What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LegendZilla
Keizer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by LegendZilla »

Just learned that I have to pay $3000 for two new tooth crowns.

ShinGojira14
Futurian

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Arctic just passed a tipping point, and it’s not the #1 news headline.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Okay, so I guess you’re just going to Tom Brady your way out of everything, is that it? What’s the matter, can’t do it on your own?"

Resized ImageResized Image

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Tropical Storm Ian, which is expected to turn into a category 2 Hurricane by the time it comes to FL damn it...

link - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tropical-s ... hurricane/

Executive Hamster
JXSDF Technician

Post by Executive Hamster »

Yup. Hitting us around Wednesday, I think. Jacksonville is weirdly prone to just missing hurricanes. Irma got close, we got hit by the very edge of it while it was a Cat 1, but it completely flooded our downtown. The idea of a Cat 2 scares me a bit.
I'm not gonna say anything productive....I'm just gonna tell you the Heisei series is better.
My collection: https://www.instagram.com/executive.hamster/

MogeGoji1994
GPN Volunteer

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

I have this awful cold/flu that I simply can't shake, and I'm not sure what to do about. It's not covid and no one around me has caught it, nor can I figure out where I got it from, and whenever one symptom goes away, another rises to take its place. Knock on wood, I *think* its getting better, but I can't know for sure

-HE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN TH-

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The first day of mildly cold weather. I love fall. It's easily my favorite season, and I spend the whole long, hot summer romanticizing cold weather and the chill in the air and gusts of icy wind and all that stuff that isn't 95-degree sun, rainforest humidity, and clouds of mosquitoes. And then it gets here one day when I drag out of work bone tired without a coat, and like the people of the Pacific Rim universe "I realized... that this was not gonna stop." Wait, heat. Come back. I like the sun, I really do. I didn't mean any of what I said. Don't leave me...
Last edited by JAGzilla on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/29/euro ... index.html

Maybe news, but this is horrible. Assuming that this is an intentional maneuver by the Russian government it’s also a pretty damning thing.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

ShinGojira14
Futurian

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:26 am https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/29/euro ... index.html

Maybe news, but this is horrible. Assuming that this is an intentional maneuver by the Russian government it’s also a pretty damning thing.
Just saw that yesterday. Fucking horrifying.
"Okay, so I guess you’re just going to Tom Brady your way out of everything, is that it? What’s the matter, can’t do it on your own?"

Resized ImageResized Image

Executive Hamster
JXSDF Technician

My favorite city in the world, St. Augustine, is completely under water from the hurricane. The same hurricane that is only hours from hitting my city. Did I mention that I am expected to show up at 5 am tomorrow for work?
I'm not gonna say anything productive....I'm just gonna tell you the Heisei series is better.

LegendZilla
Keizer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I think the free world is royally fucked now.

Legion1979
Sazer

Post by Legion1979 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm ^I think the free world is royally fucked now.
Because of a hurricane?

Voyager
Xilien Halfling

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm ^I think the free world is royally fucked now.
This just in, Hurricane Ian destroys Liberty, Self Determination, and Capitalism!
Last edited by Voyager on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I’m just a Hunka Hunka Burning Love, ahhh!

When things go wrong, don’t go with them.

Legion1979
Sazer

Post by Legion1979 »

Guys, stop.

StardustGenius
Monsterland Worker

Post by StardustGenius »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:52 am
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm ^I think the free world is royally skreeonked now.
Because of a hurricane?
You don't think it's screwed up someone has to work (which I assume is a retail or service/non essential) while a deadly hurricane is making landfall in town? :eh:

Executive Hamster
JXSDF Technician

Yeah its a little fucked. Thankfully, the hurricane decided last second to not hit my city.....which happens every single time, actually. We've never taken a direct hit and every time we've been in the path it has changed before it reached us. I was so confident our luck would run out but it seems like yet again we avoided getting hit.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Keizer

Post by LegendZilla »

StardustGenius wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:47 am
Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:52 am
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm ^I think the free world is royally skreeonked now.
Because of a hurricane?
You don't think it's screwed up someone has to work (which I assume is a retail or service/non essential) while a deadly hurricane is making landfall in town? :eh:
No, I'm talking about what's happening in Ukraine. Specifically Putin's annexation of those regions.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

StardustGenius
Monsterland Worker

Post by StardustGenius »

[/quote]

No, I'm talking about what's happening in Ukraine.
[/quote]

That's also pretty screwed up. Not a big fan of wars of empire.

Executive Hamster
JXSDF Technician

If it makes things any better, it seems like the citizens that live in the regions Putin annexed are largely pro Russia.

StardustGenius
Monsterland Worker

Post by StardustGenius »

I suppose? But that doesn't change one country with a big military invaded another under false pretenses. "Invading to Denazify Ukraine" is literally the same dumb logic as "Invade Iraq to get the terrorists." It's all empire crap to me. And I'd be wary of any kind of referendums held at literal gunpoint. There was an argument to be made that perhaps these regions been given autonomy back in 2014. Perhaps there should still be. But Any "legitimacy" for supporting these regions from Russia's behalf was thrown out the window when some old man wanted to rebuild the old ML fantasy that was the USSR. It was clear that support of local Russian population was not the key objective.
Last edited by StardustGenius on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Pulled a muscle in my back lifting furniture...