What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

goji89 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:20 pm lots and lots of pills.
*Sticks hand out* Share?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Everyone goes through this, and this is really mundane, but when you enter a room only to forget why you’re there.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:06 pm Everyone goes through this, and this is really mundane, but when you enter a room only to forget why you’re there.
Yeah, especially walking into the bathroom then be confused and walk out only to crap your pants, happens all the time.

Added in 5 minutes 56 seconds:
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:33 pm
goji89 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:20 pm lots and lots of pills.
*Sticks hand out* Share?
Unzips my fanny pack..... I got blues, reds, blue and red, got yellows, chewable grape ones....horse pills how that get in there haha? Just move that to the side.....oh and Flintstone vitamins.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:54 am
Unzips my fanny pack..... I got blues, reds, blue and red, got yellows, chewable grape ones....horse pills how that get in there haha? Just move that to the side.....oh and Flintstone vitamins.
Do you have Normal Pills by any chance?
For Emperor and Empire!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I have this extremely rational hatred for children younger than 10 in a movie theater. They are ALWAYS loud and distracting. It’s like damn clockwork.

Teenagers could also be annoying in their own shitty, entitled way, but at least it’s not as consistent and constant as kids.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:20 am
goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:54 am
Do you have Normal Pills by any chance?
I got you fam......what you need?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:56 am I have this extremely rational hatred for children younger than 10 in a movie theater. They are ALWAYS loud and distracting. It’s like damn clockwork.
Really?

This is barely something I've ever encountered. In my experience, most kids tend to be pretty into watching the movie.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I have a rational hatred for teenagers especially if they are a big group of friends at a theater. Children I understand acting childish but teenagers that know better..... FUCK THEM.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I've encountered far, far more adults causing a distraction in movie theaters than kids or teens.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

It's always been older teens and adults for me. Never had any issues with children themselves.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Children follow the examples of their parents. The couple of times I can remember unruly kids in a theater, it is because either the parents were acting the same way, or ignoring them and being oblivious. Wreck-it Ralph had a family that spoke Spanish, and those that did not speak English (can't remember if it were the kids or parents), felt the need to do a live translation in the theater. Then there was the second viewing of Transformers The Last Knight (yeah I probably deserved a bad audience for seeing that awful movie twice :oops: ) . A mom with multiple children felt the need to make comments based on each line of dialogue in the movie, and the kids followed suit.

The Last time I was in a theater was just before the Pandemic to take my kids to see Sonic (February 14, 2020.... Valentines day......Bummer....). As much as I enjoyed going to the movies, and it was one of my favorite outings for much of my life, the past 18 months have really shown me that it is not necessary. Plus, in all honestly, now that GvK has come and gone, I literally have no strong interest in any movies that I have seen previews for coming in the next year or so.

For me it was almost like movies (and TV shows pretty much) ended in 2020. Fortunately I have hundreds of classic movies and TV shows in various physical and digital formats, so I'll never get bored.
Last edited by o.supreme on Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

o.supreme wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:36 am A mom with multiple children felt the need to make comments based on each line of dialogue in the movie, and the kids followed suit.
That sure as hell sounds annoying.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

o.supreme wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:36 am-Snip-
I get the others you mentioned but the translation one. I get the annoyance of it mind you but it's just nitpicking at that point. Like they were trying to understand it and share in the "laughs" and enjoy it together. That wouldn't bother me personally because some people don't speak English.
It's the unruly teenagers and adults that just ruin it by trying hard to throw one liners trying to be the comedian pandering to the theater crowd. Cell phones ringing and answering it, using flashlights from cell phones to look at their friends etc, etc.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I very rarely get annoying people at movie theaters. It's always baseball games, for me. There's always got to be some big group of college kids sitting right behind me, none of whom give half a shit about the game. They're just there to make an appearance and take selfies. They might swear drunkenly at the batters occasionally, but otherwise they'll just spend the whole time screaming conversations, constantly running back and forth to the snack bar, trying to figure out where their friends across the stadium are sitting, taking more selfies, and generally being as loud and obnoxious as possible. Then they leave by the sixth or seventh inning. Wish I had time and money to burn like that...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

goji89 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:19 pm I get the others you mentioned but the translation one. I get the annoyance of it mind you but it's just nitpicking at that point. Like they were trying to understand it and share in the "laughs" and enjoy it together. That wouldn't bother me personally because some people don't speak English.
It shouldn't matter the language. If someone is talking during the entire film, it is rude. Of course as a fan of this forum, I've seen several films in Japanese in a theater, some without subtitles. I don't ask to have someone do a live translation for me in the theater. I can wait until later when it is subtitled or dubbed in English. Disney especially is known for offering their titles in multiple languages both subbed and dubbed on physical media and via streaming. It wasn't like they were even trying to whisper, it was at full volume. Not sure if anyone has watched any badly dubbed films or animation in Russian. But often times, instead of removing the native language track, they will just speak LOUDER over it, it is an awful experience, and that is what it felt like.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I recall seeing G14 in a packed theater in 2014. A guy kept feeling the need to yell FATALITY every time something big happened, and it got old quick. I don't think it's a matter of translation, but a matter of just respecting you're in a communal environment. Hard to say with kids though. I suspect kids follow suit.

I love Japanese TOHO movie theaters. Always silent, choose your seats and you can get booze. Never had a bad experience. They have specific tickets and times for kid discounts so there's less overlap.

One thing that annoys me is coworkers who take days off abruptly and frequently, often with little notice, and then bitch and moan on the rare occasion you need to take time off for a more legitimate reason and they just need to do a LITTLE extra work. I've had this happen to me multiple times at multiple jobs and it's always annoying.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Amazon taking all day to deliver my package. I wouldn't care, but it's raining, and I know they'll probably just toss it on the damn porch or something and let it get soaked. So I have to be watching for the truck, and it's way past my bedtime. -_-

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:25 pm Amazon taking all day to deliver my package. I wouldn't care, but it's raining, and I know they'll probably just toss it on the damn porch or something and let it get soaked. So I have to be watching for the truck, and it's way past my bedtime. -_-
That’s oughta suck. Is it something precious? I wouldn’t want that to get all wet and soggy.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Voyager wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:31 pm
JAGzilla wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:25 pm Amazon taking all day to deliver my package. I wouldn't care, but it's raining, and I know they'll probably just toss it on the damn porch or something and let it get soaked. So I have to be watching for the truck, and it's way past my bedtime. -_-
That’s oughta suck. Is it something precious? I wouldn’t want that to get all wet and soggy.
A DVD and two Blu-rays. Being wrapped in plastic, they'd probably be fine, but I'd prefer not to chance it. Eh, I'll give them a few more minutes then call it quits.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:35 pm
Voyager wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:31 pm
A DVD and two Blu-rays. Being wrapped in plastic, they'd probably be fine, but I'd prefer not to chance it. Eh, I'll give them a few more minutes then call it quits.
Past your bedtime? It's 1:30 p.m you old timer.