Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Official News topic

Post by _JNavs_ »

China is a problem. Problems need to get dealt with.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Voyager wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:35 pm Damn you, China. I’m really hoping Johnson and Biden especially are going to back us up. I’m hoping for my life.

China state media warns Australia could become ‘potential target for nuclear strike’ due to new AUKUS pact.

Dear lord, have mercy on us all.
Okay, I usually only take very brief glimpses at this horrendous thread, since I’m not very political and would rather keep discussions like this out of my Godzilla forums, but…
What the fuck???

Can someone tell me how and why China was given the leeway to become this prominent/powerful? And why we haven’t stamped out the shit stain that is the CCP???
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Voyager wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:35 pm Damn you, China. I’m really hoping Johnson and Biden especially are going to back us up. I’m hoping for my life.

China state media warns Australia could become ‘potential target for nuclear strike’ due to new AUKUS pact.

Uhhh...

UHHHHHH...

Excuse me, but WHAT?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:28 pm China is a problem. Problems need to get dealt with.
It can't be dealt with quietly, unfortunately. War is coming, only a matter of time.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:38 pm

What the fuck???

Can someone tell me how and why China was given the leeway to become this prominent/powerful? And why we haven’t stamped out the shit stain that is the CCP???
Thanks for the concern, all of you. I have a sort of passion for history, so I’ll give a very simplified summary of how we got to this point.

There’s a Chinese civil war between the Nationalist KMT and the Communist CCP. After years of fighting, the communists go and hide in the mountains, just in time for the Japanese invasion in ‘37. WW2 happens, and china is barely holding itself together. The communists, with help of the Soviet Union overthrow the nationalists and win the civil war (The KMT escapes to Taiwan).

So, with China under communist rule, Mao has full control over hundreds of millions. He rules horribly, with famines killing tens of millions. He dies in ‘76, and without him, the great industrial potential of china is tapped into. They rapidly industrialise, and become very good producers for the world (hence why ‘Made in China’ is so common, and sort of a joke now). China stayed this silent power in the background, content with making profit without any bother. But when Xi Jingping came into power, China turned into an even more authoritarian state, with the state surveillance coming into play at this time, and china taking an aggressive foreign approach. Xi’s aggressiveness and China’s massive industry is what makes china so dangerous today. Not to mention their nuclear weapons which for the most part are knockoffs of the Russian ones.

Unfortunately for the wider community, Australia isn’t the only country threatened with annihilation. Japan was threatened earlier this year, too.

China is just all around insane, and a global bully. Fuck China.
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:28 pm China is a problem. Problems need to get dealt with.
It can't be dealt with quietly, unfortunately. War is coming, only a matter of time.
-don't do this-
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Voyager, while I respect your anger and opinions, and mostly agree with them, please do not write what you wrote. It's a bad look for everyone and doesn't solve/do much.

Voyager, perhaps you can give me a better understanding of this, but hasn't China and Australia been in a really bad trade war for years? IE: all the stuff with the submarines is just a further ongoing escalation of a trade war?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 pm Voyager, while I respect your anger and opinions, and mostly agree with them, please do not write what you wrote. It's a bad look for everyone and doesn't solve/do much.

Voyager, perhaps you can give me a better understanding of this, but hasn't China and Australia been in a really bad trade war for years? IE: all the stuff with the submarines is just a further ongoing escalation of a trade war?
Sorry if I may have been carried away. Stuff like this feels me with vitriol.

As for the trade war, it really hasn’t affected daily life in any meaningful way. The new AUKUS situation however is different, with this being the first time in memory that China has threatened us with severe military action. Especially in a way that would not only humiliate our armed forces, but also threaten the lives of possible millions.
For Emperor and Empire!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I used to be obsessed with politics and the news. Now, I can't stand it. It takes a lot of digging to find a reasonable take these days. COVID provides an interesting topic for discussion regarding Philosophy of Science. But you don't really see many high level conversations on the subject. It highlights the difficulties in using science to pursue ethical or political goals, among other things.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Spuro wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:46 pm Alright, I got ninjaed by a staff member before I could respond, so I’ll delete most of that stuff meant for goji.

But I did want to set one thing straight for the record: I’m not “blaming Trump more than Bin Ladin.” The two situations aren’t comparable.

I just stated that Trump has more American blood on his hands, which is unfortunately true when we look at the numbers: Covid’s claimed the lives of over 650,000 Americans alone. That’s over two-hundred times the death toll of 9/11. Even with the 20 year Afghanistan war taken into consideration, Covid’s claimed more American lives.

My intent isn’t to be disrespectful, it’s just to point out how bad Trump’s mismanagement of Covid really was.
The truth is not disrespectful, 9/11 was the worst day in American history but Covid has killed way more people and Trump went out if his way to not do what was best by the American people.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

As bad as it is that China is making threats, they're obviously empty. Nuking Australia, or any other country, would be the CCP's instant and complete undoing. The rest of the world would stomp them into the mud, assuming the Chinese people didn't just revolt and do it themselves.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:31 pm As bad as it is that China is making threats, they're obviously empty. Nuking Australia, or any other country, would be the CCP's instant and complete undoing. The rest of the world would stomp them into the mud, assuming the Chinese people didn't just revolt and do it themselves.
I agree, even China's allies would lose faith in them if they nuked Australia. Nuke's are so powerful and so deadly now they effect all of us.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:31 pm As bad as it is that China is making threats, they're obviously empty. Nuking Australia, or any other country, would be the CCP's instant and complete undoing. The rest of the world would stomp them into the mud, assuming the Chinese people didn't just revolt and do it themselves.
I agree, but it’s really just a sign of China could do. Not even the USSR during the Cold War was making these open threats. I have no doubt for a second that a country making such open and complete threats wouldn’t hesitate to take other military action such as missile strikes and invasion.

But yes, threats of nuclear strikes are ludicrous, and bluffs. It would assure the destruction of China as a nation. Especially since the US has far more nukes, and even France outnumbers them in warheads.
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

China has Russia and North Korea to back it up if it wants to get dirty.

They're like the kid in the class who talks mad shit to the other kids because they have two brothers with criminal records.

Who does America have, of equal caliber to combat them? Our immediate neighbors are pacifists. I could see a potential point where America is on the verge of a white flag, and so the last call to arms is to hit up the MOABs and Fatboys.

Or maybe I play too much Fallout, what do I know.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:36 am China has Russia and North Korea to back it up if it wants to get dirty.

They're like the kid in the class who talks mad poop to the other kids because they have two brothers with criminal records.

Who does America have, of equal caliber to combat them? Our immediate neighbors are pacifists. I could see a potential point where America is on the verge of a white flag, and so the last call to arms is to hit up the MOABs and Fatboys.

Or maybe I play too much Fallout, what do I know.
China is a bigger threat than North Korea. If China and Russia offered N Korea up to the US North Korea wouldn't last long. If vice versa happened a war with China or Russia would screw us all over.

Best option should be to find what China wants and if it's in reason help negotiate reasonably.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:31 pm As bad as it is that China is making threats, they're obviously empty.
Yeah, this is China rattling its saber.
_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:36 am China has Russia and North Korea to back it up if it wants to get dirty.

Who does America have, of equal caliber to combat them?
Ever heard of NATO?
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

India has all kinds of problems with China, so we could probably count them as an ally. Turkey would join us against Russia. Plus NATO, plus Japan, plus South Korea. Most of Southeast Asia would help how they could against China. So we don't have any single ally to match Russia, but we have numbers.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Also it’s making the assumption that China and Russia are allies; they aren’t really. It’s more like they have different agendas that sort of coincide with each other but in reality the instant the United States is out of the equation they’re big enemies.

Similar to what happened a year ago in the USA, I don’t see much of what China says (not actually does) as anything but hot air in order to strengthen its own unity. What’s insidious about China is how it’s eagerly trying to portray itself as a homogenous society and succeeding when it’s actually a pretty ethnogenically and culturally diverse country. It also acts weak and targeted racially even though it’s committing genocide and bullies Americans with Chinese descent. The big reason why it wanted Hong Kong, and reeeaaaally wants Taiwan, is it doesn’t want a success story of breakaways.

Russia is pretty different. Has a lot of similar problems to China but it’s not so similar.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:30 am Also it’s making the assumption that China and Russia are allies; they aren’t really. It’s more like they have different agendas that sort of coincide with each other but in reality the instant the United States is out of the equation they’re big enemies.
Although they do have different agendas, China and Russia participate in joint military exercises. They're more aligned with each other than not. As for the highlighted portion, that's true, but it was also true of the U.S./UK and the USSR in WWII. So there's a precedent for ideological "enemies" cooperating against a shared opponent.

However, all this said, this is still a bunch of nothing at present. We're not looking at an imminent world war.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If only Ultraseven was real, if only.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

China and Russia might be scary, but we have numbers, and aside from the big two mentioned, who else do they have? North Korea? Unstable and reckless. Pakistan? Maybe. Iran? Sure. But those aren’t enough to stop the numbers we have. NATO, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, and many more, all of which are powerful in their own right.

As for the relationship between Russia and China, Russia is just trying stay relevant on the world stage. And unfortunately for Russia, as the world continues to heat up, Siberia is looking more and more appetising for Chinese settlers. In the Far East, China has ≈200 million on their side of the border, while Russia has around 4 million. Not to mention all the rich resources. China is looking for more land to spread out the population, and they’re sure as hell eying up Russia. Russia knows this, most likely. Putin is a smart man, and he’s doing everything he can to ‘appease’, if you want to call it that, the CCP.
For Emperor and Empire!