What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Voyager
Keizer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Voyager »

Younger sister has the rona.
For Emperor and Empire!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Oh, I'll tell you all what's ruined my whole year.

Wikipedia's kept me blocked since May of last year, all because I constantly switched a current Wikipedia article for an older version of it so I could make additions to the older version, print out that version for my own personal use (it was the original version of the article when I found it and I contributed much inforrmation to it so it'd really be good), and then switch it back to the current one. I've been doing this for a long time over and over again as I needed to and no one complained at all - until then. I asked them nicely where it says in the rules that I can't do that a long time ago, but I've never gotten a straight answer from any of them. They told me try cut, copy and paste, but I don't know how to do that and the Wikipedia article about it might as well have been written in gibberish, for all the hope I have of understanding it.

Then, I thought I could edit articles at my second house in GA, since I seemed to have no trouble doing so, figuring I was out of their jurisdiction and their range. It worked for a while, especially after my brother and sister-in-law gave me a laptop to use at the GA house last year which is connected to their computer, not mine in FL. Now, I'm being accused of block evasion by the lastest of a whole bunch of idiots, morons, and imbeciles who seem to have nothing better to do with their time than to keep me from editing anything, even though I've told them over and over again I've learned my lesson and won't do what I did before that started all this.

Now, this latest idiot/moron/imbecile says I've got to wait for six months from Jan. 16th of this year without editing at all before I can even try to ask them to unblock me, and they didn't even have the decency to tell me what exact date it is! I saw on some of my older blocks that they were going to expire on Dec. 20th of last year at a certain time, so I thought I was fine. They lied! There's a few articles I'd like to fix up and now I can't, courtesy of them!

Never have I hated anyone as much as I hate these people! They're the most self-righteous fools I've ever seen in my life! They should pay for this and pay royally! If I could do so, I'd sure give them all a piece of my mind, and hope they all choke on it! This has gone on far enough and I can't do anything about it! Even asking someone else to help me do what I want to do is forbidden by them, the dirty little...

Sorry about that, I just had to get it off my chest. The only consulation I have is I know they won't look over here for this. Can anyone help me, please?
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

What Wikipedia article is this and why is it so important that you edit it so frequently?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:49 pm What Wikipedia article is this and why is it so important that you edit it so frequently?
Underworld Unleashed, especially the four lists of DC superheroes and DC supervillains who either accepted or rejected Neron's offer of gaining their greatest desires in exchange for their souls, which have since been removed since the article was, imho. dumbed down beyond all belief by one of the people who did this to me. if you wish to see what the article looked like before all this happened, go to its Revision history section and look up the entry for 17:05, 20 June 2021.

I've actually gone on Mark Waid's website asking about these characters, and he actually answered me! I've asked a friend to cut, copy and paste a whole lot of this info (based on Waid's emails to me, which I haven't deleted) into the article so that he and I can both have it a copy of it without causing any more trouble, but he's been so busy he can't get it done. (Btw, he has the entire list of comic book issues in the section of stories in this crossover event thanks to me, and the article was being used to explain it all, but a little while ago I found seven more issues that are part of, or at least connected to, the event and I told him where they went in the storyline. (I got most of my info on the order of occurance from The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe and by reading the stories). He told me that he put them in where I said they were supposed to go, but they've got to be added into the article, too.)
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I get you're passionate about this, but if the situation surrounding it is enough to completely ruin your year maybe it's time to back away, you know.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:12 pm I get you're passionate about this, but if the situation surrounding it is enough to completely ruin your year maybe it's time to back away, you know.
Oh, I backed away from this thing a long time ago. I just want my friend to finish putting in the new info (after checking to make sure the (see Reference (fill in the number)) references are correct (since a whole lot of them that are already in the article since the last time have to be either added to or removed entirely), and I know he''l do it someday and the article'll be finally finished at last. That doesn't bother me.

What does bother is I've done what these people on Wikipedia wanted me to do and left it alone after all this time, but when I try to tell them that i'm not going to do it again, they won't unblock me at all. They're so bound by their draconian rules that they won't even listen to me. All I want to do is get to edit again and put all this behind me, but no, to them it's six months or nothing.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Just found out there are license NFT’s of GvK… I feel so disappointed right now

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My pizza didn't arrive :mad:
For Emperor and Empire!

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Getting any sort of vaccine/booster really messes with my sleeping to the point where i’m forced to stay awake and a pounding headache.

At least I got the booster though!
Last edited by MinorBone Good on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’ve been watching a lot of Star Wars videos and this guy always brings in his politics - when I’m distancing myself from politics.
For Emperor and Empire!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

My mother has just been tested positive.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Dude who I used to hang with back when I was fresh out of high school passed away. We weren't on good terms, hadn't talked in years since he screwed over some good friends of mine. But last night a few of us that knew him had a drink in his memory, and I realized that all I held onto were the bad memories of the guy, when in fact there were plenty of good ones too.
I like to think I keep things in perspective, as far as life and death go, but in this case I utterly failed to do so. The shit I held on to wasn't worth clinging to in light of the man's life.
Keep tabs on your friends, guys. You never know when the last time you talk to them will be.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:53 am Dude who I used to hang with back when I was fresh out of high school passed away. We weren't on good terms, hadn't talked in years since he screwed over some good friends of mine. But last night a few of us that knew him had a drink in his memory, and I realized that all I held onto were the bad memories of the guy, when in fact there were plenty of good ones too.
I like to think I keep things in perspective, as far as life and death go, but in this case I utterly failed to do so. The poop I held on to wasn't worth clinging to in light of the man's life.
Keep tabs on your friends, guys. You never know when the last time you talk to them will be.
Damn....
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I'm embarrassed to be a Canadian. Jesus fucking hell...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spuro wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:06 am I'm embarrassed to be a Canadian. Jesus fucking hell...
What? What did Trudeau say now?
For Emperor and Empire!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:35 am
Spuro wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:06 am I'm embarrassed to be a Canadian. Jesus fucking hell...
I think he's referring to the gaggle of anti-vaxxers who are currently protesting against vaccine mandates, all while waving swastika/Confederate/Trump 2024 flags. In Canada.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:02 pm
I think he's referring to the gaggle of anti-vaxxers who are currently protesting against vaccine mandates, all while waving swastika/Confederate/Trump 2024 flags. In Canada.
Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. They're defecating on lawns in front of rainbow flags, desecrating Terry Fox statues, dancing and pissing on war memorials...

Please just get the vaccine for the sake of our sanity, guys...
Last edited by Spuro on Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Lots of goodies today. Generalizations and blanket statements, people downplaying shit I'm going through. It's all so wonderful and loving coming from the people you care about the most.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:02 pm
Yikes. That’s very cringe, huh. I’d expect no less from a “Southern Pride” rally, but in Canada? Why? Swatstikas (the ones used) are a German thing. The Confederate and Trump ‘24 flags are an American thing. Canada, if you’re gonna be far-right crazy nut job, at least be original.

Added in 46 seconds:
Maritonic wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:08 pm Lots of goodies today. Generalizations and blanket statements, people downplaying shit I'm going through. It's all so wonderful and loving coming from the people you care about the most.
Tell me about it. Blanket statements are one of the things that I hate the most.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

This is exactly why I don't follow the world news and just live my life as it is.

Helps makes the world less depressing.