What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by Executive Hamster »

Voyager wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:23 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:56 pm I mean, I joined semi recently and then forgot I signed up so I didnt start posting until a year or so after I joined, PLUS I pretty much never leave the toys thread.
It feels like you’ve been on these forums for a lot longer. Means you’ve left your mark :)
Thats kinda nice to hear. But I cant help but feel like my MARK is just me getting into fights with people and being aggressively opinionated XD
I did learn a thing or two from MM after all.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:48 am But I cant help but feel like my MARK is just me getting into fights with people and being aggressively opinionated XD
Eh, that's just TK in general. Means you fit right in. ;)
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

This was yesterday, but we posted the latest in our series of short film collaborations with a local community theater group.

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

I started college like a month ago, and a lot of the people I've become friends with are very enthusiastic about me showing them Godzilla movies and learning more about the franchise. Outside of my family no one was really like that (unsurprisingly haha) so it was a surprise, but regardless it made me really happy. We watched Mothra vs Godzilla last week!
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^Nice^

Japan has finally relaxed it's border restrictions and anyone can come in without needing a visa. I'm happy that my mother can finally see her grand daughter.
Likewise, I hope that anyone who has ever wanted to visit Japan finally can come and enjoy themselves here.

Next I finished the anime trilogy prequel novel unofficial translations so please check them out!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MogeGoji1994 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:10 pm I started college like a month ago, and a lot of the people I've become friends with are very enthusiastic about me showing them Godzilla movies and learning more about the franchise. Outside of my family no one was really like that (unsurprisingly haha) so it was a surprise, but regardless it made me really happy. We watched Mothra vs Godzilla last week!
I also found, on moving from HS to college, that I encountered a much more open minded group of people in terms of exploring all kinds of art and entertainment.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I start a new 2nd job Monday, so I am excited and a little nervous because I already feel stressed to my limit but this will aid me in recovering in the 3,600$ that was not paid from my previous employer for my work in August which left me financially crippled.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

This was a few days ago, but my first time ever going to a concert was made into an official music video
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:39 pm This was a few days ago, but my first time ever going to a concert was made into an official music video
You're lucky, I've always wanted to go to a Ghost concert :D
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Signed a contract for a couple thousand dollar artist development grant.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

While me and my dad were in the process of getting me signed up in a new college and getting in touch with disability services, a guy who was helping said he loved my Shin Godzilla mask!

Truth be told, it was actually a Godzilla Earth mask, but still! Fellow Godzilla fans are always a win!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

My terrible cranky old manager was replaced by a very kind younger manager, so thats nice.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

This.

OOT: Post #3600! :)
Last edited by G-Matt on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Earlier this afternoon, I texted some friends with a link to a short film I recently dp'd. It had shit audio, basically because nobody involved was focused on audio, and nobody involved had a decent recording set-up.

One of my friends replied, "y'all need to get 4 lavs stat" ("lavs" are body mics, for those of you who don't know)

A little while later, I checked my email, and was surprised to see an order confirmation from B&H Photo. I thought maybe my wife had ordered some little piece of equipment we needed.

Then I saw the total: $278.58. My wife would not have spent that without consulting me. At that point, I was very worried.

Then I saw the billing info, and what it was for.

My friend ordered us a full 4-channel wireless recording kit.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

eabaker wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:08 pm Earlier this afternoon, I texted some friends with a link to a short film I recently dp'd. It had poop audio, basically because nobody involved was focused on audio, and nobody involved had a decent recording set-up.

One of my friends replied, "y'all need to get 4 lavs stat" ("lavs" are body mics, for those of you who don't know)

A little while later, I checked my email, and was surprised to see an order confirmation from B&H Photo. I thought maybe my wife had ordered some little piece of equipment we needed.

Then I saw the total: $278.58. My wife would not have spent that without consulting me. At that point, I was very worried.

Then I saw the billing info, and what it was for.

You have a great friend.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

eabaker wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:08 pm Then I saw the billing info, and what it was for.

Hell yeah! That's a real friend right there. Are y'all planning on doing audio pickups?
That's actually what brought me here today, I pretty much finished editing my thesis film today, after making the unfortunate discovery that most of my footage was unusable due to my sound mixer futzing up and setting the mixer to outdoor levels rather than indoor. Despite this huge setback and a few small ones, the film I've been slaving at since last November is finally coming together! All that's left is for my DP to color grade it and take a "just in case" pass at my edit.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:55 pm
eabaker wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:08 pm Then I saw the billing info, and what it was for.

Hell yeah! That's a real friend right there. Are y'all planning on doing audio pickups?
That's actually what brought me here today, I pretty much finished editing my thesis film today, after making the unfortunate discovery that most of my footage was unusable due to my sound mixer futzing up and setting the mixer to outdoor levels rather than indoor. Despite this huge setback and a few small ones, the film I've been slaving at since last November is finally coming together! All that's left is for my DP to color grade it and take a "just in case" pass at my edit.
No, we won't be doing any re-recording for that particular project. It was a 48 hour film that I worked on for someone else, not actually one of our projects, and it would require re-recording dialogue with children, who would never be able to re-dub their lines accurately.

We will, however, be taking full advantage of them on projects in October and November!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Just realized my car has a sunroof. I've had it almost 2 years now and am only just now finding this out. :oops: :lol:
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Tears of joy! My prayers have been answered! My emotionally detached sister has finally opened up about her troubles. Praise the Lord!
For Emperor and Empire!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

The tv show Barry. Just a wonderful series. Both humor and heavy drama. Bill Hader's performance is excellent. Watched season 2 last night. Episode 5 was a complete fucking riot. Had me and the old man laughing our asses off.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"