t get it.

Same thing with anime. I’ve seen people who actively hate anime with a passion for no particular reason. A lot of people think anime is a certain thing or genre that’s exactly the same across the board when it’s literally just a term for japanese animation. I know people who’ve passed on watching great stuff like Berserk and Attack On Titan because it’s “weeb shit”. Never understood that mentality. (Granted, anime does have a lot of tropes no matter the series that are weird to normal westerners)

I’m super glad and happy that anime and manga have become mainstream worldwide, beating out things like modern marvel and DC comics (thank god), despite the increase of popularity also having its fair share of drawbacks. I remember when I would get teased and bullied for liking anime at school, seen as the “weirdo” for it. Now everyone and their moms watch and like anime :lol:

...on the other hand, it seems kaiju/toku will always be regarded as “cheesy” and “bad” in the West, which is pretty disheartening
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri May 28, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Eeewww anime. Damn kiddie shows with lil chibi characters and crap. Who has time for Attack on Titan and it's crappy ending, who has time for One Piece and it's 3 billion episodes over twenty fucking years and it's still only halfway through, and Naruto just ending after Shippuden but nope let's go with Boruto, I mean anime is weird for weird lil kids with no life pffft damn weebs.

Laughs in Dio
Last edited by goji89 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I'm a little late to the party but congrats Jnavs on graduating from college! Its a huge accomplishment and something you should be proud of. I graduated almost 11 years ago and I still don't regret at all going. I wish you good fortune!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Fireworks waking me up half an hour early.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

banks giving overdraft fees because they were bought out and were transferring systems, so I couldn't transfer money, but my auto insurance payments could come right on out and put me $600 in the hole
Last edited by ClandestineCanine9 on Mon May 31, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla21 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:18 pm I'm a little late to the party but congrats Jnavs on graduating from college! Its a huge accomplishment and something you should be proud of. I graduated almost 11 years ago and I still don't regret at all going. I wish you good fortune!
Thank you so much!!! I think since the concept of it is so fresh in my mind, it's difficult to imagine how different it'd be if I hadn't of gone. But I assume with time it'll resonate more and more to where I'll learn to appreciate the fact that I did go. I might even go for my Bachelors but I need a breather, lol the past couple of months have been pretty stress-inducing.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Touch screens, and the lack of precision that comes with them. I just spent fifteen damn minutes typing up a post, and one wrong twitch of my finger erased it all.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio