What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Executive Hamster »

Probably? Im not sure it how it would work in my situation since technically I agreed to this arrangement. It began when our second floor cleaner just disappeared one day, so I agreed to take on the other two days, assuming they would hire someone else. But nobody wants to work a 5 am shift two days a week so they never hired anyone else.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:47 pm Probably? Im not sure it how it would work in my situation since technically I agreed to this arrangement.
I don’t think “agreeing to it” would exempt you from the protections of labor law. Otherwise any employer could get around the law by coercing their employees to agree to work every day of the week.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

StardustGenius wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:15 am
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:25 pm Pulled a muscle in my back lifting furniture...
Sorry to hear that sir. I hope work can give you time off to recover. I recommend a hot shower and using arnica in the place you pulled. I hope it isn't too bad,
Thank you for the reply! It's not that bad but my job did give me a week to work from home and see what happens so for that I am grateful.

I currently have both a heating pad and ice pack for my back. I am hopeful that by the end of this week I should be well enough.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Ignored

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Saw a video of a man die. In a particularly gruesome way.
Spoiler:
He was run over by a BUS. It was not pretty.
For Emperor and Empire!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Voyager wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:12 am Saw a video of a man die. In a particularly gruesome way.
Spoiler:
Oh wow, that's dark, how did you even see the video of him getting killed?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:55 am
Voyager wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:12 am Saw a video of a man die. In a particularly gruesome way.
Spoiler:
-edited out-
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Voyager wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:45 am
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:55 am
Spoiler:
-edited out-
Oh, Reddit, thanks for telling me, but I don't even know if I have the guts to watch it.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^Yeah lets drop this conversation. I'm sorry you had to watch something unforunate, but please do not encourage or share how to watch it with others.

Added in 2 hours 22 minutes 33 seconds:
I'm not ruined, but I'm embarassed. I submitted a short story of mine to a literary publication a few weeks ago, and never got a response. The story was decent (don't all writers think their own stuff is decent), but I realized that I didn't follow any of the submission guidelines. This was my first time sending out a manuscript, so I wasn't even aware that there's a proper format. I'm embarassed for not following proper instructions.

I just searched through about six publications and how to submit and I have a better idea of how to do it. I read a bunch of things about proper manuscript format, ettiquette, what various publications want etc... I also read a bunch of stuff of explicitly what some places don't want, and thankfully none of the publications really fall under that.

I guess this is a learning experience. So it should be okay to redo, and resubmit to another seperate publication. To be clear I'm not doing simultanous submissions, but I'm not even sure if the story was even considered because I messed up the submission.

Ah well.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Got a large amount of hair product in both my eyes while I was showering. The pain was immense and you can bet my eyes were red as hell. It looks like I’ve done the hardest-hitting pot on Earth. But no, not as epic. A bunch of shampoo in my eyes.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:18 am Got a large amount of hair product in both my eyes while I was showering. The pain was immense and you can bet my eyes were red as hell. It looks like I’ve done the hardest-hitting pot on Earth. But no, not as epic. A bunch of shampoo in my eyes.
That sounds gnarly! I hope you're okay! :shock:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

First world problems, but still annoying: DoorDash delivered my lunch 30 minutes before I had scheduled it, aka, while I was at work still, AND they forgot my fried cheese curds. And since I was in such a rush to get home and get my food I ended up leaving the store I work at without buying the shit I needed to get.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

It’s been a week since it started, and there’s still an air quality alert around here due to a fire in Nakia Creek that’s still going on. Said air quality alert is supposed to last until Thursday at 6:00 P.M. when real Autumn weather finally sets in and it starts raining.

The climate crisis and those rich fuckwads who created it suck ass.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:07 am It’s been a week since it started, and there’s still an air quality alert around here due to a fire in Nakia Creek that’s still going on. Said air quality alert is supposed to last until Thursday at 6:00 P.M. when real Autumn weather finally sets in and it starts raining.

Hey! I'm experiencing air quality issues from the same fire!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

eabaker wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:04 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:07 am It’s been a week since it started, and there’s still an air quality alert around here due to a fire in Nakia Creek that’s still going on. Said air quality alert is supposed to last until Thursday at 6:00 P.M. when real Autumn weather finally sets in and it starts raining.

Hey! I'm experiencing air quality issues from the same fire!
My dad and I were planning on going on some good long Nature walks this weekend, but instead this fire—which was caused by someone—cooped us up inside instead.

I can’t wait for the rain to finally arrive.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Drained from all this family drama.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Finding out that Brandon isn't some dude running for Senate. What the hell is wrong with people?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

More terrifying news on the climate crisis.

My fear, rage and sorrow are ever mounting. I cannot believe I was born in a time like this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topst ... r-AA13oU9y

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna54046
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:07 am More terrifying news on the climate crisis.

My fear, rage and sorrow are ever mounting. I cannot believe I was born in a time like this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topst ... r-AA13oU9y

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna54046
No point in freaking out too much about it. Remember that scientists have a limited understanding of this stuff at best, this whole subject is politicized and weaponized and monetized by any number of organizations that have something to win or lose, and the media exists to scare you for profit. Take news headlines with a truckload of salt, especially from a source as unapologetically shitty as MSN news. I think half their 'articles' are written by algorithms. They made three different posts about 'sharks swimming in the streets' during Hurricane Ian. Each article used the same photograph, claimed it was new and in a different city each time, and the photo itself was actually from 2017.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Kanye West has said racist things about Jewish people, and I'm not Jewish, but holy hell, I'm pissed off.