Random facts about you

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
G-Matt
Futurian

Re: Random facts about you

Post by G-Matt »

eabaker wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:15 am On the other hand, I have far more solo control of my left eyebrow.
And I'm the mirror of that. I can move my right eyebrow a lot better.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

G-Matt wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:31 pm
eabaker wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:15 am On the other hand, I have far more solo control of my left eyebrow.
And I'm the mirror of that. I can move my right eyebrow a lot better.
I can’t move either, but I can move my scalp!
For Emperor and Empire!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I did a Godzilla: The Series Marathon, and watched all episodes in a row. I also spent the next day mostly sleeping.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I became a 'Dragon Ball Z' fan through 'Dragon Ball Z Kai''s run on Nicktoons, and to this day, I find the kai dub to be the absolute best for the original series.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:48 am I’m not good at drawing, but I made a new year’s resolution to practice and get better. My dream is to draw stuff to do with TK and it’s members, and general interactions that happen *IN ART FORM!*. I want it to be reminiscent of political satirical cartoons. Short, sweet and funny. And if not that, just artsy representations of all you fantastic folks here at TK!

I’d make representations of users based on their pfp, so I gotta get good! When I feel I’m good enough at drawing, you guys can commission me to draw you, for free.

Went on a bit of a self-hype-promotion tangent, but that’s my resolution :lol:
Hell of a necro but I’d love to hear an update on this (or find where they are if you’ve shared them). I think it’s always good to laugh at oneself and there are quite a few characters on this site (myself included) that could be quite funny to satirize.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:04 am
Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:48 am I’m not good at drawing, but I made a new year’s resolution to practice and get better. My dream is to draw stuff to do with TK and it’s members, and general interactions that happen *IN ART FORM!*. I want it to be reminiscent of political satirical cartoons. Short, sweet and funny. And if not that, just artsy representations of all you fantastic folks here at TK!

I’d make representations of users based on their pfp, so I gotta get good! When I feel I’m good enough at drawing, you guys can commission me to draw you, for free.

Went on a bit of a self-hype-promotion tangent, but that’s my resolution :lol:
Hell of a necro but I’d love to hear an update on this (or find where they are if you’ve shared them). I think it’s always good to laugh at oneself and there are quite a few characters on this site (myself included) that could be quite funny to satirize.
Oh god, I’m gonna be honest, I haven’t drawn in months :lol: But you’ve inspired me to keep going, and now my dream to satirise TK marches on!
For Emperor and Empire!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I like steak.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My hair is parted down the middle.
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'm color blind when it comes to blues/purples and can't make out the difference when it comes to some shades, a discovery made a few years ago when my mom got a new phone case she said was purple and I told her it was blue.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fropston
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fropston »

I often write out an entire post and then don't actually post because I worry that I come across as being too rude.
(Less) Rare poster. :pelops2:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Fropston wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:04 am I often write out an entire post and then don't actually post because I worry that I come across as being too rude.
At least you got the foresight. I just do things and then look back at it like "Heh. Guess I am the bigger asshole at times"

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I love Vegas-y music. I can’t really explain it, but it’s songs that just irradiate the Vegas energy of all the flashy lights, theatrics and such.
For Emperor and Empire!

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

The following movies are ones I first saw via Blockbuster:

'Godzilla 1985'
'Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla'
'Godzilla vs. Gigan'
'Godzilla vs. The Thing'
'Gorgo'
'Tremors' 1 and 2
'Carnosaur' 1 and 2
'Spaceballs'
'Mystery Men'
'At The Circus' (one of the Marx Bros. movies)
'Pyhton'
'Octopus'
'King Cobra'
'Yellow Submarine'
'The Hulk'
'Anaconda'

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

My traditional series of October monster movie/horror marathons for this year is the first to include 'Hellboy'. On that note, I've considered Sammael to be one of the greatest movie monsters ever since first seeing the film last year.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I'm a heavy metal fan, with Iron Maiden being my favorite metal band and Thrash being my favorite subgenre. I'm a satanist, but pretty casual about it. I'm an artist as well, and have been working on a still unpublished webcomic for about 12 years now. I'm big into alternative fashion and often incorporate spikes, fishnets, and plaid into my outfits. My user name is a reference to a Yogscast video about a Minecraft Pacific Rim mod, as well as the fact that I have owned several hamsters, my favorite being named Del the Funky Hamster, aka Deli Sandwich, as I called him (RIP). I have two pitbulls. I once, as a kid, met the voice actress that plays Peridot on Steven Universe and took a picture with her while I was dressed in a terrible costume of 2D from Gorillaz.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:44 pm
imposterzilla wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:33 pm Me? Oh that I'm originally from Mississippi, lived in Tacoma (met another poster there), and now live in Mexico and hop bsck and forth across the border daily. Any questions about Mexico?
Would you say there’s a significant difference in safety? Is there some kind of cultural blending?

A fact about me is that for most of my life I was a hopeless romantic. I reminisce about those days quite often, knowing how far I’ve come.
Never had any problems

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

It's so hard waking up and making history everyday.

But for an actual fact, I f*cking love donuts.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

For the past few years, the following Universal movies have been my traditional ones to watch on Halloween:

'The Mummy's Tomb'
'Frankenstein meets The Wolf Man'
'House of Frankenstein'
'Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein'
'Revenge of the Creature'

And I'll be keeping that streak alive this year.
Last edited by Leviarex on Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

I've been getting into cooking. I've made breaded chicken breast, jambalaya, homemade Alfredo sauce, boil pasta, roasted vegetables with olive oil, fried okra, French toast, slow cooker bbq pulled pork, breakfast foods, spaghetti and meat sauce and or meatballs, homemade vegetable soup, learning fried okra, salmon and krabby patties, rice, Ramen and eggs, Swedish meatballs, cooked squash, Fried potatoes, baked fish, and Mac and cheese.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

In honor of Kevin Conroy's memory, I watched the following yesterday and last night:

The 'Batman: The Animated Series' episodes, 'On Leather Wings', 'Nothing to Fear', 'Almost Got 'Im', and 'Mean Seasons'.

The 'Batman Beyond' episode, 'Shriek'.

The 'Justice League' episode, 'Only a Dream'.

The 'In Darkness Dwells' and 'Deadshot' segments of 'Batman: Gotham Knight'.

These two clips:

Last edited by Leviarex on Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.