Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Re: Official News topic

Post by master_of_monsters »

^ I hate knowing that im probably doomed to rot here
your source of self destruction

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:31 pm Either we're no longer the greatest country to live in or the bar is set really low by other countries.
Tip for all Americans...

Move to Australia, NZ, and Western/Southern/Northern Europe! We welcome you!
For Emperor and Empire!

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Would love to if i weren't chained to poverty. If you're not obscenely wealthy life here is a fucking joke. Not even a funny one at that
your source of self destruction

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:31 pmEither we're no longer the greatest country to live in or the bar is set really low by other countries.
Lol it hasn't been for a long time since the era of Trump.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:36 am
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:31 pmEither we're no longer the greatest country to live in or the bar is set really low by other countries.
Lol it hasn't been for a long time since the era of Trump.
Trump? Really? What about in America’s real glory days? I’m no American, nor an expert on the American life, but I’d assume the best time to be living in America in history would be post-WW2. I mean, economic growth beyond belief, a moral high of destroying the worst regime in history, etc. Just an Australian’s thoughts.

And taking it back to Trump, I think I’d rather be drinking a Martini on a beachside house in Naples, Genoa or Nice than Deep-Red Florida or what have you. Ooh, or maybe drinking hot chocolate inside my cosy Finnish house during the winter. I think I (and many others) would rather live anywhere in Europe short of East Slavic Nations (particularly Serbia, Russia, Belarus), Australia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand or hell, even places like Thailand or South Africa over Trump’s America.

Not that I have any strong feelings towards the man himself, just not my cup of tea. I’ll take my Sydney or Naples any day.
For Emperor and Empire!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Voyager wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:55 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:31 pm Either we're no longer the greatest country to live in or the bar is set really low by other countries.
Tip for all Americans...

This is nice, in concept, but it's not exactly free to move. I just moved from county to county, an hour away, and it was not cheap at all. I can't imagine the cost, and the huge financial risk, of moving overseas.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Maritonic wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:27 am
Tip for all Americans...

This is nice, in concept, but it's not exactly free to move. I just moved from county to county, an hour away, and it was not cheap at all. I can't imagine the cost, and the huge financial risk, of moving overseas.
Yeah, that’s why its a joke.

Housing isn’t being very kind lately here in Sydney.
For Emperor and Empire!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:32 am

Tip for all Americans...

Ah, yes, it was very clear your comment was a joke. How silly of me.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Maritonic wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:34 am
Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:32 am

Ah, yes, it was very clear your comment was a joke. How silly of me.
Erm… okay. I’ll just take that passive aggressiveness and leave it at the door.
For Emperor and Empire!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:21 am I’m no American, nor an expert on the American life, but I’d assume the best time to be living in America in history would be post-WW2. I mean, economic growth beyond belief, a moral high of destroying the worst regime in history, etc.
Sure, that would have been a great time to live here...

...as long as you weren't black, jewish, atheist, gay, a woman, mentally or physically disabled, remotely associated with anyone or anything potentially labeled "red"...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

....sounds like things haven't changed much.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:21 ameconomic growth beyond belief, a moral high of destroying the worst regime in history, etc. Just an Australian’s thoughts.
You missed the Vietnam/Korean War, looming threat of nuclear annihilation, Civil Rights Movements, Chinese Confession Program, several oil crises, Red Scare paranoia, white supremacy, the AIDS crisis, and Ronald Reagan's entire presidency magnifying the divide between the lower and upper class...

I wouldn't call those glory days.
Last edited by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 on Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The 90's early 2000's seemed like to best time to live in the US from my understanding. Even the 80's didn't seem that bad.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Then it speaks to the quality of America as a whole, no? I could pick any decade and some would be unhappy. Maybe GodzillaFan1990s was right.

Added in 3 minutes 15 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:48 am The 90's early 2000's seemed like to best time to live in the US from my understanding
Unless you were a Muslim…

And I’m sure some would like to complain about the 80s, most likely about Reagan targeting black communities with drugs and what have you.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Jeez, it's almost like, despite the ideological theory that supposedly underpins it, the Supreme Court is inevitably a political entity, and its methods and powers need a massive overhaul to prevent it from functioning a tool of oppression by a single political party!
Last edited by eabaker on Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

eabaker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:28 am Jeez, it's almost like, despite the ideological theory that supposedly underpins it, the Supreme Court is inevitably a political entity, and its methods and powers need a massive overhaul to prevent it from functioning a tool of oppression by a single political party!

Are you implying this was a political decision? Why didn’t they rule against Biden on immigration then?

Have either of you actually read the case? Or even bothered to look up what the major questions/issues doctrine is?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:56 pm
eabaker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:28 am Jeez, it's almost like, despite the ideological theory that supposedly underpins it, the Supreme Court is inevitably a political entity, and its methods and powers need a massive overhaul to prevent it from functioning a tool of oppression by a single political party!

Are you implying this was a political decision? Why didn’t they rule against Biden on immigration then?

Have either of you actually read the case? Or even bothered to look up what the major questions/issues doctrine is?
Read the full case? No. Read up on the case? Yes.

And "they don't block literally every single thing that a member of the opposing party does" does not mean "none of their decisions are motivated by the politics of the members."

That said, I will certainly acknowledge that my response is tied to my personal political beliefs, just as their decisions are tied to their personal political beliefs.
Last edited by eabaker on Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

eabaker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:15 pm

And "they don't block literally every single thing that a member of the opposing party does" does not mean "none of their decisions are motivated by the politics of the members."
You implied they are a political entity as a whole. I don’t see evidence of that. SCOTUS hears so many cases, most of them don’t involve hotly contested political topics. In my opinion, both sides accuse the court of being politicized every time they lose on a case.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:31 pm
eabaker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:15 pm

You implied they are a political entity as a whole. I don’t see evidence of that. SCOTUS hears so many cases, most of them don’t involve hotly contested political topics. In my opinion, both sides cry about the court being politicized every time they lose on a case.
Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly, but an apparent implication is not necessarily an intended implication.
Last edited by eabaker on Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.