Unpopular Opinion Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:07 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:03 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:28 pm I'm tired of zombies everywhere in the media.
This. Zombies are overdone, stupid and uninteresting.

Let’s see other monsters dominate the post-apocalypse genre.
Same with Rogue AI.

I’d honestly love to see more ghosts or stuff like ogres.
Ghosts, trolls, ogres, vampires, witches, werewolves and other were-beasts, banshees, cryptids, motherfucking dragons (my favorite), etc.

Post apocalyptic fantasy and fairy tale creatures sounds rad as hell.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Voyager wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:07 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:03 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:28 pm I'm tired of zombies everywhere in the media.
This. Zombies are overdone, stupid and uninteresting.

Let’s see other monsters dominate the post-apocalypse genre.
Same with Rogue AI.

I’d honestly love to see more ghosts or stuff like ogres.
I said it once on this thread but it bares repeating.

#Bringbackwerewolves

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Outside of video games, I can't actually remember the last time we had a big-name zombie story in the last ten years. Aside from the Walking Dead TV show, I guess.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I think that the first Resident Evil film owes much of its success to the fact that 28 Days Later came out the same year. Had both films not been released in 2002, zombies may not have proliferated quite to the extent they have now.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:54 am ^I think that the first Resident Evil film owes much of its success to the fact that 28 Days Later came out the same year. Had both films not been released in 2002, zombies may not have proliferated quite to the extent they have now.
The first Resident Evil was released in the US in March and the UK in July, while 28 Days Later was released in the UK in November and didn't hit the US until January of the following year. I can't really see how the latter film could have helped the box office of the former.

Proximity of releases for similar titles is rarely considered a boon to either. For example, sticking to zombie movies, George Romero attributed the relative box office failure of Day of the Dead to its having been beaten to theaters by Return of the Living Dead.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

We need more post apocalypse with dinosaurs. cough*Cadillacs&Dinosaurs*cough
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:15 pm We need more post apocalypse with dinosaurs. cough*Cadillacs&Dinosaurs*cough
Two words.

Zombie dinosaurs.

I'd love for the Jurassic Dead book trilogy to be adapted into a TV series.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Apparently it seems its unpopular I care more about gas and food prices then I do about peoples rights to commit murder.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Extreme Warhawk wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:06 pm Apparently it seems its unpopular I care more about gas and food prices then I do about peoples rights to commit murder.
You'll have to elaborate on this one. When you say "peoples rights to commit murder" what exactly are you referring to? Hope it's not what happened yesterday...

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:12 pm
Extreme Warhawk wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:06 pm Apparently it seems its unpopular I care more about gas and food prices then I do about peoples rights to commit murder.
You'll have to elaborate on this one. When you say "peoples rights to commit murder" what exactly are you referring to? Hope it's not what happened yesterday...
Abortion is murder

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Extreme Warhawk wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:37 pm
Abortion is murder
Sorry you feel this way. A lot of very unfortunate women are going to be completely FUCKED because of what happened yesterday, but you do you.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Allowing a woman to die from an ectopic pregnancy is murder. Enjoy having that on your conscience
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Abortion is murder
But I bet your answer to school shootings is just put more guns in the schools, right?

You see this lil reaction you built up here? This is a prime example of just how outnumbered you republicans really are. And you can congradulate the SCOTUS, because they just mobilized the entire left again.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:49 pm

Abortion is murder
But I bet your answer to school shootings is just put more guns in the schools, right?

You see this lil reaction you built up here? This is a prime example of just how outnumbered you republicans really are. And you can congradulate the SCOTUS, because they just mobilized the entire left again.
For all the good that's going to do, unfortunately.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

For anyone still responding to Extreme Warhawk's posts, he's been banned already. No need to report or comment on his posts.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Anywaaay...

Um, San Andreas? That disaster movie from 2015? I actually thought that one was pretty decent, as far as natural disaster movies go. I thought it balanced the spectacle and the emotional heart well.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Spuro wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:15 pm Anywaaay...

Um, San Andreas? That disaster movie from 2015? I actually thought that one was pretty decent, as far as natural disaster movies go. I thought it balanced the spectacle and the emotional heart well.
It's a fun popcorn disaster flick. My issue with it is well, same issue with most Dwayne Johnson movies: He doesn't act. He just plays himself in every role.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I couldn't care less if I ever get into any of the big gaming franchises.

For all the bitching the MCU gets these days I still think it's the most consistently entertaining movie franchise alive at the moment. Sure it's got its' ups and downs but I always walk out of them more or less satisfied.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The MCU isn't perfect but I'd gladly take it as the current popular action movie franchise model over something like Transformers.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:21 pm The MCU isn't perfect but I'd gladly take it as the current popular action movie franchise model over something like Transformers.
Transformers being botched is a real shame, but I’m glad we got the original trilogy, and I love them for what they are. Sexy, Explosive, Badass, Corny, all of it. I would have never gotten Optimus “We will kill them all” and “give me your face” Prime without the Bayverse. I couldn’t give less of a shit to AOE and TLK though. So much to the point where they’re the only TF films not having any contributions in my upcoming tourney.

Anyways… Beat It is my favourite Michael Jackson song. It’s better than Billie Jean IMO, the mainstream pick for MJ’s best.
For Emperor and Empire!