Celebrity Obituaries and Passings

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Re: Celebrity Obituaries and Passings

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:50 pm Michael K. Williams, best known for acting in "The Wire", has passed away today..
Whaaattt? Fuck. That seriously sucks. Phenomenal actor and a great guy. Omar Little is one of the great characters of all time, and Williams' nuanced, believable and at times terrifying performance is a big reason why. This one hurts.

For example:

Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Norm Macdonald, the famous deadpan comedian, writer and actor, has passed away at 61, after a 9 year private battle with cancer.

I have no words. RIP

RIP Evan.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Yeah, this one hits hard. He was solidly my favorite Weekend Update host, surpassing even Jane Curtin.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

One of my favorite stand up bits (which I think I might have also posted here or shared elsewhere at Michael Collins' death earlier this year):

RIP, and as always, FUCK CANCER.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Legitimately shocked and extremely upset by this. Norm was one of my favorite comedians and one of the most unique I've ever heard. This sucks, RIP you ol' battle axe.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Wow, that is sad. He just had a comedy/interview show on Netflix in the last year or so, kind of piggybacking off the success of David Letterman's show. He had a very unique sense of humor for sure, and will defintely be missed. :(
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Man this sucks. Norm was a great comedian that just didn't hold back. Old school comedy.... damn.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Actor Willie Garson has died. He was best known for his roles as Carrie's gay pal Stanford Blatch in Sex and the City and Theodore "Mozzy" Winters in the USA networks' crime dramedy White Collar. Cause of death has not been revealed. Man that's too bad. Loved him in White Collar. He might have been the best character in the whole show.

https://www.thewrap.com/willie-garson-s ... ies-at-57/
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I’m very sad to report that composer Koichi Sugiyama of Ideon, Dragon Quest and of course, Godzilla Vs Biollante has passed away. I’m sure that most of you are aware of this since the news has been posted on the main page, but still, thought I’d shout it out around here.

May him and Ifukube have a musical face-off in heaven.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

RIP indeed. Bio Wars is one of my all time favorite pieces of music from the Godzilla mythos

https://youtu.be/mlyVD6YnQ-I
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'll probably start a shitstorm for saying this, but while he composed some great and iconic music, the dude was a massive piece of shit ultra-nationalist. It's sad to see anyone go, but he was the type that defended a lot of WW2 Japanese shit, denies a lot of wronging in Japan, and has been pretty openly outspoken against a lot of things, the type of things that are pretty antithetical towards my current life and family. To be clear, not cheering his death or anything, but it's the type of thing that I don't think a lot of people know, and it's important to recognize the super bad parts of Japan.

Added in 58 seconds:
Chrispy_G wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:17 pm RIP indeed. Bio Wars is one of my all time favorite pieces of music from the Godzilla mythos

https://youtu.be/mlyVD6YnQ-I
Yeah, fuck yeah Biowars. Okay, I take my previous message back.
Spoiler:
Kinda mixed feelings on this all around. Sad to see the dude died, but also my aforementioned message stands.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I just watched GvsB again recently, so this hit me quite hard.

R.I.P. Sugiyama-san :cry:
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:40 pm I'll probably start a shitstorm for saying this, but while he composed some great and iconic music, the dude was a massive piece of poop ultra-nationalist. It's sad to see anyone go, but he was the type that defended a lot of WW2 Japanese poop, denies a lot of wronging in Japan, and has been pretty openly outspoken against a lot of things, the type of things that are pretty antithetical towards my current life and family.
That's ironic since Ishiro Honda himself actually experienced his country's crimes first hand.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Hasbro's CEO Brian Goldner has passed away today. Disease strikes another unfortunate victim.. :(
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/12/business ... index.html

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Denise Bryer, best remembered as the voice of Zelda in the Gerry Anderson series Terrahawks, has passed away.

https://www.gerryanderson.com/obituary-denise-bryer/
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

This one is recent, so i can't really bring in a source just yet, but Christopher Ayres', the most recent man to play the part of Frieza from Dragon Ball, passed away only a little more than an hour ago...

Skreoonking heartbroken man. :cry:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Also voice actor Jack Angel who took over voicing Ultra Magnus in the 3rd season of Transformers among many other classic 80s and 90s cartoons. Other notable roles included King Zarkon in the original Voltron, The Flash on The Super Friends, and Nick Fury in Spider-Man the Animated Series.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/10/19/g1- ... um=twitter
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:59 pm This one is recent, so i can't really bring in a source just yet, but Christopher Ayres', the most recent man to play the part of Frieza from Dragon Ball, passed away only a little more than an hour ago...

Skreoonking heartbroken man. :cry:
I was taken by surprise when I heard of his passing. He was by far my favorite voice for Frieza, and he had some serious talent. My condolences to his partner Krystal, his brother Greg, and the rest of his friends and family.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA