The crypto currency thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Major sssspielberg!
G-Force Personnel

The crypto thread

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I couldn't find an existing thread about it so I went and made one!
Since the beginning of 2021 a lot of people I know are getting interested in crypto, and I'm sure some of us here are interested as well.
Are you investing? Talk about your favorite coins! Curious where to start but don't know the first thing? Discuss your questions or share some answers for noobs! Want to discuss the effects and implications of crypto on the world financial stage? Here's your spot. Just keep it cool 😎
PitchBlackProgress wrote: Minya’s got class, dude one-shot Ghidorah and got all that MonsterLand p****y afterwards.
:xilien: :xilien: :xilien: Join me in.... Escape! :xilien: :xilien: :xilien:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: The crypto thread

Post by _JNavs_ »

I only just turned 21 and I feel like a great grandpa when it comes to crypto. Makes no sense to me, they seem like worthless concepts that you have to dig for through odd means,, with almost nothing to actually spend them on.

Could be way off the mark though I admit.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jermobooka
G-Grasper

Post by Jermobooka »

I have...absolutely no idea how crypto works or what it even is

So, what, is it unstable digital money? Is it something you invest in that has a 50/50 chance of succeeding amazingly or blowing up in everyone faces? I need context here :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: Mechagodzilla...beat him to death! :Mechagodzilla74:

Major sssspielberg!
G-Force Personnel

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:55 am Snip-
_JNavs_ wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:52 am Snip-

Trust me, not only was I in the same boat a year ago, but I still don't really have my head wrapped around the ins and outs.
I'll put it like this: the US dollar used to be based on its value in gold. A Bitcoin for instance is like a piece of data, rather than a piece of paper. The value comes from the fact that there's only ever a finite amount that can be produced, rather than being based on a resource like gold. Since it's operated independently from any government you don't have to deal with as much hassle (for instance inflation, unlike the US dollar they can't just print it until it's worthless, not to mention you can spend it anywhere without worrying about currency transfer). Idk where you guys live but around me, Bitcoin ATMs are popping up at gas stations and car dealerships up the wazoo. Obviously each coin works differently but many institutions are beginning to accept multiple coins which is what gets the value going up.
As far as actually acquiring cryptos, there's many apps and avenues to get some. I figured this thread would be a good place for people to share tips and demystify the whole idea of crypto a little bit.
I'm sorry if I'm not helping guys, I'm sure someone else can explain much more succinctly :lol:
I'll see if I can dig up some helpful videos to post today.
PitchBlackProgress wrote: Minya’s got class, dude one-shot Ghidorah and got all that MonsterLand p****y afterwards.
:xilien: :xilien: :xilien: Join me in.... Escape! :xilien: :xilien: :xilien: