What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
goji89
Sazer

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by goji89 »

People that can't seem to get over fucking typos.

You'll always get that special person that just has to correct you by doing this

Example: tomorow

Them: ToMoRoW!

Like yeah dude I get it...lol :roll:

And it's like just the dumbest thing. Worst part is they'll keep it up for days being obnoxious with it.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:18 pm
Terasawa wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:50 pm Idk how accurate that is to Facebook (haven't been in a public FB Godzilla group for the better part of a decade) but it's a perfect summary of r/Godzilla.
Not quite, it doesn’t have “painfully unfunny meme”, then it’d be perfect.
In a word: Kevin.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

goji89 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:04 pm People that can't seem to get over fucking typos.

You'll always get that special person that just has to correct you by doing this

Me: Tomorrow!
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:35 pm
goji89 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:04 pm People that can't seem to get over skreeonking typos.

Me: Tomorrow!
*applauds*
We've found that special person.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:57 pm While its on topic of forums vs. FB groups. I've been part of the online forum community for going on 20 years now, with exposure to GojiStomp, Rodan's Roost/Kaijuphile and, of course, TK. I will take any one of them, even current TK (which is honestly better than most prior TK "eras"), over any FB group I'm in by far.

My main problem with FB groups is that they are all virtually the same. New DVD/Blu-Ray comes out? Get ready to have your feed flooded with pictures of the case and the same handful of statements. "Its out!" "I never seen it before!" "Anybody else pick it up"? No man. Nobody. Not a single soul in a Godzilla/tokusatsu knew this wide release was coming and nobody else has seen it. You're the first. Congrats. Not a single fan in the US has ever even heard of Ultraman, *in Hank Hill voice* let me tell ya' what. You can find the same post from the same people with the same exact typos repeated in multiple groups and it is beyond obnoxious. Jesus Christ, there's *STILL* people just randomly posting that they picked up Godzilla vs. Kong. Nobody f'n cares.

Having now been part of a handful of groups for a while, I can't understand how anyone would think any of them are as good as a good, ole fashion message board. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the people I've crossed paths with directly, but holy shit. Between the same repeated posts, the constant repeats of the same news everyone knows and was posted 100 times already and the constant influx of "art"...

God forbid there is ANY actual news from a new movie. 'Cause it's just a constant flood of the same f'n thing for days on end. Toy groups are even worse. Can't wait for my feed to get hit with the same screen shots and advertisements for Super 7's Ultimate Godzilla line. I'll probably be bailing in more than one group.

TK has all of those same problems in some capacity as well. But the big difference is each thing is then categorized in a proper thread. Scroll through most FB groups and you'll find something like this.

- An announcement that was recently made.
- Random kaiju picture.
- Same announcement that was recently made, posted now by somebody else.
- Same announcement that was recently made, posted now by somebody else, only now adding an opinion.
- Someone bitching about said announcement.
- Something actually interesting.
- Random kaiju picture.
- Artwork, either someone's own bad artwork or something being reposted from Matt Frank or Bob Eggleton.
- Random kaiju picture.
- Artwork, either someone's own bad artwork or something being reposted from Matt Frank or Bob Eggleton.
- Same announcement that was recently made, posted now by somebody else, only now adding an opinion.
I've seen experiences like yours in the larger, more unruly Facebook groups when they just let anyone in. I'm part of a few smaller, more specialized groups and the experience has been much better. I recently started an articulated toy group and its been a great experience and I've had great time engaging and getting to know new people. People are also super generous on there. The message board format is good for discussions but as I said earlier, this place has had giant turnover throughout the years for various reasons that doesn't make it attractive to a lot of people. I'm glad it still exists and I like thinking back to the fun of pre-Godzilla 2014. I hadn't had that much fun on a board since post 1998.

Speaking of old boards do you remember Project G and the Centropolis message boards? I used to always be on those!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

You know what really gets on my nerves? Those YouTube videos with titles like "10 things you missed on episode *insert number here* of *insert TV show title here*."

Movies, movie trailers, TV show trailers, episodes, these channels do them all and I'm tired of seeing these videos in my recommendations.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'm part of a few smaller, more specialized groups and the experience has been much better. I
Yeah, I'm fairly sure I know exactly which group you're talking about. And I really have no desire to interact with most of those people and the ones I do, I just talk to off the group. Good friend of mine was literally chased out of those types of groups because he was excited about getting a 40th anniversary, special color set of the Trendmasters figures from the mid-90s. If it has guys like Gregory Cordaro running around, it's just as bad a group as the others.
Speaking of old boards do you remember Project G and the Centropolis message boards? I used to always be on those!
Nah. My first forums were Rodan's Roost around 2003, and then GojiStomp and TK.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:40 am
I'm part of a few smaller, more specialized groups and the experience has been much better. I
Yeah, I'm fairly sure I know exactly which group you're talking about. And I really have no desire to interact with most of those people and the ones I do, I just talk to off the group. Good friend of mine was literally chased out of those types of groups because he was excited about getting a 40th anniversary, special color set of the Trendmasters figures from the mid-90s. If it has guys like Gregory Cordaro running around, it's just as bad a group as the others.
Cordaro isn't in many of the non-toy I'm a part of. He's still in some toy groups but after they booted him from being a mod in the Collector's group he doesn't seem to be around as much. Which is good.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I have been walking the last couple hours in shoes i just bought.. turns out, they don't fit. And my toes are in pain because of it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm currently listening to the Godzilla Singular point OST and just a couple minutes ago, I landed on The Singular Point. Turns out it's really good. However, for some godforsaken reason, there's Godzilla roars in the song. Yes. Literal sound effects. In a goddang song. Who thought this was a good idea? Even worse, the roars aren't in the show when The Singular Point plays. What this implies is that someone unmistakably ruined this great theme in its sole official release. I hope they stub their toe.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Screwed up my back somehow. It doesn't hurt much, it's just stiff as a board.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I feel like that some Anti SJW have so much hatred for the SJW that go after people that just have different opinions or can be easily tricked by a video mocking them.

And some of them Baffles my mind, like the time that a guy literally have a mental breakdown to Parasite won the Award for being the best movie out there because what he said “ it’s in form film so it can’t be the best movie of the year”
And said Joker should’ve won even though they toggle on the same subject matter.
Here’s the video
https://youtu.be/HJGz0umRKMk

I also apologize if Some of you guys get annoyed of me talking way too much on the subject matter, if I do that I’m sorry
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:26 am I feel like that some Anti SJW have so much hatred for the SJW that go after people that just have different opinions or can be easily tricked by a video mocking them.

And some of them Baffles my mind, like the time that a guy literally have a mental breakdown to Parasite won the Award for being the best movie out there because what he said “ it’s in form film so it can’t be the best movie of the year”
And said Joker should’ve won even though they toggle on the same subject matter.
Here’s the video

I also apologize if Some of you guys get annoyed of me talking way too much on the subject matter, if I do that I’m sorry
Eh, I've seen more annoying subject matters during my time here.

Joker fans are a weird bunch, speaking of your post. It doesn't matter to me if they like or dislike the film, but the way some of them treat it as the second coming of god is kinda annoying.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Currently boarding a plane for a 3 hour flight and there’s already a two crying children.

This’ll be fun. :)
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:00 pm Currently boarding a plane for a 3 hour flight and there’s already a two crying children.

Where are u flying?
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:26 am I feel like that some Anti SJW have so much hatred for the SJW that go after people that just have different opinions or can be easily tricked by a video mocking them.

Here’s the video

I mean we already had this same discussion here like 2 weeks ago. To the point where mods had to tell all of us to relax. So maybe not a subject matter to touch on again.

I feel the opposite way, and I don't feel like rewriting all of my points from the last dispute. Maybe not regarding Parasite, but if you're talking straight up umbrella terminology, then the passive aggressive behavior stems from one side, and the vitriol to said behavior from the other.

Added in 3 minutes 45 seconds:
Also, my opinion is that Joker is a Master Class film, because it feels like the only one with a real heart and soul from commercial Hollywood's CBMs in years.

Since TDK in 2008.

But having not seen Parasite, I also acknowledge foreign films can absolutely win best movie as I've seen some top-tier ones.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Currency exchange rates, and the instability of the dollar and yen.

Long story short, I've been paying for a graduate degree. It's been no problem, but earlier this year Japanese yen was .96 of a dollar, which is a difference, but not a substantial one. Now, the yen is falling, and it's about .90. That may not seem like a lot, but when you're paying upwards of 8K a semester, that can amount to an extra thousand or two. Should be fine, but damn it's annoying. Worst part is that because it's tuition, I can't just pay it all now; I gotta wait every semester to pay and watch the money shrink and shrink. Auuuugh.

Prior to this, budgeting and being responsible with money was pretty easy, but this is the type of thing that severely dampers things. Yuck.

And yeah, I'll preference this with realizing I'm lucky to have the money to begin with; corona fucked over a lot of people's livelihoods and budgets. I hear all the time that in the United States, prices for basic necessities have gone up due to inflation. Crazy.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:21 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:40 am
Cordaro isn't in many of the non-toy I'm a part of. He's still in some toy groups but after they booted him from being a mod in the Collector's group he doesn't seem to be around as much. Which is good.
And the group has gotten much better and almost completely drama free as a result. I've known the guy for over 25 years, but I just couldn't stand babysitting someone who is even older than me. The group practically runs itself now and I'd say it's one of better collecting groups out there, especially now.

I do agree that most public movie-related Godzilla FB groups are complete garbage though. MM isn't wrong about that.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:00 pm Currently boarding a plane for a 3 hour flight and there’s already a two crying children.

Deal with that daily. The neighbor as a young child "on the spectrum". So all he does from 8:00am to about 7/9pm is go outside and wail like a siren. He also bangs things like his polyresin desk like a drum. Did I mention he screams all day? Every day? For nearly a year? I honestly blame the parents, but god damn it's driving me insane. Can't sleep on the couch with the nice breeze from the open window without "BWWAAAARRRGFH! AAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!" keeping me and everyone else up.
Voyager wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:44 pm

Where are u flying?
My guess, out of California! Everyone is leaving here. i don't blame them.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:03 pm And yeah, I'll preference this with realizing I'm lucky to have the money to begin with; corona fucked over a lot of people's livelihoods and budgets. I hear all the time that in the United States, prices for basic necessities have gone up due to inflation. Crazy.
Also the problem isn't we don't have the money. People who had their jobs "temp shutdown" because of the orders, were getting EXTRA MONEY out the ass. Like 600+ an unemployement check and it just increased the more critera you met. On Average, people were making MORE off their job then they were on it. Then the stimulus hits. Then all the breaks for people who were unemployed, like skipping rent for 6 months, skipping certain bills. Having some shit waved entirely. On top of the bonus money.

Guess what? Same people bitching they are in financial trouble. Lazy fuckers, the all of them. I had to work during this shit. I contracted the Wu-Flu. What did I get? Nothing out of the normal besides the stimulus. Did i get the breaks? No, didn't qualify and I turned them down even if I did. Nothing changed for me, and I and the rest of my family is doing fine.

Why are all these people bitching about not having the money to handle their bills, despite making more then they ever did? Poor decisions. Take responsibility for your actions, ffs you did this for years before and now you all just drop the damn ball. Tough shit.

*Note this is not ALL the cases and there are those who are struggling. A vocal portion of them constantly bitching how the $600 extra a check, per person or in some cases 1200 extra just isnt enough. They need more money, oh and outside dining open. And Disney Land.. HMMMMMM CANT MAKE ENDS MEET BUT WANTS TO SPEND MORE MONEY AT FUCKING DISNEY LAND!!! BIG - THINK - EMOJI
What Gets on my nerves? Flat - earthers. Yes, bringing them back up again.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:07 pm]
Also the problem isn't we don't have the money. People who had their jobs "temp shutdown" because of the orders, were getting EXTRA MONEY out the ass. Like 600+ an unemployement check and it just increased the more critera you met. On Average, people were making MORE off their job then they were on it. Then the stimulus hits. Then all the breaks for people who were unemployed, like skipping rent for 6 months, skipping certain bills. Having some poop waved entirely. On top of the bonus money.

Guess what? Same people bitching they are in financial trouble. Lazy skreeonkers, the all of them. I had to work during this poop. I contracted the Wu-Flu. What did I get? Nothing out of the normal besides the stimulus. Did i get the breaks? No, didn't qualify and I turned them down even if I did. Nothing changed for me, and I and the rest of my family is doing fine.

Why are all these people bitching about not having the money to handle their bills, despite making more then they ever did? Poor decisions. Take responsibility for your actions, ffs you did this for years before and now you all just drop the damn ball. Tough poop.

*Note this is not ALL the cases and there are those who are struggling. A vocal portion of them constantly bitching how the $600 extra a check, per person or in some cases 1200 extra just isnt enough. They need more money, oh and outside dining open. And Disney Land.. HMMMMMM CANT MAKE ENDS MEET BUT WANTS TO SPEND MORE MONEY AT skreeonking DISNEY LAND!!! BIG - THINK - EMOJI
What Gets on my nerves? Flat - earthers. Yes, bringing them back up again.
Hell yeeeeesss!

I worked during this crap storm "essential worker" and got shyt from all the bonuses others got. It was better to just not work but noooow they crying they broke with all that stimi and free aide. But agree some do need it but I'm betting a whole lot just got a free ride.

Flat Earthers still exist?

I mean they were a trend about two to three yrs ago. Especially with some celebrities coming out as flat Earthers.