What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by JAGzilla »

Having to work through a cold. My chest is all congested and I'm coughing a lot, and I just have no energy. Masks are a lifesaver for situations like this, though, and at least they're letting me work alone tonight. *sigh* Four more hours and then I'm off for two days...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah I got a pretty bad cold right now. I on the other hand called in tonight. I probably should have called in last night but was able to fight through it but didn't feel like doing that again. On top of that my sister might have to have her dog put down tomorrow. We'll have to see but he's not looking too well. Though he is a Great Dane and has actually hung on way longer than is typical for the breed so he lead a long and full life.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:50 pm Yeah I got a pretty bad cold right now. I on the other hand called in tonight. I probably should have called in last night but was able to fight through it but didn't feel like doing that again. On top of that my sister might have to have her dog put down tomorrow. We'll have to see but he's not looking too well. Though he is a Great Dane and has actually hung on way longer than is typical for the breed so he lead a long and full life.
Sucks about your health get better soon.

But the putting the dog to sleep hits me hard, my condolences if your sister does. I did that this year with my dog and it fucking sucked and I still can't get over it. I have him on my mantle just couldn't come to terms on a burial. Hope your sister doesn't have to go through with it. But if it's for the best for him/her then God Speed.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I discovered r/Dreamgender.
For Emperor and Empire!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I've had a rough couple of days yesterday at work my phone decided to factory reset itself and I lost my photos I think. I have Verizon service so I'm going to take it in there tomorrow on my lunch break and see if they have a way to recover my photos. I thought I lost my account from Godzilla Battle Line but I managed to get that restored thanks to their customer support.

Then today I got woken up by my father telling me that my mother fell and broke her ankle at work. Thankfully she's okay now just in a lot of pain. She'll have to get surgery on it and it sounds like she'll be out of work for awhile probably until at least March. Ironically her sister did something earlier this year but instead of an ankle my aunt broke her leg in two spots.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

All right, I'm done. I'm officially calling 2021 the worst year for me.

When my bike was stolen last September, I spend $800 on a new one. TODAY, THAT $800 BIKE WAS STOLEN!!! I felt like eating a few hamburgers from In-N-Out, so I rode my bike there. While I was waiting for my order, this old man was talking to me about how cool my bike is. He then showed me his bike and asked if I wanted to trade. In my mind, I was thinking that he is just a weird old man who like to do random business, so I kindly refused. My order was ready, I ate one and it wasn't too long before I felt that something wasn't right. So, I walked back to my bike and it was gone! The old man had some unlocking tricks up his sleeves and managed to steal my bike while I wasn't looking. He also left his bike there as some kind of crappy trade deal. So now he has my expensive bike while I have his below-average bike. To think that this wouldn't have happened if I didn't go to In-N-Out, and just over a month after my other bike was stolen.

So many bad things has happened to me this year, but this one takes the goddamn cake.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:50 pm All right, I'm done. I'm officially calling 2021 the worst year for me.

When my bike was stolen last September, I spend $800 on a new one. TODAY, THAT $800 BIKE WAS STOLEN!!! I felt like eating a few hamburgers from In-N-Out, so I rode my bike there. While I was waiting for my order, this old man was talking to me about how cool my bike is. He then showed me his bike and asked if I wanted to trade. In my mind, I was thinking that he is just a weird old man who like to do random business, so I kindly refused. My order was ready, I ate one and it wasn't too long before I felt that something wasn't right. So, I walked back to my bike and it was gone! The old man had some unlocking tricks up his sleeves and managed to steal my bike while I wasn't looking. He also left his bike there as some kind of crappy trade deal. So now he has my expensive bike while I have his below-average bike. To think that this wouldn't have happened if I didn't go to In-N-Out, and just over a month after my other bike was stolen.

So many bad things has happened to me this year, but this one takes the goddamn cake.
Death to bike thieves I say.

I've had two bikes stolen in my life. Both were 500$ Treks. Both felt like an affront to my person, as I used them to commute to work and college everyday. Eco-friendly and economically friendly solutions being messed over by horrible people. One time I caught someone trying to steal my bike. "I was just looking". Shoulda decked the fucker.

Honestly a symptom of a society that does not care. I got made fun of trying to report a stolen bike, and it's not taken seriously in the United States. In Japan, bike theft is taken just as seriously, and there's always places to park your bike up safely.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:03 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:50 pm All right, I'm done. I'm officially calling 2021 the worst year for me.

Death to bike thieves I say.

I've had two bikes stolen in my life. Both were 500$ Treks. Both felt like an affront to my person, as I used them to commute to work and college everyday. Eco-friendly and economically friendly solutions being messed over by horrible people. One time I caught someone trying to steal my bike. "I was just looking". Shoulda decked the skreeonker.

Honestly a symptom of a society that does not care. I got made fun of trying to report a stolen bike, and it's not taken seriously in the United States. In Japan, bike theft is taken just as seriously, and there's always places to park your bike up safely.
I didn't even bother calling the police because what are the chances of police officers coming across the same person who stole my bike? I live in a city with a lot of people who ride their bikes, so I just know that it's already hopeless.

You know what? After having two of my bikes stolen in the span of over one month, I'm done with bikes for now. I'm not going to try to buy another bike simply because I'm not financially ready for it. I'm still trying to make back all the money that I spend during the COVID-19 pandemic plus the money that I spend on that bike last September. It will take months until I have enough money to buy another one. Even then, I'm no longer going to use my bike to take trips to a restaurant or to go see a movie or go to work because now I know that there is a lot of people roaming the streets trying to find a bike for them to steal. I'm not going to risk it. From now on, I will only use bikes just to exercise or have a fun little ride in my hometown or just to go to a friend's house.
Last edited by CrimsonBloodX on Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I used a bike as my primary form of transportation from childhood into my mid-20s, and I never bothered with expensive ones, because they were always just going to end up stolen anyway. I don't think I ever spent over $90 on a bike (of course, this was mostly in the 90s, so those prices would be a little higher now).
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Well, yesterday my friend of 10 years got let go from the job we worked at for making a server uncomfortable. This morning I woke up and found out the whole story, which involved him hitting on the entire waitstaff in sequence. I've spent years trying to help this guy through his issues. I almost lost a friendship trying to broker peace. And the sad part is I think he only did it to get fired because he wasn't getting promoted fast enough.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Murderers getting off the hook.

That’s what ruined my fucking day.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC/status/1 ... 9822905354
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Justice was served. Felons, domestic abusers, convicted pedophiles attacking an armed person....no shock what happens there.

The trial was thorough, the facts were all laid on the table, the jury made their decision. Anyone who thinks it was the wrong conclusion was not paying very close attention to any of it.

That's all I'll say on the matter.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Chrispy_G wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:44 am Justice was served. Felons, domestic abusers, convicted pedophiles attacking an armed person....no shock what happens there.

The trial was thorough, the facts were all laid on the table, the jury made their decision. Anyone who thinks it was the wrong conclusion was not paying very close attention to any of it.

That's all I'll say on the matter.
And yet my entire FB feed is blowing up with comments from good, rational people who are absolutely devastated by this, so this all isn't as cut and dried as you're making it.

But that's all I want to say, since this entire ordeal was a complete shitshow.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

This is not the place for a debate on the subject.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know it’s technically yesterday, but I just found out I have to pay $1300 for a root canal.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:56 am I know it’s technically yesterday, but I just found out I have to pay $1300 for a root canal.
Skreeonk, that sucks. :shock:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:56 am
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:56 am I know it’s technically yesterday, but I just found out I have to pay $1300 for a root canal.
Skreeonk, that sucks. :shock:
Yeah, I thought I lived in Canada, a country famous for free health care.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Just found out I'm officially the last dishwasher in the building since the other guy walked out the night before Thanksgiving.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Caught a cold from someone's jackass visiting relatives. At least I think it's a cold. Just sneezing, sore throat and runny nose for now. No loss of sense of smell or taste.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I got my second Christmas present I ordered for my younger siblings in stolen last night. The second one in a three day time span. Jesus fucking Christ, I could actually kill a man right now I'm so pissed. It's fucking CHRISTMAS, for fuck's sake!

The Holiday of cheer and giving, my fucking ass.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.