If Godzilla appeared how do you think the world would change?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

If Godzilla appeared how do you think the world would change?

Post by miguelnuva »

Sorry if this is the wrong place but since it was a film question thought I would put it here.

I know the news would talk about him at least for 6 months non stop and then there would be then kill him or left him live discussion.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: If Godzilla appeared how do you think the world would change?

Post by LegendZilla »

Society would slowly crumble down from repeated kaiju attacks.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:36 pm Society would slowly crumble down from repeated kaiju attacks.
I’d highly doubt. How do we even know Godzilla would attack? And even if he did, stuff like the Internet was made for this.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Well, construction and insurance companies would get rich real quick. The US military would be ecstatic to have an enemy they can go all out on, at least until they realize none of their weapons are any use.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

JAGzilla wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:46 pm Well, construction and insurance companies would get rich real quick. The US military would be ecstatic to have an enemy they can go all out on, at least until they realize none of their weapons are any use.
They'd still keep endlessly pumping money in to the military no matter how ineffective their arms would be.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Everywhere but Japan/South East Asia would be completely safe! :lol:

I think that the obvious is that Japan/countries would have a lot more weapons. It's worth distinguishing the question of "what is Godzilla exists", vs "what if the Godzilla series really happened" are two separate questions. It also depends which incarnation of Godzilla we are talking about, down to the movie. For example, Shin is obviously a threat to human existence, while the Heisei Godzilla, while destructive is territorial. Kiryu Saga Godzilla is likened to a destructive force like a hurricane or an earthquake. Depending on the incarnation, Godzilla attacks happen once a year, every decade or so, or are something that happens once and is either dealt with or a doomsday scenario.

Honestly, it wouldn't be that much different than current day Japan, or other parts of the globe. Godzilla is a natural disaster, and unlike things like an Earthquake, he's at least more predictable. Underground Godzilla shelters would totally be a thing.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

If it were SP Godzilla, unless we had Jet Jaguar and the Orthoganal Diagonalizer, our entire universe would be absolutely positively fucked.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:33 pmIt also depends which incarnation of Godzilla we are talking about,
Late Showa G would be a godsend these days, I swear man :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Are we pretending the world militaries are as inept as they are in the films for this?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:32 am Are we pretending the world militaries are as inept as they are in the films for this?
The best strategy they have is to blind a kaiju with phosphorous weapons. That's what the US military says their go to is with a kaiju (for real). Problem is, Godzilla won't stay blind, & would be weary of a similar second attack. Godzilla's regen is the real problem. That, & the fact nukes only make him stronger. There's nothing we have that would down him that our current arsenal has in it's possession. Better to try & steer him away from major metropolises & hope he gets bored & goes away. Attacking Godzilla in force only pisses him off.
Last edited by Red-Death Gigan on Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I think the real world would be a lot quicker to hit godzilla with an atomic weapon than it would in the movies. The existance of Godzilla would throw the entire world into economic turmoil, especially if he decimated a major urban city.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Red-Death Gigan wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:17 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:32 am Are we pretending the world militaries are as inept as they are in the films for this?
The best strategy they have is to blind a kaiju with phosphorous weapons. That's what the US military says their go to is with a kaiju (for real). Problem is, Godzilla won't stay blind, & would be weary of a similar second attack.
There is A LOT more than just white phosphorous. The answer you're referring to one was an off the wall question to a General that he had no prior thoughts on. The world has more than just chemical weapons and things that make stuff go boom. And Godzilla *DOES* have more softer tissue targets than just his eyes. Just going by what we've seen in films, I have no doubt the world, if not just the USA, would be able to handle him after conventional firepower fails.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

If all else fails, The Brick is still an option. It wouldn't be cheap, but it would work.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Red-Death Gigan wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:17 am The best strategy they have is to blind a kaiju with phosphorous weapons. That's what the US military says their go to is with a kaiju (for real). Problem is, Godzilla won't stay blind, & would be weary of a similar second attack. Godzilla's regen is the real problem. That, & the fact nukes only make him stronger. There's nothing we have that would down him that our current arsenal has in it's possession. Better to try & steer him away from major metropolises & hope he gets bored & goes away. Attacking Godzilla in force only pisses him off.
Shin had protective eye covering. But you have a point: depending on the incarnation, Godzilla really isn't so destructive but people piss him off and then he goes on a proper rampage.

I might as well state I had a really stupid idea of how to stop Godzilla when I was a kid: Super Glue. I imagined a giant vat of super glue would be poured on Godzilla and he'd be stuck. Good thing I'm not in charge of the JSDF. Funnily enough, similar strategies of impeding Godzilla reoccur thought the films. Godzilla essentially is glued up by Mothra and Kumonga, and is trapped in ice/lava in GRA and Godzilla 1984. You could also BS and just say Godzilla could melt his way out of glue.

Maybe, make an Island in the Pacific with a "house" for Godzilla. A big plot of land, where Godzilla can easily be fed (radiation or other things), and avoid his territory.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

It depends on the incarnation of Godzilla.

Regardless AlternateHistoryHub did a scenario on this.

In a way unless it was something like Heisei Godzilla (Given Meltdown Godzilla is a planetary destructive threat), SP Godzilla or Earth Godzilla. Godzilla would pretty much be seen in the same way as an earthquake, tsunami, or whatever force of nature that we'd just have to deal with.
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:41 pm If it were SP Godzilla, unless we had Jet Jaguar and the Orthoganal Diagonalizer, our entire universe would be absolutely positively skreeonked.
Don't forget Earth Godzilla.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Without contrived narrative expediencies that exist in movies to generate conflict, Godzilla would use his obviously human level intellect to communicate with humans and establish a mutually beneficial relationship with the rest of the world.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I think a Godzilla being thrown in the mix could temporarily halt a lot of geopolitical tensions. Not even because of the violence but because of how unorthodox the nature of the violence.
But in the long term, I'd imagine it might accelerate the arms race.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Maybe it's then finally for real-life Ultraman to appear on our planet too

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:06 pm If all else fails, The Brick is still an option. It wouldn't be cheap, but it would work.
This man gets it.

Quote of the Year:

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

The world would be better.