What made your day? KAI

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Major sssspielberg!
Gotengo Officer

Re: What made your day? KAI

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Had a fantastic day at work, took everything that came at me and spat it back out, and now I have the whole weekend to relax before school starts up again next week. Happy new year everybody!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

MinorBone Good
Interpol Agent

Post by MinorBone Good »

The Gregory Horror Show Anime is seemingly going to get a revival after a 22 year long break.

Also Happy New Year!
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Some say it was his GF at the time pressuring him, some say it was a massive falling out with older "core" members of the group which formed part of the cast of the comic. Then there's the pedo controversy that's thrown around.
Naaaah, SpaceG, naaah. It wasn't that. He got rid of them because his comic wasn't getting as many views as the underaged kaiju girls, so he went 'skreeonk you' and removed them, then when his comic still didn't get views, he quit.
"I have 40 years of knowledge on Tokusatsu, do not disrespect me." :lol:
The Ultraman Sub Forum should be renamed to Tsuburaya. Prove me wrong.

Voyager
Xilien Halfling

Post by Voyager »

Just reading through this whole pedo situation screams sad and pathetic.
Showa, Queen ‘n Jesus. That’s all I need.

JAGzilla
Keizer

Post by JAGzilla »

Getting started on a long-anticipated project to transfer my book and toy collection shelves from the out-of-the-way storage room downstairs (recently and highly inconveniently converted into a family member's bedroom and therefore frequently inaccessible to me) to my freshly cleaned and reorganized bedroom. This'll mark the first time since about 2009 that my collection has actually been in my room, so now basically everything I own will all be together in one convenient place, which will be really nice. My collection isn't huge compared to some I've seen on here, but it still totals six shelves with a few hundred each of books and figures, and lugging it all up the stairs, dusting and reshelving is an undertaking. I got the two worst shelves cleared and brought up so far with about three hours of work; the rest should be somewhat easier, but will mostly have to wait for my next off days.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ShinGojira14
EDF Instructor

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Watched the movie Practical Magic for the first time in well over a decade, and now the memories are flooding back.
"Oh my God! They killed KaijuX! YOU BASTARDS!"

Resized ImageResized Image

JAGzilla
Keizer

Post by JAGzilla »

And the shelf relocation is complete. I wasn't positive they would fit cleanly in my room, but they do, and I even have space to keep my night stand. All that's left to do is reshelf the books and everything, but that's the fun part. I got rid of a bunch of old magazines and assorted clutter, which frees up a lot of shelf space. If I was smart, I'd save that space so my book collection can grow for years to come. If I was smart. I dunno, though, man... all my toys are back where I can see and appreciate them again, and Bandai has released so much great stuff in the last year, and suddenly I think I feel some brain cells dying...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Mac Daddy MM
Futurian

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just got a new job offer and accepted it. After over a decade, I am *FINALLY* getting completely out of manufacturing and entering a new field of work, commercial agriculture. This is going to open the doors for me in the not-so-distant future to enter commercial marijuana. OR stick around at this job and eventually get my own greenhouse as the company branches out, wanting to put one near every major city in the US.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

As I was riding shotgun with my girlfriend as she did food deliveries, I got to talking about the DC Comics character Doomsday. Told her his origin story and she got all sad and felt bad for him. It was cute and light hearted moment.
In a big country dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside
Stay alive

ShinGojira14
EDF Instructor

Post by ShinGojira14 »

One of my followers on Twitter knew how much I like Godzilla Ultima and Terrestris, so he pointed me out to a T-shirt depicting both designs that is now out there in the world.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

(Technically happened yesterday but) Giving my girlfriend her *admittedly* late Christmas present now that I can actually afford it comfortably with my new job.
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Income tax return has been approved. Shopping spree incoming!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ShinGojira14
EDF Instructor

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Turned in a writing assignment, a story I wrote, for my college class. The instructor and a fellow student loved the hell out of it.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Another festival acceptance! This time my short film "Unkempt" got into the Oregon Screams Horror Film Festival!

This means that within a span of just over four months my wife and I will have been able to attend local screenings of three different shorts we've made.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Major sssspielberg!
Gotengo Officer

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

eabaker wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:15 pm Another festival acceptance! This time my short film "Unkempt" got into the Oregon Screams Horror Film Festival!

This means that within a span of just over four months my wife and I will have been able to attend local screenings of three different shorts we've made.
Hell yeah man! Congrats. Was Unkempt a part of that anthology or is it its own thing?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:22 pm
eabaker wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:15 pm Another festival acceptance! This time my short film "Unkempt" got into the Oregon Screams Horror Film Festival!

Hell yeah man! Congrats. Was Unkempt a part of that anthology or is it its own thing?
Thank you! "Unkempt" was its own thing, and the writer and I have done some chatting about how we could expand it into a feature, if the opportunity arose (the current version is about 8 minutes long).
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Went for a walk 4 times around the block. Felt good. Also did some weight lighting after. Gonna try and get A1C down. It's a 5.2 and in 2019 and 2020 it was at 5.3. If I can get it to 5.0 that would be a huge victory for me. I am not diabetic but it runs in the family and I want to be far away from it as I can get.

I already don't drink soda, and as of January I am going to severely limit my sweets intake. But there's more I can do.
In a big country dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside
Stay alive

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

After so many years due to a combination of writers block and compulsive thoughts. I might have gotten the urge to writing again as I came up with a crossover story that I'd like to so which is a Gamera/Hilda crossover. :D
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.

Voyager
Xilien Halfling

Post by Voyager »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:35 pm After so many years due to a combination of writers block and compulsive thoughts. I might have gotten the urge to writing again as I came up with a crossover story that I'd like to so which is a Gamera/Hilda crossover. :D
That’s great! I’m very happy for you, and what an interesting crossover.

I’m starting to get into writing a story myself using properties I like. Not sure what though.
Showa, Queen ‘n Jesus. That’s all I need.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Voyager wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:38 pmThat’s great! I’m very happy for you, and what an interesting crossover.

I’m starting to get into writing a story myself using properties I like. Not sure what though.
I feel it clicks given Hilda's connection and love to nature and the wilderness and Gamera at least the Heisei incarnation being the guardian of earth along with being the friend of all children of course.

What I have planned in mind is a dark and emotional story but with a huge sense of optimism.
My rules:

1. If I start getting carried away, I simply just log off and come back later.
2. Think before I suddenly post.
3. Try not to post image only posts even if they're just for fun and jokes.